PDA

View Full Version : 'Airways NZ' Aptitude Screening

goodonya
30th Aug 2015, 06:10
Hey folks

Has anyone recently gone through the Airways NZ selection process please? I realize their psychometric tests seem very similar to the ones of NATS or Airservices but would be keen to discuss with current and past applicants.

:ok:

Cheers!

RustyNail
2nd Sep 2015, 20:31
Hi Goodonya,

Theres a bunch of stuff regarding the testing in the Airservices thread (many pages worth), in short there are some online practice tests available but if they are a part of the SHL testing program then they are pointless when it comes to controller selection.

Several ANSP's ceased using SHL testing many years ago as it does not accuratley reflect potential controller abilities.

Practice up online and read what other people have said, good luck :ok:

goodonya
4th Sep 2015, 09:11
Thanks for commenting RustyNail, I am not sure if Airways use SHL for their selection process, there are a few test samples on the website but I am hoping someone can confirm if the assessment is similar to AAs?

Went for a tower visit last month but no one there had a clue what to expect nowadays :\

pineappledaz
4th Sep 2015, 21:04
The tests are very similar to the SHL ones. Good luck, great career and Airways are a great company