PDA

View Full Version : IMC Reval

S-Works
7th Sep 2015, 13:05
I have just been asked a question about an IMC reval that I did not know the answer to. Candidate is a commercial pilot doing the annual ME/IR renewal and they normally get the IMC extended at the same point. Only examiner available at the moment is not a UK one. Can they still get the IMC revalidated at the same time?

Whopity
7th Sep 2015, 19:46
A non UK licence holder may not teach for the IMC rating therefore; if not qualified to teach for the rating they would not be qualified to examine the rating.

IN2015-009
5.2 Only examiners who hold licences, ratings and certificates issued by the UK CAA may examine for the IMC Rating/IR(R).

thing
8th Sep 2015, 00:19
On that subject how long before your IMC reval is due can you do it?

Whopity
8th Sep 2015, 07:25
You can do it any any time, but its validity is 25 months (to end of the month) from the date of test.

thing
8th Sep 2015, 09:56
You can do it any any time, but its validity is 25 months (to end of the month) from the date of test.

Thank you.

Captain Stravaigin
8th Sep 2015, 13:51
I think Whopity is right regarding examination. But the CAA will brief other European examiners on how to conduct IMC revals. I did this last year in Spain.

A non UK licence holder may not teach for the IMC rating therefore; if not qualified to teach for the rating they would not be qualified to examine the rating.

IN2015-009

S-Works
8th Sep 2015, 15:21
You are correct. I have just had an answer back from the CAA who said they will authorise the examiner to conduct an IMCr revalidation following a briefing where it is just for the purposes of an IMCr. Where it is a paperwork exercise following an IR test then they can just complete the paperwork.

They will not grant an initial IMC via a non UK Examiner though.

Whopity
8th Sep 2015, 18:11
Classic CAA, print one thing and do another, no wonder nobody has a clue what to do any more. I guess the person who answered the phone had never read their own IN, not surprising as they don't circulate anything to check for errors any more.

S-Works
8th Sep 2015, 18:31
As it turns out I am now doing the revalidation for them so its become a bit of a moot point.

However as Whoppity says I do wonder about the CAA and one hand not communicating with the other. Now of course we have two different answers that contradict each other!!!