PDA

View Full Version : mg5350 not printing

spycatcher
27th Jul 2015, 11:43
my mg5350 has stopped printing, it seems to print but the paper comes out blank and the printer cartridges are all full, anyone any ideas, thanks

Ancient Observer
27th Jul 2015, 12:00
my 5250 did that a couple of times when it was on wi-fi via the home network. Put it on a cable to the main home pc and that solved it, for printing from that pc.
It doesn't like printing from the other bits of IT around the house.

spycatcher
27th Jul 2015, 12:06
hi thanks for that but it wont print either with usb cable or wifi

dazdaz1
27th Jul 2015, 16:17
Maybe printer head is blocked. Is there (on the software that came with the printer) an option for printer head cleaning?

spycatcher
27th Jul 2015, 16:29
cheers dazdaz, yes tried that, deep cleaning too, its 5 separate cartridges, so you would think one at least would work, just bought 5 new cartridges too :{ its a multifunction printer and it wont even print using the photocopying facility, it makes all the correct noises, pretending its printing but it just spits out a blank sheet of paper at the end of it, wondering if its a common problem amongst other mg5350 owners

Saab Dastard
27th Jul 2015, 17:22
Did you remember to remove the ventilation covers on the new cartridges? That's not the same as the plastic head covers.

If you don't, the ink can't get out. Guess how I found that out.

SD

spycatcher
27th Jul 2015, 21:31
cheers SD, remembered that ;) canon support think its a hardware problem and I should send it to a canon service centre 400mls away, but cost of carriage and then fixing prob just as well chucking it. its just bloody annoying that its only two years old and I just bought a new set of cartridges for it, hell I still use a dot matrix printer I bought in 1992, runs perfectly :{

Bushfiva
28th Jul 2015, 00:59
Did you install the printer's status monitor? If so, does it report any warnings or errors?

Avtrician
28th Jul 2015, 07:54
Check that the cartridges are releasing the ink, hold a tissue to the ink outlet.

If that is ok, the print head itself may be clogged, or even may have a damaged ribbon cable/connection

spycatcher
28th Jul 2015, 11:51
thanks for the replies guys

the printer diagnostics say everything is ok

the cartridges are releasing ink and I've tried deep cleaning the head twice

still nothing

dazdaz1
28th Jul 2015, 14:10
"the cartridges are releasing ink and I've tried deep cleaning the head twice"

So where is the ink going? Does the paper feed work ok?

spycatcher
28th Jul 2015, 14:34
I don't know where the ink is going, its not dripping out the bottom or anything :)

everything on the machine works normally

it sounds as if its printing as usual, same using the photo copying facility

but the paper comes out absolutely blank

I got am email from a canon support centre in England and they want £60 for a new printer head and that's not particularly guaranteed to fix it

Avtrician
29th Jul 2015, 09:37
It definitely sounds like a print head thats not working.

Either its totally blocked, or its not receiving the signals to pass the ink. I dont know how to test for that.

A suggestion on another forum for a similar problem was to remove the printhead and soak it in warm soapy water. This seemed to work, so the next thing is to work out how to remove it.

Saab Dastard
29th Jul 2015, 14:32
they want £60 for a new printer head and that's not particularly guaranteed to fix it

Sounds like a new printer would be better value.

SD

Ancient Observer
4th Aug 2015, 11:29
spycatcher -
did you find an answer to your problem?

ian16th
4th Aug 2015, 12:45
I'm a bit late coming into this, but I had exactly the same symptom with a MG 5340, which is a very similar printer.

A new print head at a stupid price was the 'recommended' route.

I bought a new printer. Because I wanted the capability to print on CD's and DVD's I bought the MX 924.

So far so good.