PDA

View Full Version : VFR Aerodromes Ukraine

f0rbidden
13th Aug 2015, 11:35
Hello everyone,

I want to fly from Romania to Ukraine and I need some small aerodromes near the border with Romania. Let's say up to 100 km in Ukraine.
For a better understanding I have uploaded a picture: http://i61.tinypic.com/9rozf6.jpg

I am interested in some aerodrome names and contact details of the administrators. As many aerodromes as possible. It would be great to know all of them, if they exist.

I am not referring to the airports that are in the AIP. I would need only the small ones with grass Runways.

Please guys, I really need your help. I hope I came to the right place.

Cheers,

Andrei

N-Jacko
14th Aug 2015, 10:31
Hi Andrei, and welcome.

If you haven't done so already, you could ask AOPA Ukraine (aopa.ua or aopa.org.ua).

You might also enquire on euroga.org, but most of those guys are upper airspace cruisers, whereas it sounds as if you're looking for advice from "bottom-feeders" like us...

Good luck, and when you have found the info you're looking for, please come back and post it here, with trip reports. Reports including photos of real sunshine would be a source of fascination to those of us in northern Britain... :ok:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZhnJyTCqdRA/VaPCG8cSbBI/AAAAAAAAADs/xL4naJa-GuY/s800-Ic42/20150625_051557.jpg

f0rbidden
14th Aug 2015, 15:17
Thank you very much for your help! I will try and do what you asked, but I don't promise anything. It is stilll only a plan.

I am still waiting for other responses, maybe there is someone who flew over there and knows the area.

f0rbidden
27th Aug 2015, 07:22
Are there no ukrainians on this forum? Or they don't want to answer me?

Guys, do you have any ideas of what to do in order to obtain the needed data? It seems like posting here on this forum, it hasn't had any results until now. Not even one aerodrome.

I have contacted AOPA Ukraine, but I am still waiting for their answer.

Any other suggestions ??

Thanks,

Andrei

watkins121
27th Aug 2015, 10:31
Hello,

I have found the following aerodromes, my knowledge of these places is very little and i dont have any contact details but its a start...

UKLN, UKLI, UKLL

Hope it helps

Pace
27th Aug 2015, 10:59
Forbidden

I have flown into the Ukraine a lot Firstly to Donetsk and then to Kiev when all that airspace was closed down in the east

Ok we are IFR high level Jet so I know little of small airports or grass field s but there are many restrictions and loops to jump with approvals for the flight and there is no way you could go there without first entering through a large airport.

I don't think you can even buy aviation fuel without a trading approval and will have to use someone else who already has that approval

I am not sure having entered via a large airport whether you would then get a clearance to fly to Joe Bloggs grass airfield ?

We rarely see other aircraft in that airspace apart from the odd USA AWACS or one or two airliners

You would be better talking to some of the flight clearance companies like overflight who would give you a better insight as they have detailed knowledge and may give you a friendly chat or free E mail response

Pace

OverRun
27th Aug 2015, 11:03
A nice map at:
Southern Odessa, Ukraine (UKOO) - Aerodromes Map (http://aerodromes.eu/UKOO/)

PS - what aircraft type?

Jan Olieslagers
27th Aug 2015, 15:11
Andrei,

It is not in the area you indicated but you might be interested in the former agro field at Nalivaykovka (sp?), now home to the aeroclub of the Aeroprakt factory:

http://www.aeroprakt.kiev.ua/pages/show/aeroclub/

Hoping this helps,

PS someone mentioned euroga.org and while it is true there are a lot of high budget high altitude pilots there, there is also a fine chap flying an ultralight in Northern Romania, he might be able to help.

PPSS another possible source of info is http://ourairports.com/countries/UA/#lat=48.467749999999995,lon=30.818750000000023,zoom=5,type=M ap,country=UA but do not count on it being either complete or up to date.

Romeo Tango
27th Aug 2015, 19:06
In 2013 I flew with a group of light aircraft to:
Lviv, Kiev (Zhulyany), Sevastopol/Belbek and some other places, obviously some of those are a bit tricky now.

Avgas is now available in many places.

Expect to spend a lot of time on the ground doing the paperwork.

Pace
28th Aug 2015, 10:01
RT

2013? Was that before the start of the war ? If so its a completely different ball game from your memories of more peaceful times

The Ukrainian revolution of February 2014 (also known as the Euromaidan Revolution or Revolution of Dignity Ukrainian: Революція гідності) took place after a series of violent events involving protesters, riot police and unknown shooters in capital Kiev that resulted in the ousting of the then-President of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych.[21][22][23][24] This was immediately followed by a series of changes in quick succession in Ukraine's sociopolitical system, including the formation of a new interim government, the restoration of the previous constitution, and the call to hold impromptu presidential elections within months.[21]

Since the break up of the Soviet Union, Ukraine had been mired by years of corruption, mismanagement, lack of economic growth, currency devaluation, and an inability to secure funding from public markets.[25] Since 2004 Ukraine sought to establish closer relations with the European Union (EU) and Russia.[26][27] One of these measures was an association agreement with the European Union which would provide Ukraine with funds contingent on reforms.[28] Yanukovych ultimately refused to sign the agreement at the urging of Russia.[29] Thereafter, Yanukovych signed a treaty and multi-billion dollar loan with Russia instead, which sparked civil unrest in Kiev that ultimately led to violent clashes as law enforcement troops cracked down on protesters.[30] As tensions rose, Yanukovych fled the country to Russia and has not returned.

After the 2014 revolution, Russia refused to recognize the new interim government, calling the revolution a "coup d'йtat"[31] and initiated a covert invasion of the Crimean Peninsula in Ukraine.[32][33] The newly appointed interim government of Ukraine signed the EU association agreement and committed to adopting reforms in its judiciary and political system, as well as in its financial and economic policies. The foreign investments came from the International Monetary Fund in the form of loans amounting to more than $18 billion contingent upon Ukraine adopting reforms.[34]

The revolution was followed by pro-Russian unrest in some south-eastern regions,[35][36] a standoff with Russia regarding the annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol,[37][38] and a war between the government and Russia-backed separatists in the Donbass.[39][40][41]

Romeo Tango
28th Aug 2015, 11:03
Yes, before the war.

I would expect Lviv and Kiev (at least) to still be ok .... but I have not checked.

Pace
28th Aug 2015, 13:47
RT

They are OK in the sense that you can go there rather than having massive blocks of airspace as no go areas but I would very much doubt flying into Kiev that you could then trundle off willy nilly VFR to some little airfield somewhere?

i maybe wrong as I only fly Corporate Jets IFR and know the designated and approved routes in are so controlled that I cannot see that level of freedom VFR.

i also know that with Jet A1 even as a private jet you have to have a trading approval which is hard to get.

The only way around that is to operate under someone else's banner and approval and pre buy fuel through them. But maybe its all different in a piper single spam can and avgas? Just watch you don't get popped at :E

Pace

f0rbidden
2nd Sep 2015, 07:24
Dear aviation and forum enthusiasts,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your kind answers and for the support that you have offered. Some of the answers were of great help to me.

Finally, I can say that my problem is solved and I hope that with this post I can help many others who are interested in the same subject as I was.

This is the website that I have found and it is pretty complete regarding the aviation data about the small aerodromes that are not in the AIP:

link (http://maps.aopa.ru/#lon/25.763266/lat/48.385121/z/14/ll/a/bl/gm/p/4445/mode/r)

Used it carefully and good luck!

Clear skies and tailwinds to all of you! :)

Kind regards,

Andrei P.

Sam Rutherford
5th Sep 2015, 11:28
Great stuff!

Please post a trip report here afterwards.

Safe flights, Sam.

Flyingmac
5th Sep 2015, 14:04
Неработающая ссылка

f0rbidden
8th Sep 2015, 10:07
The link is working

????? ?????????? ?????? (http://maps.aopa.ru/#lon/25.763266/lat/48.385121/z/14/ll/a/bl/gm/p/4445/mode/r)

G pavlo
13th Sep 2015, 11:59
Hello Andrew,
According the Ukrainian AIP you should make the first and final stops at international airport and as for me the UKLN will be the cheapest and easiest for you. Also there are some aviation enthusiasts. They are able to help you.
Then you can go anywhere except NOTAM restricted area

Also you can use UKLI, UKLU. Similar prices and traffic.
UKOO you can use if the rate of charges doesn't matter for you.

P.S. If you speak Russian please visit local forums at
www.forum.privat.aero
or Украинский авиационный форум - Главная страница (http://www.ukraviaforum.com)

I'll be glad to help you also

as for me UKLN will be the best for you by distance, traffic and rates

Contact me if you'll need anything else(contacts, airdromes information, flight-planning, etc)

Best regards,
Pavlo