PDA

View Full Version : More Contract Compliance

Follow the Follow Me
9th Nov 2015, 09:00
Looks like another pilot group will be in Contract Compliance by Christmas.

What a mess. Malice or stupidity by management ? Nobody seems quite sure and the blame game has been played once too often.

OK4Wire
9th Nov 2015, 10:21
Any other decent-sized company (BHP, AA, BA, etc) just knows when to say enough is enough.

These clowns don't. Welcome to the end, boys.

goathead
9th Nov 2015, 10:48
That is brilliant news because they have been there done that and taken away the medal
CC is no big deal it actually makes my life more fulfilling under the current INBRED management
Perhaps second time round they will do an even better job and show the CXAOA lot how it's done

cxorcist
9th Nov 2015, 11:25
Welcome (back) to the fray KA!!! Your efforts will certainly be welcome. Perhaps an alignment of specific goals and timing between DPA and HKAOA would be wise. I don't think that CX/KA is going to get the downturn it was hoping for this Christmas and New Year. Therefore, the group is looking very vulnerable. My apologies, in advance, to the ground staff and passengers who will suffer the consequences of the management's short-sighted penny pinching and lack of true leadership. Maybe they will learn this time around we can all have better careers in the future. Time to join the 21st century Cathay Pacific...

kiwicx
9th Nov 2015, 11:53
What would be the reason for them to be going for CC again?

Eyes only
9th Nov 2015, 12:14
1. Not being able to wear pink epaulets in October.
2. Not getting a new livery.
3. Not getting illy coffee
4. Not getting higher priority on cx aircraft than cx staff for id travel like on KA.

Sergeant Rock
9th Nov 2015, 15:20
Originally Posted by Eyes only View Post
1. Not being able to wear pink epaulets in October.
2. Not getting a new livery.
3. Not getting illy coffee
4. Not getting higher priority on cx aircraft than cx staff for id travel like on KA.

I hadn't intended to post on here again but I'll have to bite.

1. Don't care.
2. Don't care.
3. Don't care (the water tanks are contaminated anyway).
4. Don't care, if it's busy use travel fund to buy a ticket: no stress, no problem.

Capiche?

ACMS
9th Nov 2015, 22:04
1/ don't care
2/ don't care
3/ don't care

4/ to quote that Aussie movie The Castle "tell him he's dreamin"

broadband circuit
10th Nov 2015, 00:50
What's a travel fund????

Weary traveller
10th Nov 2015, 03:09
ACMS. So you've stood back while "every" other KA employee has waltzed into CX town with a CX seniority number commensurate with their start date in KA but your brothers in arms, the KA pilot group, are 'dreamin'? Nice.

Zzzzzzz
10th Nov 2015, 03:42
The reason contract compliance is on the cards stems mainly from the way CX management view and treat us. On Yammer you will see it being referred to as "lied to".

Couple this with awful rostering which is then shredded by Crew Control and you have a workforce that are rapidly running out of enthusiasm.
We too have the continual rejoinder "it's legal" and no apparent attempt to fix the problem. (guess who does our rostering?)

In general over this side of the airfield crews have been doing their level best to keep the wheels on the cart during massive delays and disruption (and for the 320 crews CASL).
This earns us a pat on the head from the CEO but not much else.

As to the exchanges between CX and KA pilots please lets not get dragged into mud slinging. We are all in the same boat (group) and it appears to be sinking.

It is now reaching the stage where folks want to take action as they feel they it's the only way anyone will listen.

Sergeant Rock
10th Nov 2015, 03:57
Rod, no it isn't the same as a no sub FOC. It's cash given to those who have it in their contract here in KA which we can use to buy full fare tickets with. Nothing to do with no sub or FOCs.

Zzzzzzz
10th Nov 2015, 05:12
The reasons that contract compliance is being considered are simple:

The whole thing appears to be triggered by the perception that we have not been told the truth with regards to staff travel.

That has turned into a house of cards:
Our rosters are awful and roster stability non existent.
For a long while we have been pro active in the face of massive delays, an unfriendly operating environment and an ageing fleet. (most of our shiny new aircraft have gone to CX to be replaced by some of the earliest msn aircraft in the world).

There seems to be little or no willingness to address the rostering issue and the usual platitude "it's legal" is trotted out on a regular basis.

All in all it feels as if we are in the same boat as our colleagues at CX.
We are all in this together and its sinking.

ACMS
10th Nov 2015, 06:14
Nope Weary, this promise of Pri25 based on your DOJ was offered during private talks without informing any CX employee, it should not have be offered in the first place and maybe that's why CX haven't given it to you yet.

In fact it is currently in our manuals showing KA assigned Pri26 whilst we have Pri25 and thus on-loaded ahead of any KA employee using DOJ for all, as it should be on our Airline.

Why haven't we complained? We were not told the details at all of what you wanted or the details of staff already transferred across and getting it.

Only the KA staff that were transferred across to CX get Pri25. Anyone still wearing a KA ID card and working for KA gets Pri26 as per the Boarding Priority table published.

These staff that came across do now work for CX and I guess must get continuity of service. You still work for KA, sorry but that's the way it is now.

Until they join up the two Airlines and make you wear a CX ID card, CX uniform and fly CX painted Aircraft on CX services you ain't a CX employee. Then the fun really will begin....:eek: a whole new can of worms....

We'll still give you J1 if you ask for it and will go out of our way to help where possible, as we all should.

So yes you can have original DOJ but on Pri26.

Done and dusted.

KABOY
10th Nov 2015, 07:08
These staff that came across do now work for CX and I guess must get continuity of service.

Before you shoot from the hip, what about the employees of VETA?

I dont believe them to be CX employees, more employees of a CX business. Not too different to KA really.........

ACMS
10th Nov 2015, 07:29
Now you're grasping at straws mate.

They were originally selected for interviews in HK, selected and then employed BY CX DIRECTLY off the street. Not only that they work under an agreed PBA as Cx employees.

They wear CX uniforms, have CX ID cards, fly CX painted Aircraft under the CX AOC and report to their respective CX Chief Pilot etc.

Until you do that then.........

Before we bought you guys what were your chances of survival? Please enlighten me as to you balance sheet situation before WE bought YOU.....I'd love to know how you were traveling..

ACMS
10th Nov 2015, 07:45
So tell me, how would you feel if KA bought HX ( founded in 2006 ) and gave all the HX employees staff travel on the same priority as KA staff AND based on their original HX DOJ?

I don't think you'd be too chirpy either knowing quite a few KA staff suddenly came behind HX staff getting on their own KA flight.....

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally supporting your right to get full staff travel benefits and jump seats on CX flights.

Gnadenburg
10th Nov 2015, 08:09
I'd be happy. Most wouldn't be affected or are much better off with access to HX's expanding network.

ACMS
10th Nov 2015, 08:13
I'm not effected by KA guys getting staff travel ahead of me either as I hardly ever use staff travel.

But that's not the point and you know it..:D

Gnadenburg
10th Nov 2015, 08:52
The principle goes either way. Few would be affected when you look at the demographics and dates of growth.

There is a lot of grey in the whole scenario and I expect the swagger over your way to be manipulated toward a policy of divide and conquer between the two associations.

main_dog
10th Nov 2015, 08:56
Before we bought you guys what were your chances of survival? Please enlighten me as to you balance sheet situation before WE bought YOU.....I'd love to know how you were traveling..

ACMS, did you shell out any money for KA? I know I sure didn't. "We" didn't buy KA, our employer did, and they did it neither for our welfare nor for that of KA pilots.

While we pilots squabble for crumbs like pigeons on St. Mark's square (Pri 25 vs Pri 26?), our managers simply smile.

Let's not do their divide and conquer work for them; as far as I'm concerned we're all ex-something, but in the HERE and NOW we are all pretty much in the same boat.

Eyes only
10th Nov 2015, 09:14
Many cabin crew have gone KA CX vv, none retained DOJ.

All the KA freighter pilots that came across joined the bottom of seniority list as FOs, like the ASL and OASIS pilots.

They are sitting around 2/3 down the seniority list. None are eligible for a CX pax command, most too junior to even hold a pax FO base. A number of KA captains would not have the seniority to even hold a JFO position in CX.

If you want to extend the KA concept out further, there would be another 4000 pilots within Air China and Air Hong Kong.

Dan Winterland
10th Nov 2015, 09:40
The offer of Pri25 for both pilot groups on both airlines came from CX without being asked for. It was confidently announced in Jan 2014 with a start date of Jan 2015 and at first, it seemed a good thing. It was about the same time as KA took over PEN and My guess it was a CX manager's knee jerk reaction when it looked like KA was going to take over more of the local destinations where many CX pilots like to live and who would now be lower on the priority to make commuting a viable lifestyle option.

However, when the details were made known, it was realised that there were a few devils in the details and it wasn't such a good deal after all. Since then, it's all gone quiet and CX seem not to want to discuss it as they realise it will open a large can of worms. Having had it offered and then taken away has annoyed some KA pilots. In the meantime, one benefit for CX management is that the CX and KA guys are even more divided and consequently easier to conquer.

Dan Winterland
10th Nov 2015, 09:49
Before we bought you guys what were your chances of survival?

Very good. KA is a very strong brand and was making money in quite a difficult period. CX must have thought the same which is why they paid about twice the market valuation for KA.

White None
10th Nov 2015, 11:15
They were Hedging - "Doh!!"

Stone Temple Pilot
10th Nov 2015, 11:34
Nope Weary, this promise of Pri25 based on your DOJ was offered during private talks without informing any CX employee, it should not have be offered in the first place and maybe that's why CX haven't given it to you yet.

In fact it is currently in our manuals showing KA assigned Pri26 whilst we have Pri25 and thus on-loaded ahead of any KA employee using DOJ for all, as it should be on our Airline.

Why haven't we complained? We were not told the details at all of what you wanted or the details of staff already transferred across and getting it.

Only the KA staff that were transferred across to CX get Pri25. Anyone still wearing a KA ID card and working for KA gets Pri26 as per the Boarding Priority table published.

These staff that came across do now work for CX and I guess must get continuity of service. You still work for KA, sorry but that's the way it is now.

Until they join up the two Airlines and make you wear a CX ID card, CX uniform and fly CX painted Aircraft on CX services you ain't a CX employee. Then the fun really will begin....:eek: a whole new can of worms....

We'll still give you J1 if you ask for it and will go out of our way to help where possible, as we all should.

So yes you can have original DOJ but on Pri26.

Done and dusted.

ACMS - Do you need to wear a CX Uniform and fly CX painted aircraft to have the privilege of a priority 25?
How would you feel if a 6 month senior office clerk working in KA house (CX employee with a KA ID card mind you), measuring your uniform, printing your CFPs, typing in your ASR, looking into your HPS receipts, delivering the post to your mailbox or calling you out on standby would jump ahead of you in the staff travel queue bypassing the 15 year seniority that you've accrued contributing to CATHAY!!!! (at least for the last 9 years)?

Could be interesting crunching the numbers for the KA contribution in the group...carrying roughly 40% of the pax I believe...the weekly updates seeing the CX figures dragging down the surplus that KA brings on...but at the same time being regarded as second class employees when it comes to staff travel, aircraft deliveries and loosing airframes (new A330s or old jumbos) when it suits "the family" while accepting wetleases and our routes being flown by CX aircraft on a daily basis...

Enough said...I still see a lot of dust gathering on your arguments! It's still dirty as f#*k if you ask me - let's clean this up TOGETHER and stop this supertanker of a boat going down!

Lowkoon
10th Nov 2015, 12:32
10 years ago at Ka, everyone joined on B scale, we got experienced applicants with plenty of jet time, they needed it. time to upgrade was pretty quick. "You are part of the group now, we need to offer them C scale, no more experienced FOs for you, that's the way we do things now here."

We had half a dozen 400 freighters on order, and a few had already arrived. "You are part of the group now, we need to shut the freight arm, but you are welcome to come and join the bottom of our list! Thats the way we do things here."

We had slots into SYD, "We need to give those back to the pot, the opposition might pick them up, but we would prefer that to a group airline making money on it. Thats the way we do things here, you are part of the group now."

"Those heavy weight 330's they have to go to us, you are part of the group, you can have our light weight prototype airframes as a replacement, for the good of the group of course!"

That simulator centre you have, we need to close that. Thats the way we do things here, you are part of the group now. Oh and that ground school? That has to go, you are part of the group now."

Those silly airbus procedures you do? Why would you do that? Airbus doesnt know how to fly, it only knows how to make aircraft. You need to stop doing that, we will send Captain Geoff and Richard to come over and show you all how it is done, this is the way we do things here, you are part of the group now."

Jepps? No, we have nav tech, much cheaper, you will save a fortune, thats the way we do things here, you are part of the group now."

Training support? We will decommission your training assets, you can come and book an IPT at 2-3am, thats the way we do things here, you are part of the group now."

New interiors? We want a seemless product! We want the customers to have no idea if they are on a CX or KA aircraft was the brief we were sold. As long as your interiors remain inferior. Thats the way we do things here, you are part of the group now."

"Haeco engineering support? no, we will give you CASL! The oldest most poorly maintained airframes in the fleet will be serviced by the most inexperienced engineers, and be flown by the most inexperienced pilots in the group, and they will fly to ports without ANY engineering support at all. That's the way we do things here, you are part of the group now."

"Allowances? Yes, well you can stay in a lower standard of hotel and your allowances should be much less than the CX allowances, its for the good of the group."

Please sir can we have staff travel? it is a zero cost item, and we produce nearly 50% of your profits with less than a third of the airframes?" "Why on earth would we give you that? Its not like you are part of the group!"

CC? We should already be in it, after all, we are part of the group are we not?

Max Reheat
10th Nov 2015, 13:28
This is so typical of Fragrant Harbour...

A great opportunity exists (or is about to) for us all to come together and fight a common cause but instead you are all at each other's throats!

Is it a surprise to anyone that we find ourselves in the current malaise? :ugh:

Yonosoy Marinero
10th Nov 2015, 14:03
Is a surprise to anyone that we find ourselves in the current malaise?

Amen.

We have a disastrous rostering system that induces chronic fatigue and unstable lifestyle for all. And that was before the company unilaterally enforced 3-man to Europe.

We are 2 years away from losing housing altogether.

We have never had a salary increase that would match inflation, much less exceed it.

We are dealing with an unaccountable employer that would rather sabotage its own business than spending a dime to try and improve life for the employees it keeps screwing.

Our training keeps being reduced despite a recent damning accusations by most of our senior trainers regarding the state of the training dept and the level of experience in cockpits.

And that's before even mentioning the all-out attrition war being carried out on our CoS.

But sure. Let's bicker about who gets priority 25 and who gets 26 because it sure makes a F#CK TON of difference when all flights are full anyway since, and that's the saddest (or funniest) part, this company is making a crap load of money while tightening our collective belt.

:D

Weary traveller
10th Nov 2015, 18:36
Touché YM. Full aircraft relegates staff travel far from a viable option on most occasions irrespective of your priority, I agree. I know most KA colleagues would welcome the opportunity for us to all pull together. I'm certainly all for it and I don't see the discussion on this thread as 'being at one another's throats'. I guess the main 'annoyance' that's been stirred up in relation to staff travel priority is more the principle that the rest of our staff have simply been provided with a CX badge and 'upgraded' to 25 and we were told to expect same. As mentioned earlier by someone else, we didn't ask for it either. It was simply stated to be an imminent improvement. Who knows. Maybe there never was any intention of following through with it. Just another method of driving a wedge between the 2 pilot groups? Well, I'm not going to allow it to sour my relationship with my CX mates even if it doesn't eventuate. Hope the feeling is reciprocated.

Yonosoy Marinero
11th Nov 2015, 00:17
Maybe there never was any intention of following through with it.

Where have I heard that before?...

At least we can all take solace in the certainty that our common employer is equally serious about making life miserable for pilots in both its airlines.

kiwicx
11th Nov 2015, 01:36
Going back to the original thread, is staff travel really what KA is going into CC for?

CCA
11th Nov 2015, 05:15
You reneg on a deal with KA pilots they go into CC, simple.

CX pilots should be the same.

anotherbusdriver
11th Nov 2015, 07:00
Anyone remember the promise of 25 year housing?

And if we are going to have equal travel. I would be very happy to do so. BUT, we really should look at equal pay and benefits for CX and KA, ie put us all on the same package and make it a fair playing field.

KA get paid for full duty in their HDP... not just flight time. This is one of the reasons KA do not have to endure split duty flights.

KA have a lot of benefits that we over in CX could negotiate for, in return for giving them PRI 25 travel. Surely that would be a win for everyone??!!

giggerty
11th Nov 2015, 10:36
True enough AnotherBD.

However I believe some of the benefits KA now receive were negotiated away by CX pilots many years ago. I could be wrong but I believe the travel fund and the compulsory 13 month bonus went back in the 90s. That is why CX pilots get a substantially higher basic monthly pay compared to KA drivers. Those items were abolished at CX in exchange for a higher basic wage where as KA pilots retained them. The travel fund used to be a pain in the butt as you had to submit receipts for everything. I can see why CX pilots got rid of it. However it changed to a cash payment for us several years ago to cut down on all the admin. We get a cash payment once a year based on your home domicile, you get a higher monthly wage.

While we are on a bit of history. Just for the benefit of ACMS. Swire bought a 25% stake in KA not long after its inception. They converted this to full ownership in 2006. Prior to the 2006 KA was doing well with plans for 100 aircraft by 2015 and international long haul. Sydney was supposed to be the first destination IN 2005. The CX purchase put an end to those plans and the KA fleet was reduced by 30% with aircraft either being taken by CX or sold. Commands ground to a halt for 5 years. HKA stepped into the void and started their long haul. I'm not sure if CX rescued KA as more tamed a potential rival, plus gained a massive amount of goodwill and on carriage from China travellers. ( made sense really)

To correct some other misconceptions ( eyes only). The KA freighter captains who came over to CX came in as captains. Bottom of the seniority yes, but captains non the less. Our old GMO who was the main reason for our last bout of CC is still a LHR based Captain with CX now. They also kept their DOJ with KA as the basis for their staff travel seniority.

There are many issues that KA have been stone walling. A workable RPA, proper medical and a liveable housing allowance for the standard contract to name a few. The staff travel debacle is the tipping point. Plus the last below inflation pay rises were sugar coated with the promise of improved staff travel.

The question for the KA pilots is. What's our response if we have been strung along for 2 years on a promise and then kicked in the teeth? I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be.

ACMS
11th Nov 2015, 11:53
Some very amusing posts from you guys.

Keep it up while I get some more popcorn.

Face up to it, you ain't getting Pri25 on DOJ and that you can take to the bank.

IMHO. :ok:

giggerty
11th Nov 2015, 12:24
Not so much amusing. Just information.

Thanks. I wish you well too

Eyes only
11th Nov 2015, 14:48
Meanwhile CX crew get Y class with no upgrade on KA because they are viewed by the airline as seperate airlines, however KA get J on CX.

Jn14:6
11th Nov 2015, 14:57
Wasn't that changed along with our 'upgraded' coffee?

Don Quixote
12th Nov 2015, 00:34
By ACMS post 16

Why would personnel or management "inform any CX employee" of a change that they may make to another groups benefits. ? Is that something CX normally go out of their way to do ? or do they just do it ?

And another one from ACMS

Face up to it, you ain't getting Pri25 on DOJ and that you can take to the bank.

IMHO.

I love watching the stamping of feet and assured table thumping by ACMS and then the little "IMHO" at the end ...

Not quite sure are you ?

Don Quixote
12th Nov 2015, 00:38
Eyes Only

Meanwhile CX crew get Y class with no upgrade on KA because they are viewed by the airline as seperate airlines, however KA get J on CX.

CX employees get J on KA.

CX-HOR
12th Nov 2015, 02:38
Sadly there are many more like ACMS in the AOA, focussing on the extraneous, or not concerned if there is nothing in it directly for them, whilst simultaneously glibly accepting verbal assurances of things like 25 year housing, and even then not having all the facts right.

CX do get Pri 25 J class on KA, but sometimes without even entertainment why would you use it?

I would have thought co-ordination between all the Unions, FAU included on common issues would have been to everyone's best interests, but as many AOA members have intimated, they believe the AOA should talk to no-one not even the press for a comment after the Trainers letter was published.

Unbelievable!

Itchydog
12th Nov 2015, 02:46
No! CX only get Pri 26 on KA :*

Flying Clog
12th Nov 2015, 03:00
Jaysus Christ ladies, who gives a ****e!

I use KA id90 6-8 times a month and being pri26 vs pri25 makes fvck all difference. Who cares.

Let's focus on the bigger issues shall we, oh I don't know, like RPs and Housing perhaps?

:}

Babbalito
12th Nov 2015, 03:49
All Capts across the group - Pri 25 + DoJ
All RHS pilots across the group - Pri 26 + DoJ
Cabin Crew Priority commensurate with rank and DoJ but after pilots
Ground Staff last

I believe other large airlines operate this kind of scheme

Standing by for abuse!

ACMS
12th Nov 2015, 04:28
Curtain Rod----thank you, finally someone on here gets it.

Being bumped by a guy that either couldn't, wouldn't, or didn't want to get into Cx on my own Airline ain't happening full bloody stop.

There are many colleagues that rely on commuting that will quite possibly get bumped by a KA person getting a higher priority.

Make all the Bs excuses you like but....

NO.

Don Quixote
12th Nov 2015, 05:58
By ACMS

There are many colleagues that rely on commuting that will quite possibly get bumped by a KA person getting a higher priority.

ACMS

You obviously haven't read what has been written here very carefully so I will spell it out for you LOUDLY and clearly.

YOU ARE PROBABLY ALREADY BEING BUMPED BY KA STAFF MEMBERS, JUST NOT PILOTS AND CABIN CREW. They work in Personnel, Despatch, Crew Control, Rostering etc. What's more, ITS BEEN GOING ON SINCE CX PURCHASED KA ... GET IT ?

All KA staff were transferred to CX (except Airbus Pilots and Cabin Crew) when KA was purchased and took their DOJ with them. The Freighter Guys who went to CX took their DOJ with them.

So how do you feel about that ACMS ?

Don Quixote
12th Nov 2015, 07:01
Its been said before but i'll say it again, as some don't read very well. :ugh:

If a new staff member were to join KA today in Rostering, Despatch, Personnel or any other department except PILOT or CABIN CREW, they will get priority 25 on CX.

So why the discrimination against Pilots and Cabin Crew ?

Anyone care to explain ?

Babbalito
12th Nov 2015, 08:08
Dan Buster

The CX FOs would have a senior DoJ so would have nothing to be concerned about.

ACMS
12th Nov 2015, 08:30
They should all get it but only back as far as 2006, the day we BOUGHT YOU.
On that day the ASL should have been one list.

So a person that has a KA DOJ of 1990 would only get 2006 for staff travel etc.

CX have never explained to any new CX employee that joined since 2006 that this would be the case. ( they come behind all KA that were employed at the purchase date )

It's happened to me in another life and my Airline also didn't explain. After a year I lost 250+ numbers to the other Airline we bought simply because I joined AFTER the purchase date.

So 2 choices for you I think:-

1/ Pri 25 with a seniority DOJ no earlier than 2006
2/ Pri 26 with your original DOJ in KA.

Make your choice.

Big Picture
12th Nov 2015, 09:05
How many weeks annual leave does a KA pilot get? Just asking on the basis that we are now one group?

jimsmitty01
12th Nov 2015, 09:39
Wow... How about spare a thought for the poor guys and gals who have joined in the last couple of years...?Staff travel is the least of their worries.

How about being paid about 30-50% less for doing the same job? Could be a start?

How about never being able to afford a place of their own to live...? Being forced to share, rent or live with their parents well into their Mid 30s.

How about not being able to afford to bring the family to HK, or even to start one.. (How sad is that?)

But no... You guys just keep talking about pri25 and 26. That's ok.

Don Quixote
12th Nov 2015, 11:07
ACMS

Finally a post from you that I can agree with, I for one have never really expected or felt entitled to Priority 25 DOJ, 2006 Date of Purchase YES. But of course the management of the time knew better.

Now after 9 years it looks like a classic case of, "Divide and Conquer" between the two Pilot groups. That however would be giving the management of the time way too much credit. The issues were way over their collective heads ... and we are now two or three generations of management further on and they either don't want to fix the issue or just don't care. Leave it for the next generation of management.

Big Picture

We get the pretty much the same leave as you do 42 days or so. We can take 40 of those days and divide it into 10 lots making 4 Leave days to which we can add 3 days which then makes a weeks leave.
Thats why it appears that we have 10 weeks leave.

It is very similar to the old system which allowed us to add 4 G days to 7 days of leave. This was similar to what I believe is permitted in the CX system. (whether you get the extra G days is another matter. In fact I understand you have enough trouble just getting leave)

Surprisingly the main benefactor of the KA Leave System is actually the company as it allows ample time for forward planning and flexibility.

Unfortunately for you guys at CX, this Leave System was designed by KA and thus, despite the flexibility and forward planning advantages, CX could never be seen to lowering itself or submitting to the fact that maybe KA have something good to offer. So despite the fact it works and works well, your management are actually hell bent on trying to take it away from us, never mind adopting it for you guys. :ugh:

Zzzzzzz
12th Nov 2015, 11:43
It's about being lied to.

PPRuNe Towers
12th Nov 2015, 13:05
I suspect 'The Management' is laughing too hard to add to this thread.

Rob

ACMS
12th Nov 2015, 19:10
I suspect Pprune towers doesn't commute and require staff travel priorities to get to work?

Maybe if you did you'd understand how important this is. Especially since our Airline runs high load factors and its quite hard to get on at the best of times. To name one destination we have a lot of commuters to and from Australia and so do KA. This will directly disadvantage a lot of CX crew if KA get original DOJ pre 2006 on Pri 25.

It's fine to sit on the side poke fun and laugh, but to many Cx staff that have been employees for a long time way before we bought KA in 2006 it's not something we will accept lying down.

Yes there are other what you would consider more important issues as well ( RP's etc ) but to a commuter desperately trying to get home to see his family for 4 days this could be very important change in his COS. It most likely will make the difference between getting on the flight or watching it fly away along with your minimal days at home...

This is yet another classic example of divide and conquer I'm afraid and the management stooge probably is laughing on the sidelines until he too gets bumped by a more senior KA staff, then he won't be laughing so much watching the flight depart from the standby counter.

ACMS
12th Nov 2015, 19:17
Don--I think we are on the same page.

What do I think about those KA staff that transferred to CX in 2006?
Well I did answer that before on page 1 post #16 by saying it's probably fair enough as they are now employees of CX wearing Cx uniform, Cx ID etc. they should get continuity of service for DOJ.

The current staff working for KA are not CX employees YET, if they decide to merge the two Airlines into one under one AOC and you all come across fully then yes you then should get original DOJ. I don't think that will happen and if it does it won't be pretty....

Arfur Dent
13th Nov 2015, 03:17
Perhaps 'Moderators' should just 'moderate'.
Perhaps "ROB" is "Management" after all.

Freehills
13th Nov 2015, 05:06
If a new staff member were to join KA today in Rostering, Despatch, Personnel or any other department except PILOT or CABIN CREW, they will get priority 25 on CX.

So why the discrimination against Pilots and Cabin Crew ?

Anyone care to explain ?

- My understanding is they don't. They join Cathay, but work at KA. It's only the cabin crew & pilots who are KA employees.

Hugo Peroni the IV
13th Nov 2015, 06:06
And thats the way it'll stay as KA pilots won't want to become CX pilots as they have too much to lose! How much is entry level housing in KA?

Progress Wanchai
13th Nov 2015, 13:57
Interesting discussion but the DPA and the AOA are simply interested spectators.

The FAU has a major issue that a few hundred KA office staff were given priority 25 on Cx based on KA DOJ.
But they've an even bigger issue that a few thousand cabin crew may get the same benefit. It's not just the travel. The FAU were concerned random DOJ Cx would be used in future promotions, basings, etc. And the concerns do have some merit. How many DOJ's can one individual have to one organisation?

It's fairly safe to assume that not one KA cabin crew or cockpit crew will board an aircraft before an FAU member. Swire are bullies. They don't fight the fights that are too hard.
The DPA is an easy fight.

Eyes only
13th Nov 2015, 14:11
CX employees get J on KA.

Don referring to travel in uniform. CX crew get booked in economy by the company whilst travelling on company business as they do not consider KA as being part of the same airline.

Gnadenburg
13th Nov 2015, 23:43
The FAU has a major issue that a few hundred KA office staff were given priority 25 on Cx based on KA DOJ.
But they've an even bigger issue that a few thousand cabin crew may get the same benefit. It's not just the travel. The FAU were concerned random DOJ Cx would be used in future promotions, basings, etc. And the concerns do have some merit. How many DOJ's can one individual have to one organisation?

I think you guys are making stuff up as you go along.

KA's regional expansion over the CX network with more likely to come was a suspected trigger for this universal Corporate scheme.

Like ACMS, you can go with the wind on principles and feign a concern for commuters, but if the situation considered practically and with regards to demographics, CX staff are the biggest winners.

Only expat pilot commuting has been considered not surprisingly. But what of regional commuting which seems to be dominated by CX cabin crew? I'd expect a growing demand from cockpit crew too, as the cost of living inflation continues to hum along at higher than reported levels for professional expats without housing.

Nothing surprises me here and my expectations met so I am not as furious as some. Broken promises, foolish hand shake deals and a race to the bottom aided by the swagger of legacy pilots. That's all expected. What does shake the confidence is a needless and mismanaged drive to industrial action over something that I don't think was asked for.

Zzzzzzz
14th Nov 2015, 04:19
The KA situation is about mismanaged expectations on top of a really tough year(s) where crews kept the show on the road.
Sadly every area that CX has been involved in with regards to KA appears to involve frustratingly inept judgement. The usual reaction from the crews is a roll of the eyes and "here we go again".
It is approaching a tipping point.

Hugo Peroni the IV
19th Nov 2015, 08:07
whats the value of the KA travel fund per annum?

Flying Clog
19th Nov 2015, 10:48
10-15,000 USD give or take :D

Flying Clog
20th Nov 2015, 02:48
Correction - over 18,000 USD per year depending on your 'domicile' (galapagos islands anyone?)

I would gladly ditch my useless FOCs for that thank you very much :}

Captn_Kirk
20th Nov 2015, 07:20
Contract compliance and training ban hurting.

And yet, they do nothing about it (still no RPs and no improvement in HKPA).

It seems they embrace lose/lose situations.

superfrozo
20th Nov 2015, 09:23
And don't forget the Illy coffee. Thank god (or HC, same thing really) for that Illy coffee - it really does make working for CX so wonderful. :hmm:

CYRILJGROOVE
20th Nov 2015, 10:55
Xx new joiners. Xx commands. Have a good weekend while the airline implodes. Out of her depth Bring back Richard

Captain Dart
20th Nov 2015, 18:06
Don't worry, Ivan the Invisible is on to it.