PDA

View Full Version : Jodel d112

nick14
30th Jul 2015, 20:44
Anyone ever owned a Jodel D112?

Anything to look out for or any particular price range I should be looking at? I have an offer of a share and seems pretty reasonable, £45/HR wet.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
30th Jul 2015, 21:30
Sold mine 3 years ago for £10K, but for a mint example you can add at least £2k to that. Spares were getting difficult for the A65, and the fabric wasn't great.

Great little aeroplane. I miss it, even though I have a bigger example now

deefer dog
31st Jul 2015, 03:47
Sold mine 30+ years ago......where has all that time gone? Fond memories though of a delightful airplane powered by an almost bullet proof engine, and one that started first swing every day.

Flyingmac
31st Jul 2015, 08:57
Ten to twelve grand is about right for a reasonably tidy one. If you don't know how to asses its condition, I'd advise getting an LAA inspector who's familiar with the type, to look it over. Fabric, airframe etc. A bonus is a 112 that's been fitted with a starter/charging system. Off the shelf Kubota mini-digger components are a popular, bolt-on choice. Though this is not possible with some A65 engines.

If you find a good one, go for it. Sweet handling. A delight to fly and cheap in comparison.

Piper.Classique
31st Jul 2015, 19:21
Club near me is selling one, with a starter and generator. Tatty fabric, but a nice aircraft to fly. They are replacing it with a 90hp Jodel. People are getting heavier....
PM me if you want more info.

deefer dog
3rd Aug 2015, 00:23
Twelve grand!! Shouda kept mine instead of selling it for two and a half!

I was happy at the time, but now I'm gutted!

VictorGolf
3rd Aug 2015, 11:43
£45/hr sounds good but about £32 of that will be fuel so £13 per hour doesn't leave a lot for hangarage, insurance, maintenance, engine and fabric recovering funds. Just saying.

Flyingmac
3rd Aug 2015, 13:27
If it's the one I think it is, there's a £50 monthly too.

Rod1
3rd Aug 2015, 15:58
If it is the one at Leicester then it is a long runing group. I flew the aircraft some years ago and it was good but understand it may have been bent recently?

Rod1

VictorGolf
3rd Aug 2015, 17:25
I was at Leicester last week but I didn't see a bent Jodel. However there was an Emeraude there which had punched the port u/c strut through the wing. Could there be some confusion (and thread drift) with that?

worrab
3rd Aug 2015, 18:22
Light Aircraft, Jodel D112 1/5 Share £3000, Shares & Groups, advert ID=34000 (http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=34000&imid=0) ?

POBJOY
3rd Aug 2015, 22:52
One of the best 'fretwork fighters' you will find. Great performance on its simple engine,and repairable.
Make no mistake this is a 'proper' aircraft that will give a huge amount of fun and
displays excellent handling qualities. Best kept under cover for low maintenance, but its low height and compact size does make it a candidate for a homemade shelter.
One of the best flights i had in a 90 hp version was flying out of an altiport in France and then landing on a glacier at 9000 ft. These machines were the backbone of the French flying club scene that had to operate from simple grass fields and were also built by the clubs from kits.
Due to the French 1000 hour engine regulation scores of these wonderful craft migrated to the UK and flew under the PFA regime, and were a welcome addition to the fleet.Still probably the best all round machine on 65hp they are gems. PP

Flyingmac
4th Aug 2015, 12:40
Some price comparisons here. All of the aviation listings on AFORS, mentioning the term 'jodel' with ads approximately old, page 2 of 6 (http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=browse&needle=jodel&PageToDisplay=index.php?page=browse&needle=jodel&PageToDisplay=2)