PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on Swedish Flying Clubs

flyboyUK2003
16th Jul 2015, 14:09
Greetings all,

I moved to Sweden a year ago with the family, and now that I've converted to an EASA License, I'd like to get up in the air again.

Having not found much info on Google, I was wondering if anyone knows of any flying clubs or schools in Sweden, mainly around Stockholm, where I could rent a C172 or something similar to do some flying and keep current?

Any info at all will be greatly appreciated, just reply or PM me.

Cheers All!

AdamFrisch
16th Jul 2015, 15:13
Unfortunately, the as*holes at Swedavia has ruined the GA scene in the capital. I trained at Bromma and got my PPL there and it was avery vibrant airport with mixed GA and scheduled traffic then, but today they've thrown out GA completely and shut down all the other GA airports in Stockholm. It's a terrible mess and what happens when bureaucrats in an unholy coalition with green parties get to run the show. Stockholm now being one of the very few capitals with no GA access whatsoever unless you want to spend $500 for handling.

As far as I know (haven't lived in Sweden for 15 years), Skå-Edeby is the only airfield left with club flying and training in the greater Stockholm region. It's smaller grass field, but well kept after. Bit of a drive. Next option is to drive to Västerås where there's more club activity.

Kontakt KSAK - the Royal Swedish Aero Club - they'll be able to give you info on what training and club facilities you can find around Stockholm. Them themselves got thrown out of Bromma too, BTW.

KSAK/Motorflygförbundet - Vi gör skillnad! (http://ksak.se)

Good luck - it's actually a good country to fly in. Not over regulated and with the yearly card, you can land for free at most airports.

Sir George Cayley
16th Jul 2015, 21:55
I have info on Swedish Swinging Clubs if that helps :uhoh::eek:

SGC

ps try Denmark

DaveyJay85
17th Jul 2015, 08:39
Try this map:

Flygklubbar - KSAK/Motorflygförbundet (http://ksak.se/for-flygintresserade/flygklubbar/?state=map)

Most are in Swedish, but if you give them a ring, they'll be able to converse in English without too many problems.

Skol!

flyboyUK2003
23rd Jul 2015, 08:48
Hello all,

Thank you for responding, I will check out the links you guys sent me.

Cheers!

A le Ron
24th Jul 2015, 22:24
We were made very welcome at Vasteras, or, as Ryanair would have it , Stockholm West on our flying holiday of Sweden in a PA28 the summer before last.

Talkdownman
25th Jul 2015, 08:46
I can wholeheartedly recommend the excellent and very friendly Nyköpings Flygklubb at Skåvsta. I have hired various Piper singles from there, one of which was subsequently purchased.

WhiskeyPapa
26th Jul 2015, 18:01
If you can make it to Vilnius or Riga, I might be able to help you out. I will be basing a G-Reg Rallye 180 there & am open to admitting a few members.