PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure if my licence is valid

propellerhead01
14th Jan 2016, 08:49
Hi all,

I have a ME/IR CPL, recently renewed my MEP IR.

however the MEP was on the back of the licence, the examiner signed it up on the front but i was recently pulled up on it in an interview, im assuming i need to fill out a form to get the MEP removed of the back. any idea which form?
the Examiner is away at the moment and i start my TR next month.

Also while taking to a friend about this and comparing licence i have been issued a 'United Kingdom Commercial Pilots Licence' where as my friend has a 'European Union' licence.

My licence was issued at the end of 2014.

has any one a guidance on how to sort this? as the examiner is still away so can discuss this with him directly.

Many thanks
P

Parson
14th Jan 2016, 08:58
First thing is don't confuse licence and ratings.

My understanding is that Examiners cannot bring an expired rating from the back of your licence to the front anymore. You now have to pay a nice man (or woman) at Gatwick to do that.

rightbank
14th Jan 2016, 19:15
i have been issued a 'United Kingdom Commercial Pilots Licence' where as my friend has a 'European Union' licence.

They are different licences. I have both (well the ATPL versions). I was about to say the only requirement to get the other one is to pay money to the CAA, but then I remembered that when I renewed my old JAA licence last year, because I once held an old "lifetime" PPL, they gave me the national one for nothing. Something free from the CAA!!!

Whopity
14th Jan 2016, 20:11
I have a ME/IR CPL, recently renewed my MEP IR. This implies that your rating had expired, in which case you need a course completion certificate before you can take a Profficiency Check, the Examiner should have known that.

As the rating was on the back of the licence, that implies that when you had the licence re-issued the rating had expired, only valid ratings are place in Section XII. The Examiner should not sign the licence if the rating is not in Section XII

i have been issued a 'United Kingdom Commercial Pilots Licence' where as my friend has a 'European Union' licence. What licence did you have before it was re-issued? If it was a JAR-FCL licence without any restrictions, you should have been issued with a European Union Licence, apart from the words on the first page there is no noticeable difference. If you held a JAA CPL (Restricted) then in accordance with Article 82A it is a UK National Licence. The CAA have made many mistakes whilst re-issuing licences!

has any one a guidance on how to sort this?
SRG 1119D (http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119Denabled.pdf) Course Completion Certificate signed by an ATO recommending you for test so that you can take a Prof Check to renew an expired rating. SRG1119C (http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119Cenabled.pdf)to request renewal of the expired rating. SRG1157 (http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/applicationimages/pdficon_small.gif) Examiners Report for renewal of rating.

Which forms did your examiner send to the CAA, as you are required to sign them you should know?

Camp Freddie
31st Jan 2016, 17:54
Information notice IN 2014-109 allows an examiner to sign a licence if the rating is more than 3 years expired which was not allowed before, but the rating MUST be on the front of the licence, he certainly can't bring it from the back.
And course completion certificate is required etc.