PDA

View Full Version : Long expired licence/ratings

mykul10
14th Dec 2015, 09:14
In the good old days, there were different requirements regarding CAA involvement to renew licence and ratings lapsed by more than 5 or more than 1- years?

Does anybody know if this still exists, or is it entirely down to the ATO to assess the licence holder as per FCL.740.A......and then just pay lots of money to CAA for licence issue?

Thanks guys

S-Works
14th Dec 2015, 13:54
It's down to the head of training to decide using the relevant AMC guidance.

Ex Oggie
14th Dec 2015, 14:02
That still applies to the IR(R) aka IMC Rating, as it's a National rating.

Otherwise as Bose says.

Whopity
14th Dec 2015, 17:55
In the good old days, there were different requirements regarding CAA involvement to renew licence and ratings lapsed by more than 5 or more than 1- years?
And more than 10 years, but that all disappeared in 1999. Training as required to pass a Proficiency Check has been the case since then, but since EASA, that training can only be conducted at an ATO/RF even if its 1 day out.

24th Dec 2015, 21:30
training can only be conducted at an ATO/RF even if its 1 day out.

The Easa NPA20 about BTO's also says that if a simple rating (such as SEP or TMG) has been elapsed for less than 3 years, an independent instructor (not even a BTO) may conduct the retraining.

Whopity
24th Dec 2015, 23:01
Surely, any Class rating is "Simple" because its not complex enough to require a "Type" rating!

212man
27th Dec 2015, 16:05
ut since EASA, that training can only be conducted at an ATO/RF even if its 1 day out.

I think that has changed and it is now the 'assessment of training required' that the ATO makes, followed by issuing of a completion certificate, but the actual training can be done by a non-ATO (still using EASA TRI/TREs of course).

Mustapha Cuppa
27th Dec 2015, 16:29
Are you suggesting that FCL.740(b)(1) no longer applies?

212man
27th Dec 2015, 17:22
I agree that it appears unchanged, but it also appears that the CAA may have a more relaxed stance. Sadly on holiday so don't have the e-mail exchanges to hand, but I know of one colleague with a lapsed type rating who has had the assessment done by one organisation and conducted the training and testing at a non-ATO (although the simulator itself is owned (well, in a JV) by the ATO that did the assessment, the TRIE/TREs were nothing to do with the ATO.

BEagle
27th Dec 2015, 21:21
Due to the stupidity of many Member States failing to understand the concept of 'guidance', the UK CAA released Alt MoC1 FCL.740(b)(1) – Validity and renewal of class and type ratings.

See CAP 804 Apr 2015 .pdf page 269/930 et seq.

Hopefully this will all be sorted out once NPA 2014-29 has been agreed...towards the end of 2016, I gather.