PDA

View Full Version : RYAN AIR EMERGENCY

Chronus
30th Jul 2015, 18:57
News coming through of Ryanair FR7622 returning to EMA after declaring emergency over English Channel. Cabin emergency chutes deployed for evac.

captplaystation
30th Jul 2015, 19:17
I see your thread has been deleted once already (not politic to report news where FR is concerned)

DaveReidUK
30th Jul 2015, 19:20
News coming through of Ryanair FR7622 returning to EMA after declaring emergency over English Channel.If he was anywhere near the English Channel enroute EGNX-EPRZ, he was lost.

RAT 5
30th Jul 2015, 19:33
News coming from where? Nothing on AV Herald. If something was so serious as to need evacuation why spend so long in the air diverting? But then again, as David Reid says, if the were en-route to Poland it was probably the N. Sea. EMA could then have been nearest suitable. Those bits of dark murky waters all look the same.

OntimeexceptACARS
30th Jul 2015, 19:42
Can't have been life or death, on FR24 he squawked 7700 over Ipswich, did a U turn and headed back to EMA. Flight was EMA-RZE so unlikely overweight landing if he needed to land anywhere quickly. SEN, NWI, even STN much nearer.

RAT 5
30th Jul 2015, 19:46
You can see the trace on flight finder. It was indeed east of Essex. Indeed STN is closer. So what was the problem? Was there an evacuation? Nothing on AV Herald, Ryanair or EMA websites. Mystery.

Chronus
30th Jul 2015, 19:55
North Sea, English Channel, Lost ?

Have look at the following link and enlighten us all withthe precise location in case anyone needs to go and find any bits.

Update emergency ryanair #fr7622 from east midlands is returning to uk. live: - scoopnest.com (http://www.scoopnest.com/user/airlivenet/626807208584589312)
Those were the days when any water between Blighty and the rest was an English Channel.

Yes Cap my posts seem to evaporate at the blink of an eye. I can see this reply blurring
already as I my single digit rush to hit the key board. I need to find another.

Farrell
30th Jul 2015, 20:44
(not politic to report news where FR is concerned)

Maybe they sponsor the color scheme…

http://www.lph2o.com/images/phocagallery/aircraft%20paint%20scheme/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_Ryanair%20Boeing%20737-400.png

RAT 5
30th Jul 2015, 21:18
Mind you; FL270 & 400kts might, afterall, put STN a little close, especially with all the briefing & planning etc. Just depends on the nature of the problem.

sunday8pm
30th Jul 2015, 21:40
Any closer to finding out what was going on?

befree
31st Jul 2015, 07:00
Passenger plane emergency at East Midlands Airport | Leicester Mercury (http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Passenger-plane-emergency-East-Midlands-Airport/story-27516615-detail/story.html)

In Leicester Mercury but little details.

pattern_is_full
31st Jul 2015, 07:17
FlightAware shows the complete flight (matches scoopnest partial flight map linked to previously). No other information, though.

Ryanair (FR) #7622 ? FlightAware (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/RYR7622)

MrSnuggles
31st Jul 2015, 08:58
Oh dear.

I have too many jokes in my head right now.

Putting them aside, doesn't social media provide any clues? Pax nowadays are more than happy to document everything.

Chronus
31st Jul 2015, 09:07
Liked the photo by Farrell, as I knew little about this carrier and as there seems to be little news about the incident I looked it up on the web. Here is what I found:

The Meaning of Ryanair (http://www.drb.ie/essays/the-meaning-of-ryanair)

I wondered if the following from the above article is true:

As the pilots sip the water they have bought themselves and the flight attendants hurry along the aisles in the uniforms they have paid for out of their own pockets, barking curt, dismissive orders at the bewildered and the non-compliant...

So I thought maybe someone had left their water bottles behind and was having a tantrum.

By the way what is the meaning of the winged lady with boobs on the tail.

MrSnuggles
31st Jul 2015, 09:14
Chronus, you are seriously disturbing my calm by your remarks... I can feel the jokes bursting inside me, desperately wanting to be written down!

To keep things in order: the symbol on the tail is a mix between some ancient Irish (half)goddess and a music instrument called "lyra" in Swedish. I have no idea what it is called in English.

PURPLE PITOT
31st Jul 2015, 09:24
It's called a harp in both english and poikey.:O

Una Due Tfc
31st Jul 2015, 09:29
It's called a harp in both english and poikey.:O

Now now, we're not all pikeys, just like you're not all chavs

Just a spotter
31st Jul 2015, 10:03
By the way what is the meaning of the winged lady with boobs on the tail.

Just like the shamrock, the harp has been a long standing symbol of Ireland, and is still used as the official seal of the State and of the President.

The representation of a harp as a winged female figure stretched across the front and top of the instrument was for a time used as the flag of Ireland from about the 17th century. As those in the UK will know, this symbol is still used today as the representation of Northern Ireland on the Royal Standard.

I can only guess that back in the early 1990's when Ryanair changed its livery from the original "3 R's" to the first version of the current branding, it was looking for something that reflected "Irish" and could challenge it's main rival of the time Aer Lingus and its Shamrock.

:)

JAS

Sober Lark
31st Jul 2015, 10:36
The harp device logos Ryanair uses are protected trade marks and nothing to do with the Irish harp.

English Channel

Personally I prefer to use La Manche as it's a little more neutral.

slip and turn
31st Jul 2015, 10:53
The harp device logos Ryanair uses are protected trade marks and nothing to do with the Irish harp.Well that may be so, but if so, and as JAS has gone to the trouble to highlight for us, the use of the mythical Celtic goddess Erin and the harp on something Irish isn't exactly original, now is it? :p

Personally I prefer to use terms like English Channel and Irish Sea, as like Erin's harp, it offers built in clues about where we're from ;)

Anyway, returning to the main event, no further clues about what beset FR7622 this morning?

DaveReidUK
31st Jul 2015, 11:27
Anyway, returning to the main event, no further clues about what beset FR7622 this morning?One report I've seen suggested an engine failure.

It doesn't mention any evacuation - it's hard to imagine a planeload of passengers departing via the slides without a single photo of the event appearing on Twitter or Facebook. :O

diginagain
31st Jul 2015, 17:29
... it's hard to imagine a planeload of passengers departing via the slides without a single photo of the event appearing on Twitter or Facebook.Perhaps they thought it was part of the 'service'?

Ballinthemiddle
2nd Aug 2015, 08:48
You can see the trace on flight finder. It was indeed east of Essex. Indeed STN is closer. So what was the problem? Was there an evacuation? Nothing on AV Herald, Ryanair or EMA websites. Mystery.
I was the captain on a Easyjet flight at the same time and heard the the Ryanair call "Mayday mayday mayday Engine Failure" we were near Idesi over the North Sea at the time.

west lakes
2nd Aug 2015, 19:24
So a decision was made by the crew, possibly in conjunction with the company maintenance offices to return to EMA.
It's not as if the aircraft was incapable of that flight.

But as has been mentioned before on the site FR operates a system of having (shock horror) spare aircraft to cover this type of event, and EMA is one of the bases that has a spare (often used for training) based there and immediately available to take over the flight.

You know the sort of thing that is good for the customer.

And no this is not a wind up, it is fact and was given to me sat in the lounge of a senior pilots home!

Mr Optimistic
2nd Aug 2015, 19:33
Senior pilots home? Ah so that is where they go when they're done and dusted😂

west lakes
6th Aug 2015, 18:30
Incident: Ryanair B738 near East Midlands on Jul 30th 2015, engine shut down in flight (http://avherald.com/h?article=48a5d06a&opt=0)

Sober Lark
6th Aug 2015, 19:18
A lot of fuss about nothing. In passing, the Aviation herald seems to have large holes in its data base regarding reporting of aviation incidents. This is probably based on the way they gather their information. In addition there are probably many more incidents around the world that they do not report.

deptrai
6th Aug 2015, 20:45
This is probably based on the way they gather their information.

yes, but that statement could also be rewritten as "based on how different airlines/countries share information". There are huge differences.

rz3
7th Aug 2015, 03:50
Do a Google search for the Spirit plane that caught fire at DFW on July 30. Big flames coming from the wheel, but nothing on AVHerald.

IOS_331
21st Aug 2015, 19:30
Ema has a ridiculous amount of spare Ryanair aircraft, primarily used for line trainings, type ratings, cadet training...etc. usually you'll spend two or so hours in the training centre at the back of the CAA building before heading into the crew room. Approximately four aircraft a day are used for training flights.

CHfour
23rd Aug 2015, 21:35
Ema has a ridiculous amount of spare Ryanair aircraft, primarily used for line trainings, type ratings, cadet training...etc. usually you'll spend two or so hours in the training centre at the back of the CAA building before heading into the crew room. Approximately four aircraft a day are used for training flights.
There are no spare aircraft at EMA but there are usually a few at various bases. There is only 1 training aircraft and it's a 700 (EI-SEV)

skyship007
24th Aug 2015, 05:50
I presume the free 737 in Stansted is used to provide new hires with a free FAA & EASA type rating ??

Might have to use it myself, cos a lawyer associated with the UK dept of transport has offered me a free approved ATPL and TR course (No details of when or where yet), cos some chap in FCL was good enough to send me a message from their address saying they have lost all my Micro and stick records (I still have my gear, but you can't get actual licences in Blighty to obtain an EASA upgraded ticket or three if the CAA file is empty).

Any CAA lawyers care to comment in terms of who is liable, transport dept, CAA, the muppet that binned the files (Might be EASA), yours truly or the good Lord himself ??

PS: A very senior FAA chap has already investigated my case and ruled in my favour in the USA, so there might be a second case filed due to jurisdiction issues over flight time in the USA.
Also something is going on in my 6 O'clock, cos I sent my PP to the Munich US consul for a visa and they sent it back last week with a 5 year work permit 2 days after the M1 interview!
My bank manager (Legal expert) thinks cos I am registered in Germany they might offer me a position with Jerrywings, but he has a weird sense of humour, so I'm convinced he means RYA based down South.:mad:

Associated jokes from the FDH flyers bar:
"1/ I bet they find your docs in the expanded Tomato Andy file
2/ Are you his ghost?
3/ You are more likely to get a death certificate first, if you try for damages from EASA
4/ A P2 job with Jerrywings is a death certificate, as you are flying with them this week to NCE.
5/ Don't drive your tuned Renault Twingo to the interview"!