PDA

View Full Version : PPL hour building

Aviation dreamer
19th Oct 2015, 14:56
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest any reputable flight schools in Southern Europe (Mainland Spain, Canary Islands, Malta etc) which is good value where i could finish my hours in order to complete my PPL? Have PPL exams etc completed, just need somewhere to finish off my hours,

Thanks.

Gentoo
20th Oct 2015, 20:46
Surely you don't 'hour build' a PPL?

Do you mean a course of lessons leading to a skills test?

Aviation dreamer
21st Oct 2015, 08:39
Sorry i should have been clearer. I just mean that i have completed my medical, English Language Proficiency Test, and exams, so its the practical side of the actual flying itself i need to complete. Due to high costs in Ireland and inconsistent weather, I believe its in my best efforts to complete the lessons themselves in Europe, hence why i was wondering if anyone could suggest reputable schools? thanks

ChickenHouse
21st Oct 2015, 10:15
PPL theory exams passed, written off by your FI for solo, done the x-country training sessions and now talking of the last few hours to build?
Just do it at your home field, cannot be much hours. "Finishing off hours" usually is something like less 5 hours missing.

If you are talking PPL theory exams passed, now looking for a place to do the practical training, it is a totally different story.

How many hours and much more important, how many training sessions from practical syllabus are you talk missing?