PDA

View Full Version : FLYING DIRECT UK TO ABBEVILLE

fcornell
15th Oct 2015, 10:54
Can anyone advise if still ok with 4 hours notice to customs, and can one use the customs form as per calais /le touquet websites.
Anyone flown there very recently?

chevvron
15th Oct 2015, 12:02
Customs outbound not required but advisable, no fixed time limit.
Customs inbound is min 4 hours notice.
Use a standard GAR form and it covers both legs.

fcornell
15th Oct 2015, 12:03
Chevvron--many thanks

chevvron
15th Oct 2015, 12:09
Sorry may have mislead you there. If Abbeville doesn't have customs the rules may be different; I was quoting for the UK side of things.

Jan Olieslagers
15th Oct 2015, 12:51
From the official info, the so-called "Carte VAC", date 17 Sept. 2015. Why they do mention a fax number but not an e-mail address, in the 21st century, don't ask me!

Douanes, Police / Customs, Police : HJ PN 4 HR à l'agent AE2AB /
FAX douanes / customs : 03 22 20 31 97.

Don't be daunted by the term "agent" : apparently AE2AB is the name of the company (setup by the municipality, I should think) to operate the aerodrome.

Exploitant d’aérodrome / AD operator : Association d'Exploitation de l'Aérodrome d'Abbeville-Buigny
(AE2AB). Sur / AD: agent AE2AB 0700-1000 ; 1200-1600 TEL : 09
75 41 00 91 - FAX : 03 22 24 44 69.

Baikonour
15th Oct 2015, 14:10
Don't be daunted by the term "agent" : apparently AE2AB is the name of the company (setup by the municipality, I should think) to operate the aerodrome.
Indeed. I think that the best translation of the word 'agent' in this sentence is 'operator' as in 'employee' or 'representative of'.
Also (the French love replacing a repeated letter in an acronym by a number and the letter...) AE2AB is shorthand for AEAAB which really just means Association d'Exploitation de l'Aérodrome d'Abbeville-Buigny.
France is littered with "Associations under the law of 1901" which are all voluntary/benevolent and typically set up for socially beneficial projects like this one. More details e.g. here (http://paris.angloinfo.com/information/working/starting-a-business/non-profit-associations/)

Hence, "Agent AE2AB" should really be read as "the ops office at the AD" ;)

B.

Jan Olieslagers
15th Oct 2015, 15:12
Hehe, I guessed so, it is nice to have a confirmation.
There's no end to learning!

ChickenHouse
15th Oct 2015, 15:20
From the official info, the so-called "Carte VAC", date 17 Sept. 2015. Why they do mention a fax number but not an e-mail address, in the 21st century, don't ask me!
That is a simple one. Due to the nature of transmission, a fax does deserve the attribute "document" and is "written form", while an email does not.

mikehallam
15th Oct 2015, 15:39
This e-mail address worked for me last month for Abbeville. They do require a min 4 hrs notice, best do it the day before I imagine.
I then flew direct back to my UK strip. But other years the opposite direction worked fine too

[email protected]

mike hallam

patowalker
16th Oct 2015, 03:28
That email is correct, but it is the personal address of the man in charge. He told me to email his office at [email protected].

fcornell
16th Oct 2015, 08:04
Thanks all-just to clarify--ref e--mail --is it douane in singular or plural--thanks.

patowalker
16th Oct 2015, 13:02
Sorry, it is singular.

[email protected]

fcornell
16th Oct 2015, 14:24
Pato many thanks

ChampChump
17th Oct 2015, 11:49
The e-mail system works. We were met by the customs guy last month, who was in mufti and was almost mistaken for a gallic spotter. He wanted to see only passports & aircraft registration docs and that was that. All very friendly.
The OH met his colleague a few days later; offering to fill in the form and take some for future reference, he was told that 'that's my job!' - the impression was it's a good excuse to get out of the office.

The most recent visits weren't met at all. It was a Sunday, though :ok: