PDA

View Full Version : Skydemon User Docs + NATS IAP

piperboy84
21st Sep 2015, 12:55
Do any of you techno smarties out there know if there is a way to import NATS (or other) Instrument Approach Plates into Sky Demon User Docs in the Plates section of the app?

Disclaimer: Yes i know SD is VFR only etc, etc, I am trying to get an electronic copy of the IAP's for reference within SD so i don't have to switch apps while flying and my ipad, though equipped for a cellular sim, does not have one so i can't open a webpage for the IAP in realtime.

soay
21st Sep 2015, 15:09
To get instrument approach plates on the PC version:

Click the Plates tab, next to Flight Details;
Click Filtering;
Check Show Instrument Approach Charts;
Click OK.

ChickenHouse
21st Sep 2015, 15:30
Almost the same on mobile devices - go to Plates Tab, choose Tools, go to Filtering, enable in the IFR section IAC, Arrival, Departure charts ...

BackPacker
21st Sep 2015, 23:10
Agree with the previous posters. The IFR charts are in SD, but you'll need to set the filtering correctly.

To add any other stuff (e.g. checklists), copy them to the mobile device using your favorite app (GoodReader works for me), select the document and say "Open In...". SD will be in the list if the file type is document/pdf, and possibly a few other formats as well.

Those documents will show up in your SD Document Browser as well. Although they're in a separate section, and I don't know if its possible to associate them with an airfield, for instance.

ChickenHouse
22nd Sep 2015, 11:24
Copy the documents you want to the mobile device, either GoodReader, Mail or something else and then use the "open in" > Skydemon is one way to get what you want. Another is using the iTunes sync and put the documents in the Apps related documents.

So far, Skydemon does not support linking the document to a specific airfield, see Personal document linked to an aerodrome (http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16960.aspx) .

AJMortimer
22nd Sep 2015, 12:06
Thanks Guys.

You learn something new everyday!

Works on my iPad Mini: Plates>Tools>Filtering>IFR ...