PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a G Reg with an FAA licence

Speedbird744
13th Dec 2015, 05:49
After having no luck trying to understand the new EASA changes on this subject, can anyone shed some light over whether a formal validation is required from the CAA for the purpose of this and whether any flying clubs will accept this for hiring out their aircraft?

Many thanks.

WhiskeyPapa
13th Dec 2015, 06:55
I own a G-REG and have only an FAA license. By April 8, 2016 I'll have to have an EASA validation or license. So until then you shouldn't have a problem, at least from the Regulations side. If you show up in person and know how to fly I think you should be able to rent in the UK.

cpumad
13th Dec 2015, 07:38
W P is indeed correct. Took me a while to find this information but this IN might help

IN-2015/028: Need for non-EASA Pilots to Validate Licences for Private Flights in UK Registered Aircraft Deferred (http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?catid=1&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=6704)

BEagle
13th Dec 2015, 07:43
Once the European Commission has got over its Glühwein. turkey and figgy pudding holiday fortnight and crawled back to work, assuming they can remember how to do it, they'll be having an e-mail vote on extending the derogation until Apr 2017....

WhiskeyPapa
13th Dec 2015, 08:43
This is to be hoped for. Do you think extension is likely?

BEagle
13th Dec 2015, 09:39
Da!

>>>>>>>>>>>

Ebbie 2003
13th Dec 2015, 12:19
What will a 'validation' comprise?

Can the FAA be expected to retaliate and end the brilliant piggyback system for EASA licence holders wanting to fly in the US?

Pace
13th Dec 2015, 15:20
This is to be hoped for. Do you think extension is likely?

They do appear to be well advanced in negotiations with the FAA at least as far as PPL stuff and then are supposed to be moving onto commercial license agreements with the FAA.

As it has been deferred every year since 2012 I expect until all is complete that it will be deferred again but who knows fingers crossed.

With all these deferrals that itself causes a problem as pilots do not know where they stand and cannot make provisions for something which may or may not happen.

It would be extremely unfair to all to enact April 2016 not just to pilots involved but to the regulatory authorities who would get a spate of last minute requests

Pace