PDA

View Full Version : conversion

sssrule
10th Jan 2016, 16:43
After converting an Indian CPL to New Zealand CPL, is the CPL valid in BOTH the countries? can I apply for a commercial airline job in India as well as New Zealand BOTH ???
or how does this thing goes for other countries ??

Cheers

ExSp33db1rd
12th Jan 2016, 01:57
Presumably you didn't actually "convert" an Indian CPL, but used it to meet the requirements of a NZ CPL, so the Indian CPL is still valid in India, subject of course to other requirements, like medical, recency requirements I/Rtg. etc.being within the parameters required by the Indian regulations with regard to recency and renewal demands, you will have too keep those up to keep your Indian licence useable.

When I applied for my NZ PPL ( I had retired and only needed PPL privileges and had no intention of renewing my I/Rtg anyway ) I offered my UK ATPL as evidence of my experience, and I was asked if it was valid and current ? It was valid, i.e. the 10 year validity had not expired, but I wasn't current, i.e. I hadn't used it to fly UK aircraft for some years prior, so I was told to go back to UK and bring everything up to date.

Had I done that, even showing a fully valid UK ATPL didn't exempt me from having to fly a NZ PPL Flight test, but I found a NZ instructor still with a UK qualification, and asked the NZ CAA if she could count the one flight for both administrations, i.e. use the flight to validate my UK licence, and also count as the initial flight test for a NZ PPL ? Forget it they said, just fly the NZ PPL test, after which they gave me a NZ PPL.

Things changed and I subsequently went back to the UK and worked for 6 months, at which time I renewed my UK ATPL and I/Rtg, and when I got back to NZ I presented this to the CAA and demanded a NZ ATPL. No, they said, we don't recognise a UK I/Rtg. so you don't meet the ATPL requirements - this despite flying UK registered aircraft IFR around New Zealand in an early life ! - so they gave me a CPL stamped VFR only, but this met my requirements at the time, so I dropped further argument.

The Law is an Ass.