PDA

View Full Version : Bright greenish flash while in Yangon FIR

casablanca
3rd Nov 2015, 10:00
Last night about 1340 Utc we were flying through Yangon Fir and saw a huge flash, which we originally thought was lightning but very bright and had a greenish tint....heard other ac on guard frequency also asking what that was....for a second thought it was a nuclear explosion, because unlike anything I have seen before...any ideas?

Kulverstukas
3rd Nov 2015, 10:03
Part of space debris? Meteor?

Leftfoot
3rd Nov 2015, 10:10
Could it be this:

LiveLeak.com - Thailand: Meteor or aliens? Huge fireball lights up sky over Bangkok

AtoBsafely
3rd Nov 2015, 10:17
Meteor? Seen over Bangkok

'Fireball meteor' lights up Bangkok skies - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34707721)

Smokie
3rd Nov 2015, 10:28
If it were at sunrise or sunset, then " The Green Flash" normally seen over vast expanses of water/sea/ocean, as the sun rises or sets. However, your timing of 13:40 Z would make this unlikely.

casablanca
3rd Nov 2015, 11:54
The video of the meteor is very similar to what we saw, but at night over the Bay of Bengal it appeared even more bright....first officer thought it was coming from ground but said it was too bright to look directly at.
" AtoB safely"... Thanks for the news clip.

LEVEL600
3rd Nov 2015, 13:10
" Blue Jet" lightning? Not greenish, starting from top of Cb verticaly upwards, usually during thunderstorm activity, very short.

rideforever
4th Nov 2015, 06:59
Major military powers are developing and testing new weapons at the moment. Including pulsed energy weapons, laser weapons, rail guns, hyper-velocity missiles and so on.

All the strange "lights" people have started seeing around the world in recent years ...

dream747
4th Nov 2015, 15:51
I saw the green flash in the distant as well around the said time and we were in Ho Chih Minh FIR. Was wondering what that was too.

TCAS_Alert
4th Nov 2015, 18:50
13:56 UTC according to the timestamp (if it's correct)?

http://i.imgur.com/FsuVvEE.gifv (http://i.imgur.com/FsuVvEE.gifv)

FlyingCroc
4th Nov 2015, 19:00
I saw the green flash in the distant as well around the said time and we were in Ho Chih Minh FIR. Was wondering what that was too.

I saw exactly something like that tonight Nov 4th around 2100 UTC over Indian airspace north of Hyderabad. A huge bright light, maybe greenish, kind like in the video. I thought it was a meteor, the biggest one I ever saw in my life.

Machdiamond
4th Nov 2015, 22:14
The Taurid meteor shower is at its peak now.
They have the reputation to produce pretty nice fireballs.
This year is forecasted to be the best in a decade.

JanetFlight
5th Nov 2015, 02:46
Friend of mine flying over Mongolia also saw a green tone flash towards south/southeast around that same time. One of the brightest he ever saw in his pilots life. Also suspected about some meteor/bolide entrance.

aerobat77
5th Nov 2015, 05:50
Major military powers are developing and testing new weapons at the moment. Including pulsed energy weapons, l@ser weapons, rail guns, hyper-velocity missiles and so on.

All the strange "lights" people have started seeing around the world in recent years ...

you should really really start to watch a little bit less movies . the meteor over bankok is now reported by several sources like others here mentioned.

India Four Two
5th Nov 2015, 18:46
The Taurid meteor shower is at its peak now. I saw the brightest meteor I've ever seen, last night, just after sunset in Calgary. Like the reports here, it was bright green. It lasted for several seconds, before disappearing from view behind a building. I didn't see a trail, probably because it was twilight.

PS This fireball was so spectacular, that I thought I should report it. I found this extremely user-friendly site: http://www.amsmeteors.org/members/imo/report_intro There are also Android and iPhone apps.

chevvron
11th Nov 2015, 03:10
I saw a greenish flash several years ago whilst in the control tower late morning. When I reported it to the British Interplanetary Society, the guy said he'd had 3 other reports for that time and triangulation put it over the Atlantic about 200 miles away. He said it was almost certainly space junk re-entering.