PDA

View Full Version : Invoice for German Frequency Allocation

kestrel539
9th Oct 2015, 11:12
Little bit of confusion going on here.
Back in May 2011 I imported a motor glider from Germany, and kept it on the German register until Oct ( ARC time), then xfered to UK reg.

I have now received an invoice from the Bundesnetzagentur for 45 euro, for a frequency allocation in 2011, and, I think, I will get this every year for the next 3 years.

Difficult to work out, as the invoice is in German, and they are unable, or unwilling to provide an invoice in English.

E mails are proving very unhelpful as well.

Threats of legal action if I dont pay, etc etc.

Anyone else been in the same position?

Cheers

jollyrog
9th Oct 2015, 15:05
Are you planning to take your motor glider to Germany again?

They can threaten you with all the legal action they like, but it wil be impossible to enforce. If the machine is on the G register now, they don't have that stick to beat you with either.

I'd just ignore them.

Above The Clouds
9th Oct 2015, 15:51
+1 ^ they have no juristiction as it is now G reg, just ignore them.

JW411
9th Oct 2015, 16:23
Ve haf ways of making you Squawk!

kestrel539
9th Oct 2015, 17:24
A UK based debt recovery agency may have been mentioned.

Jan Olieslagers
9th Oct 2015, 17:47
If you can make out the Teutonic, you might be interested to follow this:

Frequenzzuteilung / Widerspruchsverfahren - Allgemeines & Aktuelles - Seite 2 - Ultraleicht Forum - ulForum.de (http://www.ulforum.de/ultraleicht/forum/1_allgemeines-und-aktuelles/5354_frequenzzuteilung--widerspruchsverfahren/seite-1.html)

Jan Olieslagers
9th Oct 2015, 17:57
PS I am unsure about the relevance, but I seem to have read somewhere on the www that, as an EEC citizen, one can ignore any prosecution that does not,at least, summarise the issue in one's own local language.

I have such a case pending since driving in a Baltic banana republic that shall (as yet) go nameless. Have received a beautiful collection of very nice but totally kabbalistic legalese since.

kestrel539
10th Oct 2015, 17:29
Thanks Jan, I will see if google translate can make anything of it.

flyingfemme
14th Oct 2015, 12:38
Interesting. I had a couple of bills last week for an aircraft we owned in 2011 that was removed from the German register at the start of 2012.
Nine months after that I had abill for €130 for Frequency Allocation in 2011, which I queried. Eventually I found a gentleman who explained what it was for, told me that the LBA have no obligation to issue any documents in anything other than German and also that they were "entitled" to issue bills for 2011 until the end of 2015.
He didn't say that they could/would issue multiple bills for the same year! I paid that one but I will be querying these two subsequents.
My German is also not good enough to decode the technicalese on these bills....

ChickenHouse
14th Oct 2015, 12:53
There appears to be a lot of discussion on wether these frequency allocation fees are legal or not. Some law suites of citizens against state are underways. Sorry to bother with that strange language, but you find a discussion and further links to the issue under https://www.pilotundflugzeug.de/forum/2015,10,01,20,3304409 . It appears the Teutonics have an increasing problem to obey their own laws given and authorities ignoring jurisdiction at all (just recently heard rumors the german Federal Chancellor may break the law herself by her current refugees politics) ... no good sign for the state of that country.

kestrel539
14th Oct 2015, 17:09
Had an E mail from the club I bought the motor glider from, seems to agree with ChickenHouses post

"sorry for the late answer. We are also astonished. There is something pending between the Bundesnetzagentur and the Deutscher Aeroclub. The are fighting already some years because oft he sense and entitlement of this invoices.
The statutory period ends within 4 years, therefore they were forced to invoice not to lose the claim.

We got the same invoice for all of our gliders (about 700.- Euro) and discuss, If we can lodge a protest or if we have to pay for it.

We have a meeting on Saturday, afterwards I will contact you and let you now, what we do.

The invoice is due to first of december, so we have still time."