PDA

View Full Version : EASA INSTRUMENT FLYING SURVEY

BEagle
13th Jan 2016, 18:09
As part of rulemaking task RMT.0677 concerning the Basic Instrument Rating, EASA has launched a simple online survey which AOPA (UK) strongly recommends all those interested in instrument flying should complete.

The link to the survey is: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/IRRatingforGA2015 .

In order that EASA receives clear information concerning the level of interest in the current UK IR(R) / IMCR, following discussions with the CAA, AOPA (UK) recommends that pilots who either hold an IR(R) / IMCR or are training for the rating should answer the survey questions as follows:

Pilots who hold an IR(R) / IMCR:

Question 2 - answer 'YES'
Question 2a - leave blank
Question 2b - answer 'National IR' with the relevant date option
Questions 5 and 6 refer to IR and EIR instructors / examiners, so IR(R) / IMCR instructors / examiners should answer 'NO' (unless, of course, they also hold IR instructor or examiner privileges) as that will then enable them to answer supplementary questions 5a and 6a.
Under 'Any other comments', enter as applicable:

My replies to Question 2 refer to the UK Instrument Rating (Restricted).
(If applicable) I also hold instructor and examiner privileges for the UK IR(R).
(If applicable) Provided that the requirements are proportionate, I fully intend to upgrade to the Basic IR as outlined in the RMT.0677 Concept Paper.
(If applicable) I intend to upgrade to the CB IR using credit for the IR(R).

Pilots who are under training for the IR(R) / IMCR:

Question 3 - answer 'YES'
Question 3a - leave blank
Under 'Any other comments', enter as applicable:

I am currently under training for the UK Instrument Rating (Restricted)
(If applicable) Provided that the requirements are proportionate, I fully intend to upgrade to the Basic IR as outlined in the RMT.0677 Concept Paper.
(If applicable) I intend to upgrade to the CB IR using credit for the IR(R).

The link to the RMT.0677 Concept Paper is: http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/ToR%20%28%2B%20Concept%20Paper%29%20RMT.0677%20Issue%202.pdf

tmmorris
13th Jan 2016, 21:47
Done, thanks for the heads up.

mrmum
13th Jan 2016, 22:44
Indeed, me too.

Dark Helmet
14th Jan 2016, 07:14
Done. Thanks.

BEagle
15th Jan 2016, 09:25
Just a reminder that replies to the survey need to be submitted before 1st March.