PDA

View Full Version : How does Jet or plane operates in AIR

vijahBC
9th Sep 2015, 23:37
Hello Airliners, am student and a Programmer.
I was given a project on how to monitor a flying jets and planes from its depature stations to arrival stations using Java, Objective C and Google Map components. The app will be available in Android and IOS only and I believe I can do it because am crazily good on codings.
This Question am about to ask is for Experts to reply not just everyone to avoid false or misleading contempt.

A case study of plane traveling from USA to India
Here is my question. please I need as many answers as possible one by one.

1.) How does the plane communicates and responds to the depature stations as well as the arrival stationsEg. is it by
phone call, Internet, signal or some kind of sensors. Please explain in details.

2.) As plane flies over land, oceans, desert from USA to India, those it loose its internet connectivity. Eg. can I be able to
facebook, whatsapp, tweets from my phones or from my laptop as the plane flies from USA to India without any internet disruption.

3.) Does the plane has inbuilt internet system like an uninterrupted CyberCafe for internet users onboard.
4.) How does Jet or Plane knows that its getting close to the arrival stations.
5.) More informations are welcome to make my app a scalable one.

Thanks

Intruder
10th Sep 2015, 00:35
This is a REALLY good example of the fact that a programmer must be more than "crazy good at coding" - he must understand the domain in which he is coding (i.e., in this case, airline operations).

1. The airplane communicates with MANY enroute stations as well as departure and arrival stations. Most voice communications over land are on the aircraft VHF band; overwater they are on HF frequencies. While some choices of frequencies are listed on charts, it is not possible to predict every frequency for such a flight. Data communications are done via VHF, HF and satellite.

2. There are already Internet services that provide tracking of flights. You should find them and find out how they do it.

3. Not all airplanes have Internet services for passengers. GoGo Inflight is a popular one when they are installed.

4. The airplane "knows" its distance from stations and waypoints using its internal Flight Management Computer and the flight plan loaded into it.

5. See 2.