PDA

View Full Version : Documents to be carried

mykul10
15th Nov 2015, 09:59
Ok, I have found some old threads on this one, but can anybody point me towards EASA regulations regarding Documents to be Carried on various types of flight?

RTN11
17th Nov 2015, 00:00
It's in the EASA - Basic regulations - Air Operations CAT.GEN.MPA.180

But it is replicated a bit clearer in the UK ANO on schedule 9.

mykul10
30th Nov 2015, 21:06
Many thanks. I'll follow those leads up.

Having said that, I should have mentioned that I am referring to instructional or private flights, not CAT.

On the subject, can anybody enlighten me in 2 other areas....

Airworthiness (for pilots!)...again relating to SEP/MEP....which documents shold we be looking at.

Aerial work????? No longer exists......Part NCO has been suggested, but has insruction really been designated as non-commercial?
(At least that would explain why FIs feel like a charity:8 !

Whopity
30th Nov 2015, 23:30
Part NCO has been suggested, but has insruction really been designated as non-commercial? It is not Commercial Air Transport so have a look at: NCO.GEN.135 Documents, manuals and information to be carried. That will cover Private and Instructional flights.

Also:FCL.045 Obligation to carry and present documents

(a) A valid licence and a valid medical certificate shall always be carried by the pilot when exercising the privileges of the licence.

(b) The pilot shall also carry a personal identification document containing his/her photo.

(c) A pilot or a student pilot shall without undue delay present his/her flight time record for inspection upon request by an authorised representative of a competent authority.

(d) A student pilot shall carry on all solo cross-country flights evidence of the authorisation required by FCL.020(a).

BillieBob
1st Dec 2015, 13:02
Part NCO has been suggested, but has insruction really been designated as non-commercial?Yes, See the Comment Response Document (CRD) to NPA 2009-02b:
30. As regards the applicable operational requirements for approved training organisations, it is proposed that flying training by ATOs is conducted in accordance with either Part-NCC or Part-NCO, depending on whether the aircraft is complex motor-powered or not and regardless of whether it is a commercial or non-commercial activity (Article 1(2) point 9). This approach should be in conformance with the present situation in Member States where training schools are most of the time required to follow the national general aviation rules.The proposal was later ratified by the EC and was included as Article 5(5) of the amended Regulation 965/2012.

ifitaintboeing
2nd Dec 2015, 07:53
It is not Commercial Air Transport so have a look at: NCO.GEN.135 Documents, manuals and information to be carried. That will cover Private and Instructional flights.

...in the UK from 25th August 2016 in accordance with Information Notice 2013-185 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/InformationNotice2013185.pdf) as the UK has applied the full derogation period for Part-NCO. At the moment ANO Article 150 and Schedule 9 apply to non-CAT flights.

Documents to be carried

150 (1) An aircraft must not fly unless it carries the documents which it is required to carry under the law of the country in which it is registered.

(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), an aircraft registered in the United Kingdom must, when in flight, carry documents in accordance with Schedule 9.

(3) Paragraph (2) does not apply to an EU-OPS aeroplane flying on a commercial air transport flight.

(4) If a flight is intended to begin and end at the same aerodrome and does not include passage over the territory of any country other than the United Kingdom, the documents may be kept at that aerodrome instead of being carried in the aircraft.

ifitaint...

mykul10
26th Sep 2016, 15:32
NCO.GEN.135 (b) (2)
"Remaining within a distance or area determined by the competent authority"

Any news or whispers on this bit yet? Hopefully the whole of the FIR?

RTN11
26th Sep 2016, 21:44
I've not seen anything official, but always took that to be the case.

How anal are people on the bottom line of the CofA?

"this document shall be carried on all flights"

Do people take the original on every local flight they do? The flying schools I've dealt with lately have stuck a permanent copy in each aircraft to cover themselves on this one.

Whopity
27th Sep 2016, 09:30
As its been a requirement for the past 10 years, I assumed all aircraft now had the CofA firmly fixed to the aircraft. Why would you not comply with this?
The requirement was copied from the FAA.
Document requirements are now in Schedule 10 to the ANO (2016)

ifitaintboeing
27th Sep 2016, 17:47
Document requirements are now in Schedule 10 to the ANO (2016)

Document carriage requirements in ANO Schedule 10 are only applicable to non-EASA aircraft. You need to refer to the relevant section of EASA Air Operations for EASA aircraft -- for private flying, instructing, and examining this can be found in Annex VII at NCO.GEN.135.

ifitiaint...

RTN11
28th Sep 2016, 03:56
As its been a requirement for the past 10 years, I assumed all aircraft now had the CofA firmly fixed to the aircraft.

Just wondering what people's experience was of the knowledge of this.

I've tested at three schools now which didn't have the CofA firmly attached to the plane, and when I quizzed the students they had no idea they were required to carry it.

Depends how anal you are on it for a local flight, all students generally say they would take all documents for a land away, and most take them all for the test just to be covered, but when I quiz about local or training flights they often go blank.

md 600 driver
1st Oct 2016, 15:04
[QUOTE]As its been a requirement for the past 10 years, I assumed all aircraft now had the CofA firmly fixed to the aircraft./QUOTE]

i have been in well over 100 different helicopters and quite a few fixed wings and apart from all FAA registered aircraft i have never seen a certificate of airworthiness fixed to an aircraft

i keep my cert of a/w in a folder in the aircraft with insurance ect.

Fixed Cross
3rd Oct 2016, 08:18
Perhaps Whopity can help.

In the past instructing on a PPL required a Class 2 medical (for the PPL). However, since Aug 25th a PPL only requires a medical self-declaration. This would seem to indicate that an FI can instruct on a PPL/self-declaration. Any contrary inputs?

Whopity
3rd Oct 2016, 08:54
I can see nothing to indicate that you can instruct for a PPL on the basis of a Medical Declaration See the CAAs web page. (http://www.caa.co.uk/General-Aviation/Pilot-licences/Medical-requirements/Medical-requirements-for-private-pilots/) If you are instructing for a NPPL on a Microlight or SLMG then it appears you can.
A medical declaration (from 25th August 2016) is an affirmation of your medical 'fitness to fly' and may be used to exercise the privileges of:

A National Private Pilot Licence (NPPL)
A UK Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
A UK Commercial Pilot Licence (Balloons), non-public transport operations only

It is valid for flying with up to three passengers on board and in aircraft up to 5700kgs MTOW. It is only valid for non-EASA aircraft

BEagle
3rd Oct 2016, 09:51
Indeed, Whopity. But the poorly-written CAP1441 table to which the website links doesn't even agree with the website..:uhoh:

The left hand of the CAA says one thing, the right hand disagrees. Clubs are refusing to hire aircraft to pilots without NPPL medical declarations or Part-MED medical certificates - and insurers are, it seems, denying cover to 'self-certificated' pilots...

The whole thing, in my personal view, was an utter waste of time and effort and is now totally confusing and contradictory.

Piloto Maluco
9th Aug 2018, 21:12
The copies can be carried in case of official license stollen ?

what next
10th Aug 2018, 12:09
The copies can be carried in case of official license stollen ?

No. A copy is worth nothing to the authorities, and for a good reason because it could have been "pulled" for some reason (e.g.flying/driving over the alcohol limit).