PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater Airpark

Steve Marsh
19th Jun 2002, 16:44
I'd like to hear from anyone that has hired aircraft at the Clearwater Airpark on the westcoast of Florida. I'm hoping to get out there myself sometime this year providing that the responses to this post are favourable.

alphaalpha
19th Jun 2002, 16:57
There was a thread about Clearwater on the forums (I think it was private flying) about two months or so ago. Do a search and you'll find lots of info.

I have based two flying holidays at Clearwater (a few years ago) and thought it was excellent. The only reason I didn't go back was I wanted new horizons.

Regards

Three Wheeler
20th Jun 2002, 16:04
We used Clearwater in March for a trip around the Caribbean. Their communication and booking arrangements before arrival was pretty good. There was a group of us who in total had three planes on hire from them for the period, the other two had nearly new C172's that were excellent, but nearly $100/hr and and they were less flexible over the daily minimums. I had their Archer which came in at about $77/hr, but it has to be said that it was in desperate need of some TLC, although it did have a good engine. The one thing about Clearwater that you may not find so easily elsewhere, is if you are planning to take the aircraft out of the US down into the Caribbean, they seem to have virtually no restrictions on where you can take it.