PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Base a Plane - Dorset/Hampshire Airfields

09GregRoy
22nd Aug 2015, 18:10
Hi,

I'm looking for an Airfield / Private Strip to base a possible Luton Minor purchase.......

I live in Bournemouth but don't mind basing it reasonably local. Can anybody advice of some small strips? Would be much appreciated. :ok:

Thanks

Genghis the Engineer
22nd Aug 2015, 18:46
You clearly need a hangar for that type.

I don't know of anything that far south, but you could try Popham. They've become very amenable to hangar erection in the last couple of years, although I'm not aware of any looking for new owners. It's a nice friendly place to be based - I was there myself for years, and still fly in and out quite regularly.

Contacting the Hampshire Microlight Club might be useful - they have various members scattered across various strips and usually know what's what.

G

trevs99uk
23rd Aug 2015, 08:58
There's a couple of airstrips in that area. Alas no contacts..

Sopley - Sopley Farm about a mile east of Sopley just North of Derritt Lane
not sure if the airstrips still current there use to be a DH Moth based.

Hordle - Batchley Farm. Airstrip located midway between Hordle and
Lymington. Google earth shows a couple of hangars.

Lymington - Airstrip located just south of the village of Portmore.

Sturminster Marshall - Newton Peveril Farm - located west of Sturminster Newton Road. airstrip runs parallel to the road. There's also some hangars located on the other side of the road by the farm. Lockyars Farm strips guide shows the contact for this being a Mr Trenchard 01258-857205

pegasus447
25th Aug 2015, 21:17
Have just read the post and saw our strip at Newton Peveril mentioned as a possibility. Sorry there is no availability at the strip, already have flyers on the waiting list. Also no hangarage at this strip.

Cheers. Roly.