PDA

View Full Version : LAPL to PPL and QXC Certificate

up-in-the-sky
17th Jan 2016, 17:28
Dear All,

I hold a LAPL and as per below (ref. CAP804) I completed all the required training at an ATO, incl. the QXC:

FCL.210.A PPL(A) — Experience requirements and crediting
(b) Specific requirements for applicants holding an LAPL(A). Applicants for a PPL (A) holding an LAPL(A) shall have completed at least 15 hours of flight time on aeroplanes after the issue of the LAPL (A), of which at least 10 shall be flight instruction completed in a training course at an ATO. This training course shall include at least 4 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 2 hours of solo cross-country flight time with at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM), during which full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made.

Now filling the SRG 1105A I see the Original Qualifying Cross-Country Certificate needs to be attached. Guess what - I don't have one... :-( At the time of my QXC the instructor authorising me for the supervised solo QXC argued that I don't need it as I have my LAPL with me and the certificate is needed only for solo students without a license. Still sounds perfectly logical to me but browsing through the forums some suggest the opposite so not sure atm.

Question: Do you know if CAA mandates the QXC certificate for LAPL-PPL conversions?

Many thanks!

mrmum
17th Jan 2016, 21:06
If you carry out the application process using the CAA online form, then you won't need the QXC certificate (SRG2105).
You will have to go back to the ATO to get the required documents certified, (in your case just the examiner report for the skill test), so you can scan and attach them. They will also need to provide you with a course completion certificate, which certifies that you carried out the QXC, among other requirements.
Easy enough really, just be careful that you get the correct CCC, it has to be the one they specifically created for private licence online applications, not any of ones with an SRG???? number.

BillieBob
19th Jan 2016, 10:20
Certification of the non-existent 'qualifying' cross-country is no longer required by the CAA. However, there are no plans to re-issue the forms that still require its submission and so confusion will no doubt continue to reign.

Whopity
21st Jan 2016, 19:16
I spoke to the CAA several months ago regarding this certificate, I even commented on, and recommended corrections to a draft IN anouncing that the requirement for this certificate has not existed since the introduction of JAR-FCL in 1999, but so far the IN has not been released! I was told it had no priority, give it another 16 years!