PDA

View Full Version : Does low capacity RPT AOC still exist under the new regs?

pilotchute
17th Jul 2015, 11:16
i ask as the command requirements for such companies required you to have 500 multi command to be upgraded to Capt. Is this still the case?

Duck Pilot
17th Jul 2015, 20:23
Check the CASA website under the reg reform section. The split between RPT and charter will be removed and rebranded Air Transport, regardless if the operator uses an A380 or a Cessna 172. Part 121 will be for the heavy aircraft and 135 for the light aircraft.

The hours requirements have/are being replaced with competency based requirements which in my opinion gives the operator and crews more flexibility, in terms of grading pilots with the onus left on the operator. Thereby if a pilot displays a high level of competancy they can be released from training earlier, opposed to having to wait for their hours to hit a magic figure that means nothing. Part 61 and the respective new regs will cover these requirements.

Horatio Leafblower
18th Jul 2015, 01:15
The CAOs still dictate the rules for RPT AOCs until the new CASRs come in. I hope/suspect that the new brooms in CASA will cause a delay in the introduction of 91, 121 and 135 because the Part 42/145 rule set as it stands is going to wipe out small GA charter.

We live in interesting times, comrades. :suspect:

LeadSled
18th Jul 2015, 05:12
Folks,
Believe me, Horatio is spot on about what Part 42/145 maintenance will do to Part 135, unless there are major changes ie: A Part 43 much like FAR Part 43, plus consequential changes.
Mind you, Part 135 aerodrome standards are going to wipe out most of what we now call "charter" in light singles and twins, so maybe the Part 42/145 will not matter all that much.
Tootle pip!!