PDA

View Full Version : #FreeTheJodel Fly-in -12/09/15

JamesSaucats
7th Sep 2015, 18:56
I would like to invite you all to a fly-in on Saturday 12th September at Lee-On-Solent Airfield (EGHF).

Martin (the pilot of the Jodel) called me a couple of days before he collected it from Plymouth, and asked if he could come along to Lee for a fly-in at the same time as a smaller Franco-English get-together I had hoped to organise. Naturally, I was delighted to help.

I hope that this event will help to erase the disappointment surrounding events at Plymouth over the last couple of weeks, and allow people to show some pilot solidarity.

Important information
The owners of the airfield have agreed a one-third reduction in normal landing fees, but you must provide your name and reg by Thursday in order to take advantage of the offer. Please do so either by sending me a PM or adding your details to this thread.

Program for the weekend

Myself and Martin (and the French pilots) will be arriving on the Friday. I will be booking a table at the Lee Tandoori, Marine Parade, Lee On Solent for 8pm. Please send me a message if you would like to join us for that.

On the Saturday morning we will be going to visit the historic ships in Portsmouth, along with the French pilots. Again, please let me know if you would like to join us.

On the Saturday afternoon, from about 2pm onwards, Lee Flying Association have kindly allowed us to use their barbecue.

Martin and mysef will be providing burgers/crockery etc, but any additional beverages are always welcome. If you are a vegetarian please let us know or bring your own veggie stuff to cook.

Accommodation
Hotels are tricky, because of the Southampton boat show going on at the same time. Booking.com and the like do not really cover the area. A web search for "bed and breakfast lee on solent" is likely to prove more fruitful. If you would like to stay over and can't find anywhere to stay, please give me a ring on 0033 677 636 841 and I will work out a solution. Please don't do as one French pilot did and book a hotel on the Isle of Wight!

Transport
I had planned to rent a minibus for the French pilots to travel to the museum and drive them to their hotels. The price for anyone who would like to use the bus is £50 per crew. The driver (your's truly) accepts payment in beverages.

Airspace
NATS have been in touch regarding airspace restrictions during the boatshow, particularly on Saturday when there will be a temporary restricted area in place, extending west from the Calshot VRP. Please do check charts and don't hesitate to call Solent Radar on 120.225 for a basic service if in doubt.

If you need any futher information, please call or PM me.

Best,
James

Current participants as of 07/09/15:

G-DOGG Bulldog Bourne Park Paul Sengupta
N37US Piper Seneca PA34 Jersey Charles Strasser (AOPA Vice President)
N576CD Cirrus SR22 Arcachon James Emery
G-AZEW Beagle Pup Deanland Ridders
G-BUWK Rans S6 Bradley's Lawn Richard Warriner
G-DENS Binder Smaragd Garston Farm Trevor Wilcock
F-JFCO Pataplumpe Le Touquet Patrice Sednaoui
G-BZXB Vans RV6 Old Buckenham Rob Pritchard
G-DDBD Europa XS Dunsfold Brian Davis (LAA Chairman)
G-AYPO Piper Cub Bodmin Tony Knowles
G-IOSL Vans RV9 Bodmin Steve Leach
G-BWMB Jodel 119 Hinton-in-the-Hedges Colin Hughes
G-CPCD Jodel DR221 Enston David Taylor
G-BHHE Jodel 1050 Headcorn Paul Mathews
G-CDMN Vans RV9 Farthing Corner Gary Smith
G-BAKR Jodel 117 Farthing Corner Rob Brown
G-CGWH SportCruiser Hamilton Farm Peter Spedding
N20TB TB20 Blackbushe Mark Saunders