PDA

View Full Version : Management Position

CPA777
27th Nov 2015, 12:52
So it looks like an AOA member just took a management position.

If he's trying to be a spy, he's pretty sh*t at it.

geh065
27th Nov 2015, 13:13
So a 777 captain can now fly with a FO who is his manager, junior to him on the seniority list but above him in level of staff? How does that work?

Hellenic aviator
27th Nov 2015, 15:24
I've said it before, I'll say it again; WHY WHY WHY does the AOA allow management pilots to be members of its organisation? :ugh:
It doesn't matter that they are ineligible to vote - management is management.

When I flew with a GC member and I asked this question, the reply given was, "Oh, that's the way it's always been".

Oval3Holer
27th Nov 2015, 15:45
Because that's part of the deal the AOA HAS with management!

cxorcist
27th Nov 2015, 17:21
As usual on industrial matters, Curtain Rod, you've nailed it. Btw, I'm pretty sure new DCP, PH, will be "forced" to violate the training ban in his new position. Yet, he accepted the position in full knowledge of this fact. In my mind, that (plus a shameless attack on one of our own GC members) warrants an expulsion.

PS - Funny/sad to see how the standards have dropped precipitously in the management ranks as well as on the line and in the simulator. Not only do we hire almost exclusively low time pilots, but our new trainers and CP's office managers reflect CX scraping the bottom of the barrel. I remember, not long ago, when these positions were highly competitive and sought after by the most senior and talented amongst us. No longer!!! Well done 9th floor :D I hope we are all prepared to testify to these facts after CX packs one in...

White None
27th Nov 2015, 22:32
Oh and let me guess, they're both Australian

One of the most ridiculous posts this year!

Wrong for a start "Guess"!! and how is that acceptable? Pick on many other specific sections of society and there'd be howls and you'd be booted off.

Pathetic use of anonymity.

WN - (Not an Aussie)

Weary traveller
27th Nov 2015, 22:59
Well I "am" an Aussie and I certainly didn't take offense to it. In fact, I thought it was a reasonable and not entirely surprising assumption. Shame but true.

Just Do It
27th Nov 2015, 23:51
"Oh, and let me guess. They're both Australian?"

I'm Australian and This statement hasn't offended me. In fact my fellow countrymen fail to amaze me anymore!

Someone stated during CC we were going to get the ****e of the ****e apply for training. Well true to form all nations have put forward there best self serving psychopath's.

I'm proud to say anything Australians do, we do well. It's no accident we are in the lead to take gold in both the training and management events....

Michael Hunt
27th Nov 2015, 23:57
Seriously an F/O as deputy chief pilot technical?
Imagine this bloke when he gets four stripes?
Why would you do it? You may as well get the word TOSSER tattooed on your forehead.
CRM facilitators, training FOs, etc. etc. what is the thought process here? Is there some sort of belief that when you upgrade it will be an easier ride? Not at CX.

xpndr777
28th Nov 2015, 00:22
At a meeting at the Mariners club in 1994 when it was announced that Cathay would be introducing B scales.
Someone stood up and said if they paid peanuts they would get monkeys.
I rest my case!!

DropKnee
28th Nov 2015, 00:28
Unfortunately the USAOA is just as ineffective as the other AOA chapters. We are being forced to sign a COS16 with concessions on pay, vacation and sick leave rules. CX pilots must be Swahili for limp dicks.

Right. So, just like G days workers, TA volunteers, etc., how much support do we have for a management ban? Show your "+1" here, then please email the GC this weekend...

If the GC doesn't put forward a rule change for a vote (including the expulsion of management pilots, the most obvious first step) then someone will have to gather 10% support on the AOA forum....Will you do it, with your fellow management members reading and watching? That's why we need the GC to do it.

And we also need the GC to put an end to all the work we keep being forced to do for no credit, when we are legally not even allowed to be working in order to rest from our last ridiculous duty pattern and be ready for the next one - just like the ANO says.

RF and the gang, are you listening? And are the AOAC, AOAE, USAOA and AOAA on board, or will another 1 to 3 years pass by with no changes?

Thank you!

cxorcist
28th Nov 2015, 02:56
Good thing the only other airlines calling Hong Kong home are HKA and HKE. If there was a real competitor, CX would be in a heap of trouble.

The FUB
28th Nov 2015, 03:03
So let me think. The new DCP will be a management checker eventually. Yet said same person failed his TC upgrade/assessment. Amazing.

cxorcist
28th Nov 2015, 03:55
Like I said, scraping the bottom of the barrel. Makes me wonder if they even want good pilots anymore.

PS - At least I don't have to worry about passing upgrades... Or maybe I do if I do too good of a job???

AQIS Boigu
28th Nov 2015, 06:48
As DCP technical will he sit in the star chamber as well?

crwkunt roll
28th Nov 2015, 10:39
Technically, yes.

goathead
28th Nov 2015, 10:50
Hillarious
So I have two new bosses in the fleet office whom I HAVE NO RESPECT for
Mmmmmmm
Thats 4/5 I never want to ever have to speak to in my entire life
Awesome !

BillytheKid
28th Nov 2015, 15:27
There are airlines that employ chief pilots that aren't even pilots, let alone FO's. We should just be happy CX haven't started hiring Flight Qualified Supervisors like UPS.

Oval3Holer
28th Nov 2015, 16:45
DropKnee said:

Unfortunately the USAOA is just as ineffective as the other AOA chapters. We are being forced to sign a COS16 with concessions on pay, vacation and sick leave rules. CX pilots must be Swahili for limp dicks.

No, we're not being forced. USAOA leadership is not recommending NOT signing. Therefore, the limpdicks will sign, and, being the majority, those with stones will be thrown under the bus, again.

HKAOA has produced a limpdick offspring: USAOA

Brown Nose
29th Nov 2015, 03:56
PH is a greasy little **** and has been since he was a new S/O

No surprises, he is exactly where he has been striving for from day one.

Personally, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

PNM
29th Nov 2015, 04:20
"Informant"

noun
a person who informs or gives information; informer
a person who supplies social or cultural data in answer to the questions of an investigator.
Linguistics. a native speaker of a language who supplies utterances and forms for one analyzing or learning the language.

Synonyms
1. source, adviser, tipster.

cpdude
29th Nov 2015, 06:07
Perhaps if the HKAOA were to stop blackmailing the AOAUSA then they could get on with what they need to do. But we all know how the HKAOA is with franchised unions.

Liam Gallagher
29th Nov 2015, 08:29
“HKAOA has produced a limpdick offspring: USAOA”

“Perhaps if the HKAOA were to stop blackmailing the AOAUSA then they could get on with what they need to do. But we all know how the HKAOA is with franchised unions”

You guys don’t even have the guts to be accountable for your own decisions; it must be the HKAOA’s fault that you are spineless. It couldn’t possibly be your own short-comings (fnar fnar).

Don’t worry, HKAOA and AOAE will continue the RP fight, you Americans scurry off and sign a new contract agreeing “Rostering will be in accordance with Company Policy”.

Here’s a suggestion; those who don’t want to accept the new contract, sign it and send it your lawyers. If a predetermined and significant number send the contracts to him, he sends “Dear Leader” a letter asking if she wants y’all to fly her aircraft from 1 Jan 2016?

If most are weakdicks, the lawyer sends the letters to the “Dear Leader” and she opens an expensive bottle of champers on New Years.

I guess it's easier to blame the HKAOA than take control of the your own careers.

PS CPdude,- you would have a lot more credibility if you actually knew the name of the US “franchise”.

PSS Guy Burgess, Donald Maclean, Anthony Blunt, Kim Philby and PH have one thing in common.

Steve the Pirate
29th Nov 2015, 11:41
PSS Guy Burgess, Donald Maclean, Anthony Blunt, Kim Philby and PH have one thing in common.

They all went to Cambridge? :)

STP

broadband circuit
29th Nov 2015, 14:12
So I have two new bosses in the fleet office whom I HAVE NO RESPECT for
Mmmmmmm
Thats 4/5 I never want to ever have to speak to in my entire life
Awesome !

at least you've got 1/5. The airbus has 0/5

cpdude
29th Nov 2015, 15:25
LG,

They will continue to be the AOAUSA in my mind until they sever the purse strings and conditions placed on them by the control freaks in HKG.

and if only you knew!:}

Oval3Holer
29th Nov 2015, 17:38
cpdude, it's not blackmail. It's extortion. Similar, but different.

There are those in the "AOAUSA" who have fallen for the HKAOA's "you can't do it without us and without paying us 80% of your dues for us to do it for you" BS.

To think that HK-based AOA members will risk ANYthing to help their so-called brothers and sisters in the US is naive when the "AOAUSA" is already throwing a group of its OWN members under the bus.

CX was, is and always will be an every-man-for-himself airline. That was proven with the 49ers. Our game of union playing is no different from the security theatre we see at the airports. It appears benevolent on the surface but is rotten at the core.

cpdude
29th Nov 2015, 21:56
CR,

No need, every pilot in CX with over 5 years seniority is well aware of the issues within the HKAOA. It truly is the worst kept secret!:D

Oval3Holer
29th Nov 2015, 22:43
No, CurtainRod, HKAOA has threatened USAOA with "excommunication" if USAOA doesn't agree to pay HKAOA an exorbitant amount for the services it could get elsewhere for a third to a quarter the cost.

Steve the Pirate
30th Nov 2015, 05:02
Is this thread about recent management appointments or AOA politics?

STP

Steve the Pirate
30th Nov 2015, 05:21
I'm not the thread police but when the discussion goes too far off the original topic people not only lose track but lose interest too. You're good at starting threads so why not start one about the internecine battle between the various AOA franchises. As Max Reheat said on an another thread, is it any wonder we are where we are today when our internal division is aired so publicly on an almost daily basis?

STP

asianeagle
30th Nov 2015, 07:29
Yes, can we please get back to slagging off those two dipsticks :}:}

broadband circuit
30th Nov 2015, 07:36
Yes, can we please get back to slagging off those two dipsticks

+1 !!!!!!!!

swh
30th Nov 2015, 07:52
Dipsticks are useful, they provide concrete information.

crwkunt roll
30th Nov 2015, 23:41
It's Drift Awareness month.

asianeagle
1st Dec 2015, 01:58
Dipsticks are useful, they provide concrete information.

They're learning how to 'get back to us' on that one:ok:

Blutack
1st Dec 2015, 12:50
It is the bottom of the barrel. The 'new' DCPT, a junior FO joined in 2008, took a LHR base in 2013 then after getting the position, they kindly cancelled his base and on top of all of this has basically zero experience prior to CX.....BUT when I have a technical problem on the ground I'll be put through to this guy to help me sort it out...NO THANKS.....:ugh:

It really is a race to the bottom

Hellenic aviator
1st Dec 2015, 15:27
Yet most keep solving the company's problems for them, by resolving technical issues that ENG missed, then coordinating and fixing FTL issues that FOP missed, then voluntarily breaking legal maximum duty times by solely accepting responsibility for commander's discretion, all while completing countless duties for free and with no record or credit contrary to FTL/ANO, while continuing to suck up for training and/or management positions...among 50 other things going on that undermine our efforts.

This statement should be at the first page of the AOA's website as well as Fragrant Harbour's; once again, Curtain rod has called it the way the situation TRULY is.

The Green Machine
1st Dec 2015, 22:05
Wow, you regular posters never cease to amaze me. I have known PH for many years, he is very pleasant and well suited for the job. I also flew with the aforementioned F/O recently and after a lengthy discussion discovered that he is very, very tech savvy. So he is ideally suited for the job as tech pilot. Now I am acutely aware there ARE people in this company that our out to undermine the pilot group, but if you seriously think that these two people are a problem (when most in the fleet office do their best to protect us). Then your blind rage is clouding your ability to evaluate the situation properly. TGM

Just Do It
2nd Dec 2015, 00:56
"(when most in the fleet office do their best to protect us)."

"Losers do their best, winners f_ck the prom queen"
Sean Connery

Brown Nose
2nd Dec 2015, 01:24
Green Machine,

" I have known PH for many years, he is very pleasant and well suited for the job."

What rock have you been under?!

This is the same a#$e licking idiot that would come straight out of union meetings and get straight onto the phone to pass all info onto company management! How did you think he got the name 'The Informant"

Spent his G days walking around CX city in a suit kissing any arse that would get him ahead.

A disgrace to the pilot group!

Avinthenews
2nd Dec 2015, 05:51
Didn't BA have an F/O who was Chief Pilot?

Perhaps the fleet office should be crewed by people good the job and deliberately not part of the C&T dept.

You're either one or the other.

asianeagle
2nd Dec 2015, 06:09
Didn't BA have an F/O who was Chief Pilot?

You might be thinking of SAA??

There, they appointed an F/O as DFO!!:eek:

In an airline where you still had to call the Captain, "Captain" it didn't work out to well.
He never made command and ended up in the CAA :}

controlledrest
2nd Dec 2015, 06:36
If you are in management your AOA membership is put on hold. Simple.

betpump5
2nd Dec 2015, 08:52
when most in the fleet office do their best to protect us

I have known PH for many years, he is very pleasant and well suited for the job

TGM I'd love to share some beers with you on a night out. You seem like a right laugh. Ever thought of stand-up comedy when you retire?

joblow
3rd Dec 2015, 05:25
Well obviously green machine is management so we can discount anything he has to offer in future
As to his defense of the individual concerned he may be a very nice guy . He may well be super tech savvy but the fact is that he took a position in defiance of Contract Compliance so in my book he is a scab and always will be

The Green Machine
3rd Dec 2015, 12:00
Joblow,
Completely wrong, not in management, nor in training, just a regular left seat line jockey, AND an AoA member for the last 18 years. But your truly absurb, ill founded and idiotic assumption of my position in the company only re-confirms to me that you really don't understand where the real threat of working for CX is coming from. Brown Nose, if you truly believe that statement you made, then I won't argue against it, but it's contrary to everything I know of the man. Satorum you ask a very valid question. You get a hard hitting no nonsence STC like JTM to do his PCA, he has failed other very senior management captains on checks, and if our DCP is not up to scratch, he will fail him too! It's the way he rolls

SloppyJoe
3rd Dec 2015, 12:45
Brown Nose, if you truly believe that statement you made, then I won't argue against it, but it's contrary to everything I know of the man.

Everything, including being appointed DCP as an FO? How is that possible without brown nosing? Maybe they do just look at prior credentials, I honestly have no idea, but for someone who never engages with people on the 3rd floor how can you become DCP? Honest question. Was he management at a previous airline?