PDA

View Full Version : aviation reports excel

crew_scheduler
20th Sep 2015, 11:42
hi,

hopefully I've posted this in the right section of PPRuNe.lol

I've been searching the internet for a while. i've couldn't find any forum related to aviation specified for excel users to share analysis ideas and used formulas. is there something like this here or does PPRuNe interested in making a forum like this here?

you will be really surprised the amount of report you can make out of tech logs .
for example , anyone knows how to determine cost per hour of an aircraft through an excel sheet? does anyone have a template?

looking for a forum to help me upgrading my skills with excel report related to aviation industry

thanks

Avtrician
21st Sep 2015, 11:10
I think you will need a bit more than Excel to come up with your figures for analysis. You would need a combination of spreadsheet and database all designed to capture all costs involved.

There are maintenance costs, manpower costs, air services costs, fuel and handling costs. Do you want to capture costs for one aircraft, or the fleet and average the cost out.

To start out a little more simply, try doing an expense capture spreadsheet for your car.

crew_scheduler
22nd Sep 2015, 20:46
thank you for your answer

i believe you are talking about Variable cost and fixed cost to determine the cost per hour of your aircraft and comparing it to market prices. i have that build .

i created yearly report for :
operation
- total hours per month for each crew
- destination
- fuel saving cost

and many other reports. i came up with 50 report almost . but the charts look pretty bad . looking for something to create like LLC from Conklidd & de decker software but excel based.

internet have too many excel forum but none of them related to Aviation needs .

I'm pretty sure somewhere here there are some users here who are well experienced in developing and creating visualized report or infographic which i need help in

any suggestion of any website which can generate these charts ?

thx