PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan EGNX flyby today prevented by ATC

ALTSEL
10th Oct 2015, 19:57
As one of hundreds of people who today waited to view the Vulcan fly over East Midlands Airport (for the very last time) I for one would like to know if the the reports that local ATC unit prevented this happening are true?

Perhaps the SATCO might like to elaborate?

Thank you

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
10th Oct 2015, 20:08
The only reason that ATC could do that would be for traffic reasons. Otherwise it would be the airport authority.

Sir George Cayley
10th Oct 2015, 20:39
Don't matter which is to blame.

They have no soul.

SGC

chevvron
11th Oct 2015, 07:18
As one of hundreds of people who today waited to view the Vulcan fly over East Midlands Airport (for the very last time) I for one would like to know if the the reports that local ATC unit prevented this happening are true?

Perhaps the SATCO might like to elaborate?

Thank you
Report says 'due to air traffic' not 'due to air traffic control'.
I'm sure the controllers at East Mid would be only too delighted to allow it to flypast.

Gonzo
11th Oct 2015, 07:52
I believe the following was posted on East Mids' Facebook page...

We appreciate a number of people came out to the airport and surrounding area today in the hope of seeing the Vulcan flyover the area.

Unfortunately, due to safety reasons involving another aircraft we were unable to permit the Vulcan to take its planned route at the time scheduled, resulting in the Vulcan passing further away from its intended route.

We take the safety of our passengers, customers, local residents and staff extremely seriously and this was an instance when our team had to make a decision based on safety.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused but hope you understand our reasons for the decision.

Mr Angry from Purley
11th Oct 2015, 08:10
From what I saw the Vulcan was steaming in from the South West and there was still a light (twin?) on short finals. The Vulcan swept north and off she went Someone said ATC had offered a turn but Crew highlighted fuel.
There was a Jet 2 733 held at departure for some time so it wasn't outbound traffic. I'd have been a little p1$$ed if I was Jet2 having to spend best part of 25 mins fuel but as for my own disappointment - life is too short. :\

kcockayne
11th Oct 2015, 10:27
But, you're supposed to be "Mr. Angry" !

HeartyMeatballs
11th Oct 2015, 11:55
There's chatter on Twitter saying that it's going to make another go at EGNX today.

Mr Angry from Purley
11th Oct 2015, 12:02
1550-1620LT I'm hearing and kcockayne yes sorry I wasn't showing the true Angry was I!!