PDA

View Full Version : Like to PM a EGGP controller re drone in CTR.

magpienja
7th Nov 2015, 18:07
Hi if any EGGP controllers are reading this could you PM please...its re drone use in the zone.

Gonzo
7th Nov 2015, 20:50
If it's about you wanting to operate one, I suggest you contact EGGP ATC through more official channels.

magpienja
7th Nov 2015, 21:21
No its about unauthorised use.

TCAS FAN
8th Nov 2015, 08:04
ATC permission to operate in Class D airspace is only necessary if the drone has a weight more than 7 KG or more, ANO Article 166 (4) refers.

If you believe that the drone endangered another aircraft or the safety of persons on the ground report it to the police.

magpienja
8th Nov 2015, 08:17
I see...I was under the impression it was a complete no no...many thanks.

TCAS FAN
9th Nov 2015, 07:16
YouSaidBolt

As I mentioned

"If you believe that the drone endangered another aircraft or the safety of persons on the ground report it to the police."

Operating at 500 FT on a 1 mile final, irrespective of whether or not in a CTR, could constitute "endangering the safety of an aircraft" and thereby a contravention of ANO Article 137, which is a criminal offence. Therefore report it to the Police who will pursue the issue with the CAA.

magpienja
9th Nov 2015, 17:37
Sounds like its all going to end in tears in the not to distant future.

zonoma
9th Nov 2015, 20:02
TCAS FAN, I'm with YouSaidBolt here, your post is misleading. It sounds like you are assuming that every drone pilot is aware of exactly where they are in relation to CAS and final approach tracks, and would be able to determine themselves if flying in their area is safe or not. I think you needed to elaborate on your post giving far more detail of the rules and that contact with the relevant ATC is advisable to ensure safety to all.......