PDA

View Full Version : A320 W&B Operational Limits

Prop Job
30th Oct 2015, 13:06
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the operational limits as drawn on the Load and Trim Sheet? I have looked in all the usual manuals (FCOM, AFM and W&B Manual), but I have only been able to find the certified/design limits.

I am trying to replicate the Load and Trim Sheet on an Excel spreadsheet to use as a gross error check for our manual trim sheets. I can always try and get the information off the actual load sheet manually, but if I can find proper co-ordinates like for the certified limits then my graph will be much more accurate.

Many thanks!

john_tullamarine
30th Oct 2015, 22:16
Can't speak specifically without the trimsheet and manuals.

However, it is usual for the trimsheet designer to develop conservative practical limits from an error analysis of the trimsheet design.

Generating an excel application for the specific trimsheet is straightforward .. just reverse engineer the trimsheet to get the numbers for the spreadsheet. If you are not sure how to do that, provide some scans of the documents and we can give you a hand .. Unless the trimsheet is a dog's breakfast accuracy won't be a problem.

Prop Job
6th Nov 2015, 16:09
Thanks for your input. I found an Airbus document regarding loading and W&B matters that deals with Operational Limits as part of the document, but that is way beyond the scope of what I am trying to achieve.

I'll have to reverse engineer the original loadsheet like you suggested. Shouldn't be too difficult, but won't be 100% accurate either. More than good enough for a gross error check of the manual loadsheet though.

Regards,

Prop Job

john_tullamarine
7th Nov 2015, 07:18
Shouldn't be too difficult, but won't be 100% accurate either

Regarding difficulty, just an exercise in careful work. The number crunching is pretty trivial.

Accuracy should be exact to the limit of your ability to read off chart data .. suggest you scan at a reasonably high res and zoom in to read data points.

Again, this is a standard weight control engineering exercise so, should you find yourself in any difficulty, we can assist as you might require.