PDA

View Full Version : UAS and Air Cadet hours towards an FI/CRI rating

Mickey Kaye
10th Aug 2015, 15:56
The person in question holds an EASA PPL and has over 300 hours total time. However approximately 260 hours are on the tutor and vigilant of which over 200 are PIC.

The requirements for a PPL holder to start an FI rating are 200 TT of which 150 are PIC on aeroplanes.

Could this experience be used to count towards that?

chevvron
10th Aug 2015, 16:52
Last I heard was no, but rules change and I'm a bit out of currency on this subject.

Mach Jump
10th Aug 2015, 17:43
Hi Mickey.

The last I heard from the CAA was that, as 22 Group RAF, who had been tasked to draw up the UK EASA Military Accreditation Scheme(MAS) forgot to include any mention of the Vigilant, then no time in it could be counted towards any EASA Licence, Rating, or as Differences Training for either Tailwheel, or VP Props.

The Tutor is included in the MAS, so time in that can be counted.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/123523/response/303573/attach/4/20120813%20UK%20Military%20Services%20Credit%20Report%20U.pd f

MJ:ok:

Whopity
10th Aug 2015, 21:04
That report relates to credit for training not experience. The CAA certainly used to regard the Vigilant as a TMG, previously they had allowed it to be counted as SEP but that ceased. Hours flown on it were certainly countable as TMG hours. The requirements for a PPL holder to start an FI rating are 200 TT of which 150 are PIC on aeroplanes. No,The EASA prerequisites for a FI(A) Course are 200hours as PIC of Aeroplanes or TMGs of which 150 are PIC and 30 hours on piston powered aeroplanes of which 5 are within 6 months of the pre-entry flight test.

I can see no logical reason why his experience should not count.

Mach Jump
10th Aug 2015, 22:00
The last email I received from FCL was with regard to the need for 'Differences Training' for Tailwheel, and in it, they insisted that, as the Vigilant was not included in the MAS, no Vigilant flying could be counted for anything.

I can see no logical reason why his experience should not count

Nor can I, but I would get it in writing from them before starting an FI course.

MJ:ok:

Whopity
11th Aug 2015, 07:16
The last few emails I have seen from FCL indicates they no longer have anyone who has a clue what they are talking about. Surely, it is for the ATO to deceide what to credit! As the CAA has accepted revalidations on the basis of the Vigilant, and I have signed quite a few, I fail to see how they can reverse that decision, the only question is which class does it fall into. The Grob 109 on which it is based is a TMG, however the higher weight technically makes it SEP!

BigGrecian
11th Aug 2015, 14:02
I can see no logical reason why his experience should not count.

Completely agree.
The PIC time was in an aeroplane so counts.
I would accept it at our ATO.