PDA

View Full Version : Best ATC to learn radio communication?

super jet 100
17th Jul 2015, 06:25
I would like to learn radio communication used by pilots and ATC. Can you list some of the best ATC towers (most popular) to listen and study? As far as I know, many people don't suggest to listen to huge airports like ORD/JFK/BOS/LAX, because operators are very busy and don't use proper (standard) commands, talk super fast etc.

I heard some good reviews about KFAT, KVNY, KAPA towers. Can you list anything else that will suit my needs?

thanks!

super jet 100
17th Jul 2015, 20:22
I would like to listen to those who follow ICAO procedures. Do you have anyone else in mind other than UK with slow and propper english? :)

Hotel Tango
18th Jul 2015, 10:09
because operators are very busy and don't use proper (standard) commands, talk super fast etc.

Hmm, that eliminates almost all U.S. airports then :E (just having a little joke cousins).

super jet 100
18th Jul 2015, 19:22
But I heard radio comms all over the world in english are pretty much the same. Anyway, I will be practicing at PilotEdge (virtual ATC) as soon as I finish Bob Gardners book, so I think U.S. atc towers is the only way to go :)

super jet 100
18th Jul 2015, 19:27
I am not sure if the differences between US and ICAO phraseology are large enough to cause me a confusion

ShannonACC
18th Jul 2015, 20:44
Hey there,

Liveatc have a feed for all Irish aerodromes, RT used is usually spot on, and you're always guaranteed a bit of humour at some point! The traffic flow is always substantial and it's a good way to see how RT adapts to an increase in workload. Other than that I can't really tell. -www.liveatc.net

Una Due Tfc
25th Jul 2015, 22:50
Your local country if possible, wherever that is. Each country has it's own nuances that will stand you in good stead if you want to go pro