No, never, not once.
Just another Indian beurocratic thing.

Gulfstreamaviator
20th Oct 2015, 04:06
for Agra........................

GLF

Dave Clarke Fife
20th Oct 2015, 08:54
North to South, East to west overflight and landing from Amritsar to Bangalore and Mumbai to Kolkata.......... never. Ever.

Emma Royds
20th Oct 2015, 11:52
Putting it another way, if there is any problem with any permission that might be required, you will soon hear about it from ATC when you speak to them.

compressor stall
20th Oct 2015, 13:40
Putting it another way, if there is any problem with any permission that might be required, you will soon hear about it from ATC when you speak to them.

300?nm west of India a few years ago, contacting Trivandrum and providing them with ADC number.

T - "Please confirm your aircraft type is 747?"
Us - "Negative A320"
T - "Your clearance is for a 747, clearance not available. Turn right remain outside of Indian airspace...."

AC560
25th Oct 2015, 21:35
300?nm west of India a few years ago, contacting Trivandrum and providing them with ADC number.

T - "Please confirm your aircraft type is 747?"
Us - "Negative A320"
T - "Your clearance is for a 747, clearance not available. Turn right remain outside of Indian airspace...."

To which of course you said, yes we are a 747 :-)

JammedStab
26th Oct 2015, 04:35
Notam says that "non-compliance with ADC procedure as enumerated in E-AIP India may result in activation of air defence procedure". This includes obtaining and ADC number 10 minutes prior to entering Delhi FIR.

Is anybody worried?

vlsrotate
26th Oct 2015, 05:35
Recently flew a ferry flight there. 30 minutes before crossing from Jakarta to Chennai FIR we get a call from Jakarta.

"Uh sir, Chennai requests your **garbled** number."

I had no idea what the hell he was talking about so I just gave him my registration and SELCAL hoping that would do the trick.

No response.

10 minutes before crossing into India.

"Sir, uhhhhh, Chennai needs your **garbled** number or you will be denied entry into Indian airspace."

He was literally just mumbling a string of letters and had no idea what he was asking for. Luckily I had just flown with an Indian Captain a couple of months before and he mentioned something about defense codes and how we never seemed to need them anymore.

We ACARS the sleeping dispatcher,

[NEED DEFENSE CODES TO ENTER ]
[INDIAN AIRSPACE IMMEDIATE ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
*SEND

We also told Jakarta to pick up the telephone and call our dispatch desk because nothing but a loud ring was going to wake the poor bastard.

As a last ditch option we slowed down and planned to turn onto heading 270 which would keep us in Jakarta's airspace for another 15 minutes.

5 minutes to go, we switched to Chennai and started the long process of establishing communications on HF. Finally got a hold of them and told them that we didn't have the codes and that our company was going to ACARS it to us. They mumbled on a bit then proceeded to ignore us. About 45 minutes later, company got back with the codes. Nobody asked us for them again, and we didn't get shot down.

India.

dallas
27th Oct 2015, 12:05
I've heard of an ADC number being issued 10-mins before a departure from India, but never for an overflight - I thought it was predominantly for a flight to a military/joint airfield like Goa as a last minute military thumbs up.

We also ran into the aircraft type issue too, which is just Indians being Indians, although they spotted it at flight plan filing stage and sent a rude message so we had time to fix.

compressor stall
27th Oct 2015, 22:04
Ours was definitely for an overflight.

JammedStab
28th Oct 2015, 17:13
Finally got a hold of them and told them that we didn't have the codes and that our company was going to ACARS it to us. They mumbled on a bit then proceeded to ignore us. About 45 minutes later, company got back with the codes. Nobody asked us for them again, and we didn't get shot down.

India.

It is an odd place. More than once I have been unable to contact them on any frequency entering from the east followed by 30 minutes overflight of their airspace before making contact. I have literally flown from Burma into India and back out of the country into Bangladesh without making contact. Although a new frequency has ended that.

And who is that Alpha Control anyways. Is it Pakistan military or Indian?

Willit Run
28th Oct 2015, 20:43
AFAIK,

ALPHA control is paki military. 119.7