PDA

View Full Version : Converting CASA B2 to EASA B2?

d020775
7th Jan 2016, 07:00
Hi all

Would anybody know the procedure for converting a CASA B2 license to obtain a EASA B2 license?

many thanks

Dave

Geezer7348
7th Jan 2016, 11:01
Dave,

EASA do not have any reciprocal agreements which would entitle you to any exemptions/reductions from the knowledge levels.

You would need to undertake Modules 1-10, 13 & 14 to satisfy the knowledge requirements.

d020775
10th Jan 2016, 19:02
Cheers Geezer,

I had read somewhere before that Air Leg was one to be done but everything else seemed to be vague and varied depending where you looked. the modules 13 & 14, would they be complete modules? why would IMA be different between agencies?

cheers again

Dave

lowfat
6th Feb 2016, 16:11
neither ease or casa recognise each other at the moment... I believe that may change in time but basically you would have to do all the modules they probably would consider you a skilled worker and recognise your experience.
Your pretty much at the bottom again.

ukv1145
8th Feb 2016, 17:37
CASA do recognise EASA, I converted my EASA B1, B2 and C with all type ratings to a CASA Part 66 last year, all I had to do was the Air Leg module.
However this was under the old CAR30 route which I believe is now closed, you would now have to be assessed by AA,QAM or equivalent for RPL but should still be credited with all modules (except leg).
Perfectly correct that EASA will not recognise CASA at this time.