PDA

View Full Version : TAT Probe Failure 737NG

high flyer 13
8th Dec 2015, 11:01
Hi guys

If the TAT probe becomes faulty on a B737-800 in flight what systems become inop due to this ?

Thanks ;)

B737900er
8th Dec 2015, 11:26
Look at the QRH and MEL.

Merry xmas.

zuz
8th Dec 2015, 11:43
Further to the last rather unhelpful reply,there is no current QRH procedure for TAT failure.Boeing put out a Technical Bulletin in Nov '14.The main points are:The TAT probe houses two Temp sensors elements TAT1 and TAT2.If both sensors are lost system effects may include one or more of the following;
Autopilot disengages and cannot be re-engaged
Flight director indications are removed.
VNAV is not available.
TAT indication blanks.
SAT blanks.
TAS indication displays dashes.
Wind direction and speed displays dashes.
A/T LIM indication.
Loss of N1 limits from the FMC.
Possible errors within FMC trip computations(ETA,Fuel burn etc.)
Possibility of TCAS FAIL indication.
AUTOTILT FAIL flag (Rockwell Collins Multiscan WXR system,AUTO mode only.

Hope this helps,Merry Xmas.

high flyer 13
8th Dec 2015, 12:01
Thanks for the Answer ZUZ very helpful as i was searching the MEL, FCOM, and QRH among other manuals and couldn't really get my head around the exact systems effected.

your answer was great help thanks for taking your time to reply

merry christmas

Jwscud
8th Dec 2015, 17:27
I have had this failure in flight, but not a dual channel failure, only single channel.

The indications are confusing, and there is as discussed no solace in the QRH. Everything will seem normal until rotation, at which point everything described below flags up. Your FDs will disappear as the aircraft clicks into flight mode. LNAV track is still available but no vertical information and you end up having fun testing your raw data skills your company is so keen on killing.

We ended up in a fun hour flying radar patterns to burn fuel before returning to our airport of departure.