PDA

View Full Version : JQ Denpasar cancellation`

Eastwest Loco
12th Jan 2016, 13:56
Hi folks

Any clues why JQ43/44 13 JAN MEL DPS MEL was canned Tuesday evening?

The notice that was emailed through sited engineering reasons.

Very last minute and caused a good bit of running around I didn't need but I must admit that the lady I got in the MNL (or wherever) call centre was extremely efficient and processed a full refund to card on the spot as I had re-accommodated the lady on the later Garuda flight.

Best all EWL

The Banjo
12th Jan 2016, 18:42
EWL,

Actually, the real reason is that the Indonesian government has imposed new quota restrictions on the live export of bogans to Indonesia for the 2016 calender year. Barnaby Joyce is onto it and has called an emergency party meeting at the Broadie Pub to discuss the escalating situation. With the retirement of the F1-11 fleet in 2009 the government response is expected to be somewhat muted......

Or just maaaaybeeee.....it was an engineering issue......

Ngineer
12th Jan 2016, 22:02
And how do they figure out these "quota restirctions" and subsequent limitations so early into the new year??

My money is on engineering issues.

Eastwest Loco
13th Jan 2016, 00:38
Well Banjo, that makes sense.

Maybe they could reopen the airport at Buqa for RPT ex Australia.

Bouganville seems like the perfect destination.

EWL

Pinky the pilot
13th Jan 2016, 00:49
Bouganville seems like the perfect destination.

Sorry EWL, but I have to disagree there!:=:D I wouldn't wish any Aussie Bogan on the people of Bougainville. In my taim bilong PNG, some of the best PNG Nationals I met were from that place.

Especially the 'Buka Meris!':D:E

13th Jan 2016, 02:41
EWL ....I too, have to disagree .....lets not give those great people of Bougainville more issues to deal with!

I enjoyed working there in the long distant past and found the majority of people to be great!

tail wheel
13th Jan 2016, 02:45
Especially the 'Buka Meris!'

Pinky, you're disgusting!! :yuk:

:}

In another century and another time I too worked on Bougainville. A beautiful place indeed!

Pinky the pilot
13th Jan 2016, 06:13
Pinky, you're disgusting!!

I know!:O:E

troppo
13th Jan 2016, 12:33
Buka meris...kind of like eating a black Doris plum

ratpoison
13th Jan 2016, 23:11
as I had re-accommodated the lady on the later Garuda flight.
Now that takes a lot of guts and one smart way of trying to get rid of the Mrs. :D:p

Metro man
13th Jan 2016, 23:29
2 Kina meris, or has the price gone up ?:E

AEROMEDIC
14th Jan 2016, 01:01
Actually, the real reason is that the Indonesian government has imposed new quota restrictions on the live export of bogans to Indonesia for the 2016 calender year. Barnaby Joyce is onto it and has called an emergency party meeting at the Broadie Pub to discuss the escalating situation. With the retirement of the F1-11 fleet in 2009 the government response is expected to be somewhat muted......

They COULD load up the live exports with US Dollars to spray around.
On second thought, the cash might get "spirited" away by some official.

Eastwest Loco
14th Jan 2016, 12:22
OK Pinky and understood. The Bogan plague ruined many fine restaurants in Noosa when East West, Ansett and Qantas pulled out and fine dining passengers became members in the lineup at the fish and chip shop.

Maybe mystery flights are the go. Nobody knows the destination is Syria.

Best all

EWL

Eastwest Loco
17th Jan 2016, 09:42
A little harsh ratpoison.

We aren't in the DC10 or A300-600 with the South American engineer on board trying to fix everything with wire and silastic.

They are a quality show these days and much loved by my clients.

I would fly with them tomorrow but will not fly in any class with a LCC. Too many years in Legacy carrier seats, back offices, belly lockers and front counters to have anything to do with a know nothing front counter and remote control.

Best regards

EWL

Madame Bandit
19th Jan 2016, 12:01
They are a quality show these days
Yeah, real top quality.......flying over routes covered with volcanic ash when your legacy carriers and LCC's would'nt touch the joint.

Yes sireee, real quality stuff.:D:D:rolleyes:

Eastwest Loco
19th Jan 2016, 13:54
And Cathay and Singapore are crap too are they Madame?

Really.

The concerns for JQ and VA would have been the coosts involved with nearest clear airport and the level of data input they wished to receive.

EWL

Madame Bandit
20th Jan 2016, 07:00
And Cathay and Singapore are crap too are they Madame?
Well, sounds as though they might be if you're suggesting they continued to operate over areas covered with ash.

The orange cancer cancel flights on a daily if not an hourly basis due engineering, lack of crew due horrendous sick leave etc etc etc. :ugh::ugh: This is well known in the Oz industry.

Anyway, time for another thread closure me thinks. Some just seem to grip the handle bars just a little toooooo tight these days!

Ciao sweetie :p