PDA

View Full Version : Cumbernauld Airport

PENNINE BOY
21st Jul 2015, 20:40
Got to vote this place as the direst place I have ever had to land at!

Young staff very helpful but spoilt by a miserable B-----D come airfield manager!

Please take a trip up to Wick or fuel up at total Logistics in Oban and see guys who are helpful and enjoy GA.

Would rather get shafted next time with a handling fee at EGPH! :=

Jodelman
21st Jul 2015, 22:02
Strange isn't it that one persons experience can be so different to anothers.

We were three aircraft that landed at Cumbernauld a little while ago and had a very positive and helpful experience including from the airfield manager. We would certainly go there again.

flybymike
21st Jul 2015, 23:47
In my experience airfield management is littered with miserable pompous bastards.

Oldpilot55
22nd Jul 2015, 08:25
Must have been a different Cumbernauld from the one where I used to be based.

Jonzarno
22nd Jul 2015, 13:10
I agree. My logbook shows a total of 17 visits and I've always found them friendly and helpful.

xrayalpha
22nd Jul 2015, 17:06
You know when you've been "Kenny'd" !

ps. You aren't an "aviation ethusiast" - that's always "fun" when the call: Attention, aviation perverts on the field! goes out.

Zulu Mike
22nd Jul 2015, 18:34
Similar experience, the staff are genuinely helpful and in my case apologetic for the aggressive, foulmouthed (even over the radio) ignorant airfield manager.
Not been back since and barring a mayday never will again.

ericsson16
22nd Jul 2015, 21:09
You know when you've been "Kenny'd" !
I have to agree with the above,also the population with Glasgow being nearly 600,000 and this is best we can provide,shocking really.

piperboy84
22nd Jul 2015, 21:12
Nothing wrong with insulting the guests !

TFMpySg_UrM

Flyingmac
23rd Jul 2015, 07:51
I have a soft spot for Cumbernauld. After a long flight there in particularly foul IMC, barely in control of the aircraft, Cumbernauld went VMC for me. I could have hugged it. I had the best cup of coffee ever, though it was trembling in my hand.:)

Oldpilot55
23rd Jul 2015, 22:59
Were you talking futball and made an inappropriate remark about religion?

R8BYY
24th Jul 2015, 13:43
We didn't even make the front door.(met by the Cumbernauld Airport parking officer who informed me I couldn't leave my car were I had parked it) really should thank him saved me a couple of hundred quid, plan was to grab a coffee and a roll and hire a Pa 28 from Border.
Didn't want to argue as I was with 2 nervous pax so just bought a checklist and left.
Used to be a great place.

quilmes
24th Sep 2015, 21:27
Grtz,

Brave Wealthy Guy ?

Noticed that a pocket rocket VLJ
bizjet visited EGPG this afternoon !

Normally found at Kemble, N531EA
an Eclipse Aviation 500 twin jet visited
the famous Cumbernauld airstrip after
lunch today.

Just Google search N531EA then click
up top on 'Images' for pictures of what
an Eclipse 500 looks like.

Why ITNOTWM? Not even a Primark there
and with our weather too !

Best to all.

fisbangwollop
25th Sep 2015, 11:29
Kenny's bark is worse than his bite......he has just got a funny way of saying he loves you:p He has always been very helpful to my self and other ATC colleuges in the past :ok:
But then there is always the lovely Lisa as a distraction