PDA

View Full Version : Renew of SEP UK CAA

aerocomp
7th Jan 2016, 07:40
I need to renew my SEP this year, I have recently changed to UK certificate so I am a bit lost which documents I need and due to I will do my renewal in Sweden must the examinator/instructor be approved by UK CAA?

Mach Jump
7th Jan 2016, 21:30
I will do my renewal in Sweden must the examinator/instructor be approved by UK CAA?

The short answer is, Yes.

If you are 'Revalidating by Experience', then the Instructor who carries out the required 1 hour of training can be any EASA Instructor qualified to give instruction on SEP.

If you are Revalidating/Renewing by Test, the Examiner must be authorised to conduct the Test by the UK CAA.

In either case, the person who carries out the 'Administrative Action' (Signing the Licence, and completing the paperwork) must also be authorised by the UK CAA.

Although it is theoretically possible for non UK Examiners to become authorised to do this, I don't know of any who have yet done so.

It would probably be easier to come to the UK to Revalidate/Renew your SEP, than try to get a non UK Examiner authorised.

MJ:ok:

CTE
8th Jan 2016, 06:51
Greetings,

Revalidation by experience: As Mach Jump wrote, any EASA instructor can carry out the 1-hour flight instruction.

The paperwork must be completed and verified by a UK CAA Examiner.
However the UK CAA approved examiners do exist outside of the UK. I just had my license revalidated in Denmark. Alternatively you can send the forms and licenses to UK CAA who will then sign it for a fee of 88 pounds + shipment.

The form you need to fill out, is SRG1119E. This should be done with the examiner, who will then send it to UK CAA.

I suggest you contact some of the flying schools in the area - there is probably someone around. If not, please PM me and I can guide you to one in Denmark if this is easier.

-CTE

aerocomp
8th Jan 2016, 07:49
Thanks for the reply,

I have 12 hours within 12 months if I can include my 4 hrs Type rating PC in the simulator so then I can revalidate by experience.

If not, can I revalidate by PC instead or is this the same as Revalidate by Test?

I have booked time with an examineer (FE) to do my flight hour.

EDIT: I see that I have wrote "renew" at the topic, but this is wrong, I need to revalidate my SEP which expires in february =)

MikeWhiskey
10th Jan 2016, 13:05
Assuming your examiner is not registered with the UK CAA, I guess he is not allowed to sign anything on your licence. I went through my revalidation some weeks ago and had to send my original logbook (where the training flight has been confirmed by your instructor) and copies of the instructors' EASA-licence and medical (they want to be sure that he is current) together with form 1119 (think it was 1119B) to the CAA. A couple of days (!) later I have received my new licence and my logbook...

aerocomp
11th Jan 2016, 11:34
Thanks for your reply.
Called UK CAA and they said that it enough to send a copy of my signed license and also the FE license together with his medical and also form 1157. I thought it was 1119 that they needed

rightbank
11th Jan 2016, 12:36
I have 12 hours within 12 months if I can include my 4 hrs Type rating PC in the simulator so then I can revalidate by experience

I presume this 4 hours in the sim is on something other than a SEP, otherwise it wouldn't be a type rating so I think only 8 of your 12 hours will count towards your reval.

MikeWhiskey
11th Jan 2016, 19:48
form 1157

Interesting. This is the examiners report, not the application form for revalidating the licence. I was told to send the 1119 (1119B I believe). So, good you have checked directly with the CAA...

mrmum
12th Jan 2016, 20:52
I'd be careful with what the CAA say on the phone. It seems of late that you can get different, conflicting answers to the same question from separate people there. Then you do what you were told, submit as advised, then they reject the application and deny ever telling you what they said to do.
Always get it in writing.
Also, if the OP said 'renew' rather than revalidate when talking to them, then a SRG 1157 would be required.

CTE
13th Jan 2016, 15:54
I second mrmum.

A few weeks ago, after submitting my SRG1119E done with a UK CAA approved examiner, I received an email back stating that basically everything we had submitted was wrong.
They needed payment to update my license, the SRG1157 should be submitted and a lot of other things.

After challenging that statement and telling them that this was a Revalidation By Experience only, the person agreed and told me that his colleague made a mistake. I have in writing that everything is in order, and my privileges are revalidated for the next 24 months.

Therefore, get everything in writing - they are sometimes a bit too fast to conclude things, and your situation below is in direct conflict with what I was told on the phone a few months ago.

-CTE

MikeWhiskey
13th Jan 2016, 20:27
Obviously one needs to precisely know what / how to ask.

I have received my new licence (revalidation by experience) after submitting the form 1119B, my original logbook (where the training flight was confirmed) and copies of the instructors' licence and medical.

The training flight was done with a German instructor who is not authorized to sign anything on the licence as he is not registered with the CAA, which is why I needed to provide copies of his licence & medical...

S-Works
14th Jan 2016, 08:42
Drop me a PM I can help.