PDA

View Full Version : Videos related to teaching ground school

Warlock1
13th Nov 2015, 08:08
Hi all
I am trying to find videos that are related to teaching ground school subjects for Aeronautics, Meteorology, Navigation etc for ppl and cpl purposes. Youtube is a good source but it isn't consistent enough. The materials are just pieces of info here and there. Searched the forum but didn't really come up with any.
Does anyone have a good source of learning (visual) for these subjects?
Thanks in advance

ChickenHouse
13th Nov 2015, 15:46
If you want to fly at the screen only later ... I prefer something real archaic, it is called teacher and is the old biological version of these tiny little men in the moving picture boxes. It even answers questions.

Have a look at Langley flight school, they should have some material published.

Maoraigh1
13th Nov 2015, 20:02
I prefer something real archaic, it is called teacher and is the old biological version of these tiny little men in the moving picture boxes.
I think you may be misunderstanding what and why the OP is looking for. These can be a great advantage for the teacher. For Biology, Sumanas is an online source. An aviation site could be made.
I spent 43 years as a secondary school teacher, and, while films, film loop, and videos were usefull, computer graphic animations revolutionised my teaching. Animated gifs as well as videos. The same should be possible for ground school.
Home-made animated gifs in a school experiment: Kids mix Lead nitrate mixed with potassium iodide.
Animated gifs; 1. Pb and NO3 blobs vibrating. 2. K and I blobs vibrating. 3. Pb and NO3 blobs moving around amongst H2O blobs. 4. K and I blobs moving around amongst H2O blobs. 5. the reaction, when mixed PbI blobs settle at bottom, leaving K and NO3 blobs moving amongst H2O blobs.
And a human is there, talking, answering questions, and firing questions.

Warlock1
14th Nov 2015, 09:04
There are tons of written theories here and there but when it comes to visual aids and videos, I really don't think that enough material exists.
I think it took me 20 minutes to find a video that shows the difference between slots, slats and leading edge flaps but it still doesn't do a good comparison.
Thank you both for your replies.
If anybody else can contribute, please share

Gertrude the Wombat
14th Nov 2015, 09:20
An aviation site could be made.
Nobody's stopping you - all it takes is money. What's your business plan?

Maoraigh1
14th Nov 2015, 16:23
I'm not an Aviation Industry person - I'm retired and have no intention of going back to work. (Unless our civilisation collapses.)

andy1977
23rd Nov 2015, 06:24
Hey Maoraigh1,

There are many aviation sites who provide all the details of aviation not any video tutorial kind of things.

I only found the YouTube to have some video tutorials.

DarrenM488
24th Nov 2015, 11:14
I've been in the same situation - it's a nightmare grabbing bits from here there and everywhere.
There is a guy called Jason based in Florida who runs something. Obviously US orientated content but his site MZeroA.com is pretty decent.

As I say you have to pick and choose some of the content as it doesn't apply here in the UK but it's got a decent range of content.

Couple of others I've found useful are:
https://www.youtube.com/user/pilottrainingsystem
https://www.youtube.com/user/rwa2011

kimsmith
27th Nov 2015, 09:51
I also tried to find the video date but it was in vain.