PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Hire LA

hollywood285
10th Jul 2015, 06:45
Hi, could anyone recommend a good place to Rent an aircraft from in LA? want something half decent to take away from base for about a week. not bothered want it is, as long as it has a basic Autopilot and maybe a Garmin 430

HW285

AdamFrisch
10th Jul 2015, 10:22
Justice Aviation at Santa Monica, Beach Cities Aviation at Hawthorne, SoCal Flying Club at El Monte.

hollywood285
10th Jul 2015, 12:20
Thanks so cal rates are very good for newish aircraft , just not sure about the beating down sun on a da 40 !

Katamarino
10th Jul 2015, 17:58
I have rented a few times from Channel Islands Aviation in Camarillo for long periods (2 weeks at a time). I've always been extremely happy with them.

India Four Two
11th Jul 2015, 00:25
Justice Aviation at Santa Monica

+1 more vote :ok:

custardpsc
14th Jul 2015, 14:22
anywhere that doesn't insist on renters insurance.... and especially anywhere that doesn't try and sell you renters insurance.

Cusco
14th Jul 2015, 17:57
anywhere that doesn't insist on renters insurance.... and especially anywhere that doesn't try and sell you renters insurance.

Bad advice above.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HIRE and FLY AN AEROPLANE IN USA WITHOUT RENTERS' INSURANCE.

My 120 Bucks for renters' insurance paid out $5k without a peep when I had a dink:

Money that I would otherwise have had to pay myself

Cusco

Straighten Up
14th Jul 2015, 23:37
Pacific air at Long Beach. Great team, g1000 c172 for about $130 wet/hobby hr iirc. Cheaper if you fly steam. Hoping to go back later this year.

JammedStab
16th Jul 2015, 01:10
Hi, could anyone recommend a good place to Rent an aircraft from in LA? want something half decent to take away from base for about a week. not bothered want it is, as long as it has a basic Autopilot and maybe a Garmin 430

HW285

Really just best to initially look online. There are so many airports and it is not difficult to find a rental place.

I happened to be near Long Beach so I went there and ended up renting a Tampico, Piper Lance and a french built Robin from a couple of different places. Plus there are three more places at least on the field to rent from.

Now the Tampico has been sold, the Lance has had an accident and one of the locations went through a bankruptcy. So, just move on to the next location or type.