PDA

View Full Version : COO gone!

bia botal
18th Oct 2015, 16:51
Heard a juicy rumour today that our COO and AS had a bit off a barny and that one of them has been given the boot and it's not AS, anyone else hear this? :ok:

White Knight
18th Oct 2015, 17:02
Please expand! Who is COO?

kipper the dog
18th Oct 2015, 17:09
I think the COO is AAR, WK. Enough acronyms?

falconeasydriver
18th Oct 2015, 17:13
No honour amongst thieves? In-fighting amongst the team? Is the bloodletting about to commence?

kipper the dog
18th Oct 2015, 17:26
Would be nice if it was true but I thought the COO was "untouchable". Also AS is out of here soon so he is unlikely to rock the boat - not that he ever has done, all he seems to do is send us emails once in a while inviting us to some lecture.

But then who knows what goes on in that toxic place

halas
18th Oct 2015, 17:34
Emails from TCAS are so usually so now disjointed before FCN approval that they almost match teeth he will enforce. :}

halas

White Knight
18th Oct 2015, 17:44
Indeed KTD. Always good to be ITK IUKWIM...

Kapitanleutnant
19th Oct 2015, 01:47
There is NO WAY AS won a battle with AAR.... Wasta is a powerful thing in the ME and AS has a lot less of it than AAR.

Pointer
19th Oct 2015, 02:28
AAR would never be fired, Promoted out of the way.. and AS sees dark clouds on his goodbye party.. so is protecting no.1… that would be AS.

A new wind is starting to blow.. lets hope the bouncy castle drops the arrogance for once.. and start working again towards the goal of a great airline this could be..

no overnight miracles expected, don't want to give any impression the Pilots were right.. do we now?? :E

So lets hope some other Government entity has inherited AAR.. god help them.. :uhoh:

Pointer :zzz:

glofish
19th Oct 2015, 02:31
Too many glitches point straight and unmistakably to AAR. As teflon coated as he might be, he must go. Almost all the powers in the looney tune house realise that by now.

AS would not have the power to do so, but, as he is on his way out (:ok:), he might be a very handy sacrifice to the teflon coaters, as to protect the real executioner.

I am not a big believer in things getting better with new faces in this incestuous place, but in the case of AAR the saying that it only can come better has a lot of truth.

springbok449
19th Oct 2015, 06:46
He's not as untouchable as people make out...

yardman
19th Oct 2015, 07:33
As far as I know the COO is TA and not AAR, who is an EVP. As always I stand to be corrected.

SOPS
19th Oct 2015, 07:48
That's not what it says on the web site, yardman.
Leadership | Our Company | The Emirates Group (http://www.theemiratesgroup.com/english/our-company/leadership/leadership.aspx)

yardman
19th Oct 2015, 15:57
Stood corrected:ok:

Kapitanleutnant
19th Oct 2015, 16:44
Lol...

I recall saying in my exit interview to the person something like,.. If the COO left or was replaced, I would consider staying".

K

ExDubai
19th Oct 2015, 20:04
I recall saying in my exit interview to the person something like,.. If the COO left or was replaced, I would consider staying
What was the reaction/answer ? ;)

flaphandlemover
20th Oct 2015, 08:56
Any update?
Is it confirmed or just a rumour?

notapilot15
20th Oct 2015, 16:41
Emirates Group announced transformation plan, per Gulf News

Emirates Group said a seasoned senior executive will head the Enterprise Change Management team but did not say who had been appointed to the role. The executive will be given a mandate and resources and funding to implement the changes across the Group.
“The goal is to transform Emirates and Dnata into the leading customer-centric, technology-enabled travel experience enterprises,” the statement said.
The transformation will cover all parts of the business, from airline ticket booking to back-office functions. There will be “functional change” across the Group, Emirates airline President Tim Clark stated.
Emirates Group is considering using big data, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, crowd sourcing and collaboration as part of the transformation, Clark said.

falconeasydriver
21st Oct 2015, 11:50
Gawd the silence is deafening :} are there a lot out there holding their breath with everything crossed including their eyes?

TangoUniform
21st Oct 2015, 21:51
I see the future....HAH as COO, JA taking the place of TCAS, and MM, in JA's place. Bank on it. That's what one individual that has Wasta told me. Written in stone. Done deal. Oh and he mentioned the 30% pay raise to be announced next week to coincide with the anniversary. :ok:

delorean79
22nd Oct 2015, 00:02
30 Dirhams! Not 30%. 30 Dirhams a year, so 2,5 per month.

I'm still waiting for the 20% and 20 weeks...

kingpost
22nd Oct 2015, 05:04
My money is in JA taking over TCAS' position, HAH moves into JA's current position!

In the short term it will be for the better!