PDA

View Full Version : Leaving X-PONDER to ON when parked.

stickN'rudder007
17th Aug 2015, 07:19
Hello
I would like to know from the ATC point of view what happens when we forget our transponder on , after we park , either by leaving the code we came in with , or by leaving it on with 2000 set. Do you have a suppression function for it to be filtered out of the screen ?
Quite many times on the ground when parked the xponder remains on but the ATC never bothers to tell us anything , so It would seem that when parked somehow we are filtered out

terrain safe
17th Aug 2015, 17:10
Depends. Most airports will filter it out as they can suppress the stands.

Alteburger
18th Aug 2015, 06:38
Last time I asked the question from our ATC guys, setting 2000 allows the aircraft registration to be displayed when the transponder code is no longer attached to a valid flight plan.

orgASMic
19th Aug 2015, 06:29
If it's on and we don't want it on, we will tell you to squawk 'standby'.

If you are no longer in the aircraft and you left it on, it won't matter as you will have switched off the battery master switch.

dagowly
19th Aug 2015, 21:21
It'll probably be too low for the radar most likely. However it simple enough to turn the transponder onto stby as soon as you're off the runway. I think TTT - transponder, taxi light, transmit (to taxi to stand etc).

terrain safe
19th Aug 2015, 22:10
Dagowly As big airports DON'T turn the Xponder off as we have Mode S on the ground and can see you on the SMR all the way to stand. It's called ASMGCS. Too tired to remember what it means though :uhoh:

fujii
20th Aug 2015, 01:27
Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System.