PDA

View Full Version : Interviews!

cino2go
13th Jun 2002, 11:59
I am ex ansett and we have been told that we will get interviews! What i want to know is when ???

Not Happy Jan:mad:

christep
13th Jun 2002, 13:48
As a totally disinterested observer, I have to say that this post illustrates precisely the point that someone else (?Shadowpurser?) made the other day...

Why is it that so many ex-Ansett crew seem to feel that the world owes them a job?

SydGirl
13th Jun 2002, 21:16
cino2go I too am ex-Ansett and am astounded that you could even make that remark!! Have you applied to any airlines? Have you taken the initiative to get your resume together and "sell yourself"?

I'm sorry to hear that some people are putting every ex-Ansett person into the same old basket and think that we all believe we are owed a job. That is simply not true. There are some ex-Ansett people that (in my opinion) should not be flying again! Unfortunately they seem to be the same people that are whining and moaning that airlines are not knocking on their doors begging for them to come work for them.

If you want a job with the airlines you need to get out there, sell yourself and show them you are the best person for the job. You can't rely on the FAAA or anyone else to mollycoddle you and help you bypass the interview stage to land right in training school without making any effort yourself. And even then, your future employer has to believe you will be able to perform the duties of the role as THEY want you to perform them - not the way Ansett did!

OK enough of my rantings :) Good Luck all!
SG

cino2go
14th Jun 2002, 16:39
For starters.. I originally meant for this to be a reply to another post.. but somehow it ended up as a new message.

As for the FAAA.. They are as good as tits on a bull.

I am not expecting or demanding a job.. Just the preference that qantas said they would give and have not delivered in Sydney.

SydGirl
15th Jun 2002, 05:01
cino2go as far as I know, Qantas is not yet recruiting for short or long haul positions in Sydney. That makes it a bit difficult to give "preference" to ex-Ansett people. If you had applied to Impulse, Eastern or even Australian you would have discovered that in fact ex-Ansett WERE given preference, as they were granted an interview, which a large percentage of applicants do not even receive!

To my knowledge, the only people working for QF as FAs that are ex-AN are a few that were doing the AWAS contract, and others who are on a casual basis through MAM.

If and when QF do recruit, they have guaranteed preference to ex-AN staff. Perhaps until then you should not limit yourself to QF and explore some of the other options available. :)

All the best
SG

vdd
15th Jun 2002, 06:11
Dear cino2go

Why not try Emirates and Virgin Blue.... as both are recruiting Cabin Crew now. Check out their websites. QF might be a few months before they start seeking applicants again.

Cheers

stewardess007
15th Jun 2002, 06:13
As a FA for Eastern I can tell you we conducted several rounds of interveiws for ex ansett group FA's ONLY. From this we have 30++ new FA's from kendell/ansett. This discrimination has denied many eager however inexperienced applicants the opportunity to as least interview for positions. It has also prevented career progression from QF regionals to mainline Qantas as positions available were given to ex ansett staff. I don't really think you have a right to complain when Qantas has given ex ansetters preference over there own staff. For some out there it was clearly time to hang up thier wings anyway. Cino I am compassionate toward those affected by Ansetts plight but it could be seen comming since things went sour last Easter. Good things come to those who wait............ PATIENTLY.

cabin secure
15th Jun 2002, 07:49
Dear cino2go

I have posted some information on the Ansett Central staff site you may be interested in, re your hunt for a job.
Check it out.
BM

GONE SKIING
18th Jun 2002, 08:45
Hi Chino2go
Sorry to see there are so many people out there with attitude regarding the demise of Ansett
Id like to say that the staff are not to blame for their unfortunate situation and some compassion should be shown. Their were many very good people in the company and they deserve a break. How would you feel if the job u were working hard at with all the smiles and good humor suddenly was taken away and u had to start again. Its not a nice position................

Chino2go you have every right to ask the question re employment, as evey airline has cashed in on the good press of making these offers.
For those knockers.... Did any one ask if she has tried the various chanels through MAM and Australian etc.

Just stop knocking Ansett staff they are qualified and should be treated with some concideration.
By the way Age shouldnt be an issue u dont become old and bitchy many young people start out that way and want it all today while many older staff just enjoy their work as the have from the begining. SO STOP THIS AGE AND GOOD LOOKS CARRY ON its soooo boring and childish.

I hope things work out for u and just keep trying and asking every airline you get luck soon:) :) :D

cino2go
19th Jun 2002, 11:37
Skiing
You have made some good points here.. On the weekend of 15/9/2001, Qantas tookout FULL PAGE adverts saying we have preference etc. In Sydney in Particular nothing has happened. IN other bases recruitment has taken place and some staff have been employed. As for some of the comments made here i dont really know what to make of them. Is the world really bitter and twisted ? Who knows.

Just for the record i have applied with Australian and are through to the final round.

You also have to question why the Aust govt is willing to give Mitsubishi $500 Million to keep them producing cars at a cost to the tax payer, but was not willing to help Ansett.:confused:

vdd
19th Jun 2002, 12:22
Dear Cino2go

Congratulations with getting thru to the final round with Australian Airlines. Excellent! Do you speak an Asian language?

Cheers

cino2go
19th Jun 2002, 12:45
Hello V..

No asian language..

However i must say that the applicants came from all walks of life.. Very interesting people
:D

FloatJockey
20th Jun 2002, 09:03
Cino2go, sorry to disappoint you but I don't think the panel interview with AUZ will be "the last stage".

I got told so while booking my panel interview. I asked if I had to bring my school certificate on the day (I had to get it mailed from Europe and translated in English) and I got told that this would be checked during stage 3, together with references... :eek:

If YOU are correct and there is NO stage 3, chances to get in after stage 2 are 1 on 3 only.
If you review the numbers: 960 interviewed, 50 % received stage 2, which means 480 still running. They need 160 only... I don't like maths but this makes sense. :( 33.333333333 % ... pfffff..... I hate this!

Good luck! Let us know how you go!

Mrs. FloatJockey

GONE SKIING
20th Jun 2002, 17:13
Dear Chino2go
dont be too concerned Float jocky is guessing the process.
Having made it through a Qantas process, I can tell u this much. Your first interview is the group project style then you will be invited for a 1 on 2 interview. You with 2 Qantas reps. If you survive that and that is the big elimination point they then check your ref, Send you for a medical, Do a security check, and if all is ok you are then in the waiting room. Waiting for a start date. They need 160 to start the airline but even if they like you you may not start in the first 160. You could be put on hold as they are expecting rapid growth in this Airline. This means if you havent been told NO and you havent been given a start date that you will most likely hear nothing till they are ready to use you. This is the most frustrating time, best to just get on with other things and at some time they will give you that happy call. They dont give you any indication these days as it leaves them open to all sorts of discrimination and other issues, so they say nothing till they have made up their mind what to do with you.
NOTE while they say they want 160 you can bet they will have many more waiting in the wings incase some fail ground school or the situation changes and they need to quickly recruit more F/As
So just relax and keep going and dont listen to too much the sad rubbish some kids put out. They have no idea what the process is all about and are just passing on gossip.
:D :D :D :D

Exotic-Temptress
21st Jun 2002, 11:47
CiNO

Sweetheart, as far as im concerned, i hope that VB NEVER recruit any more Ex-Ansett, esp with an attitude like yours.

We have had nothing but stinky attitude brought on board from many Ex Ansett F/A's. They come into an airline like VB and expect to have it as easy as they did in the past.....they do nothing but complain, complain and DAMN COMPLAIN some more.

With all due respect to the few that have the right attitude, but the majority are like clones from the one sample.

I do hope VB do take care in their interview process, and not recruit just because of their prior experience.

Lets face it, its not brian surgery to learn such a job....4 weeks is all it takes and no prior experience as an advantage....NOTHING BUT THE RIGHT ATTITUDE IS ALL BUT NEEDED.

FloatJockey
22nd Jun 2002, 01:42
GONE SKIING, don't you think you're having a bit of an attitude here??

dont listen to too much the sad rubbish some kids put out. They have no idea what the process is all about and are just passing on gossip.

My so to say "gossip" is what I got told by A.A. recruitment while booking stage 2, which means I am also booked for an AUZ panel interview and I am not writing kids' rubbish, since I am in the same situation as Cino2go! Call it gossip... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Do you think because you're in Qantas you know it all about other airlines' interviews????? Well, lets get over it! I hope you treat your passengers with more respect than your fellow PPruNers... :rolleyes:

I agree they will probabily keep few people on hold for a while, but this is not always good news! We have read on this forum about someone that got "rejected" by Qantas after a year waiting for the final decision.... (Bella 75?)

They will for sure put on course slightly over 160 in case some people fail the exam or change their mind, however I still believe at this stage our chances are 1 on 3. A stage 2 doesn't mean VICTORY! If we are not what they are looking for, they'll run another interview process alltogether.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm only explaining things under a different angle... You know, the higher you climb with your expectations, the bigger the fall...............

Cino2go, let's be prepared for a YES or a NO... All we can do is to work on our answers, find out as much as we can about Asia, keep the energy going and the grooming as per standard. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exotic-Temptress, I reckon there are loads of ex-AN with fantastic attitude (and experience). You simply happen to work with the wrong ones... These people will quit very soon. I'm sure you know how to choose your friends! :D

Exotic-Temptress
22nd Jun 2002, 13:06
Jockey

We do work with people whom we dont always get along with.

Unfortunately we dont have a say in the matter, and yes my last post wasn't a general comment, but of the ones whom i've had to face.

There is good and bad in everyone, in every airline and in every industry.

cabinboy
23rd Jun 2002, 05:48
QUOTE " dont listen to too much the sad rubbish some kids put out. They have no idea what the process is all about and are just passing on gossip. "

I'm not to happy with that comment I must say. As a " kid " ( 18-25 year age bracket ) which I assume is the age bracket you are referring to, I was on this forum receiving and passing on information to others about airline recruitment and I would have to say that as a " kid " I know a sh*t load about the recruitment process of all airlines simply because I dedicated myself to finding out as much as I could about recruitment - reading books, phoning and speaking to f/a's, writing to airlines and ringing other ppruners in other cities to find out all the new information and gossip I could on recruitment. I am proud to say that as a kid at most airline interviews I attended I knew a sh*t load more than others ( including ex ansett ) at the interviews. If it wasn't for the " rubbish " that others on this pprune forum passed on to me, I wouldn't be as happy as larry in my current f/a position.

Every piece of information on this forum is valuable to someone - in gaining their dream position as flight attendant.

Keep up the gossip and recruitment news for the benefit of others I say.

CABINBOY

cino2go
23rd Jun 2002, 11:19
Re : Exotic Temp Comments.

As for being a Virgin BLue flight attendant, Your Nick really suits you. You are the exact model that VB look for.

General requirements for VB FA are Blonde, Bimbo and Large breasts. Thats the go.

In an emergency situation i would rather have the old bitter twisted ansett/qantas team member on my flight.

One that will be able to open the door/window with out freezing.

I can imagine a Virgin Blue evacuation.

This is Cassie the Ex Gold Coast Meter Maid.. We are evacuating by Hair Colour today.. Blonde's first !

Singapore learnt the hard way 2 years ago when the 747 hit the brick wall in rain. The lovely flight attendants just froze!

If Virgin Blue is such a great ailine --- Why do so many want to get into Qantas ?
:confused:

stevemelb
23rd Jun 2002, 12:30
Re - Exotic Temp Coments

cino2go has it down pat. Your nick is perfect.

One question Ms Exotic .... How long did you try to get into Ansett or QF before getting into Virgin? Were you knocked back a few times before your fortune changed and a airline comenced flying with a totally new concept in recruitment. No brains required as long as you have large breasts, blond hair and are under 25!!

You may dispute these requirments however at a recent Virgin bimbo recruitment drive in Brisbane, only 5 minutes into the interview session, the interviewers were overheard by more than one person offering two young bimbos with very large breasts a second interview. This was well before they strutted their stuff in the circus acts to follow.

Furthermore my neighbour was on a flight from Melb to Perth 2 weeks ago when a virgin bimbo demonstrating the life jacket told passengers around her not to worry as "we will all die if we crash". VERY UNPROFESIONAL would'nt you say. But to a blonde bimbo like yourself, perhaps not!!!

How about you stop bashing Ansett and QF people and just count yourself lucky that bimbo airlines comenced in Australia. You don't have to worry about to many of us joining your mickey mouse airline.... I and many others have no desire to join the flying circus....

Exotic-Temptress
23rd Jun 2002, 13:14
In regards to your comments CINO AND STEVE

I can detect a slight sign of bitterness and utter jelousy.

Cino, im sorry but you must be way past your youthful years..with such anger oozing through your words. What was it, you tried with Virgin and couldnt get through??

Was it that your looks had deteriorated?Or is it just simply that they seen such bitchiness and pettiness in your attitude? Its people like you who ARENT suited for virgin.

Sweetheart, read my words CLEARLY without getting so bitterly defensive!

And as for you Steve..you sound very gay..another bitch in the back galley.

Cannot handle the fact that VB are succeeding, have beautiful FA's and enjoy having fun at work? Is it the fact that you werent given such an opportunity that you feel resentful?

GUYS...chill out!!! And find something significant to say or say nothing at all. What people have done prior, is simply their perogative. What is your prior experience CINO and Steve?

Cino bet you were flipping burgers before you found salvation, and Steve, would hate to think what you were doing !

Love you guys...no hard feelings i hope :)

ciao

GONE SKIING
23rd Jun 2002, 23:50
To quote someone who sounds like they may have been a lap dancer in the prior employment.

"Lets face it, its not brian surgery to learn such a job....4 weeks is all it takes and no prior experience as an advantage...."

VB Employs mostly based on age and looks, anyone can do the song and dance required for the interview.

BUT JUST wait till there is an Mid Air Emergency BOY will Ansett People be appreciated then!!! Don't think for one minute that it can never happen to you because it can.

Australia has the best air safety record in the world, but even the best have had incidents and the reason they where not classed as accidents is that the staff were proffessional and managed the situations to avoid additional problems.

VB is lacking in this depth of knowledge within the cabin crew. So you should thank Ansett for all the training they put into their staff, and how lucky you are to be able to employ them. If they pass comment on your methods, it may be, their having a bad day OR maybe if you took notice, it may be about an improvement you had not thought of or been aware of.

Safety is an issue some of you put out babies overlook and you can't be good at it, in 4 weeks.

The age group that VB employs tend to think that they know it all, but one day you'll grow up and learn that each age group adds Knowledge and in-site to the mix.
SO give Ansett staff a break and you may enjoy the mix if your open minded enough.
;) :rolleyes:

bingo was his name
24th Jun 2002, 03:00
Wow, some people really know how to bring down the tone of a forum!

I am so tired of people slagging of VB f/a’s. To those who run around these forums sprouting things about the ‘unprofessional’ antics of VB f/a’s (e.g. SteveMelb and his neighbour’s life jacket demonstration tale), either inform VB and CASA re. your concerns through the correct channels, or keep it to yourself. What do you think writing your concerns on this forum is going to do? I personally like to read them, but what do you think posting them here is actually going to achieve? Furthermore, maybe people should actually pay attention to the old adage, ‘take everything with a grain of salt’. Most people’s concerns about VB are second hand, hearsay, dare I say it, gossip. As in SteveMelb’s case, his information comes from his neighbour. What next? My second cousin’s auntie’s boyfriend’s uncle (through marriage) was on a VB flight recently and blah blah blah happened. Also, people always accompany their very serious VB ‘safety related concerns’ with some derogatory comment about the ‘blonde bimbo of an f/a’ - which from my perspective, does nothing to substantiate and support your case. Rather, people who do this come across looking very insecure.

To those who are brandishing Exotic Temptress a bimbo -

… if you took the time to read her posts, you would actually realise she comes across as a very articulate person. Her spelling is virtually immaculate, her comments concise and worthwhile. Not the bimbo many would have us believe. And also, those that are rudely saying that Exotic Temptress is some sort ‘harlequin’ just because of her name, and are crudely saying that because of her nickname she “fits the VB mould”, grow up. It is a name, not a biography.

Sorry for the length and general ranting of my post, but I have been lurking around these forums for many a month and have a lot to say. I am slowly seeing the dynamics and structure of this forum deteriorate from one in which people posted info about recruitment, helped others with contacts, interviews and so on to a virtual slagging match. Everyone is welcome, but you have to accept the opinions of others and move on.

Thanks.

christep
24th Jun 2002, 03:27
At the risk of getting flamed, as I usually do when I poke my head up in this forum, I'll add my two penn'th as a VFF, just in case anyone here is interested in the customers' perspective.

I agree with Cino2Go that if I was going to be in an emergency evacuation I would rather I was on BA or Qantas than Cathay, Singapore or Virgin Express (to pick some names at random). I can't justify this statistically - it is just a perception (plus the anecdotal evidence from the SQ006 case in Taipei).

However. despite this "we are here primarily for your safety" ethos which is drilled (quite rightly) into all cabin crew, I fear that most pax do not chose their carrier solely or even primarily on these grounds.

In my mind, the first criterion is a basic safety "hurdle"... which is a perception-based judgement under which I feel an airline is safe enough, or it isn't. Currently, of the airlines I might fly, China Airlines, Korean Airlines, Garuda and Air India fail this hurdle, and all the others pass. There is also an equipment-type hurdle, which MD11 and DC-10 currently fail (i.e. I won't fly on them) and all other Boeing, Airbus, Embraerer (sp?), BAe etc. pass, although I have a preference for going trans-oceanic with four engines rather than two.

After that, safety becomes a very small factor in the equation. Much more important are: the overall pleasantness of the experience (from check-in, security, through lounges, and onboard), the price, and whether I get (the right brand of) airmiles!

When all this is taken into account I prefer OneWorld, with Cathay at the top, followed by BA, QF and AA. The cabin crew on CX are more consistently pleasant, cheerful and efficient than the others, who on a good day can be great, but on a bad day can be awful.

I haven't tried Virgin Blue, but if it is anything like Virgin Express in Europe then I am unlikely to, for the simple reason that there was only one seat on their 737s into which someone of 6'3" can fit. This is by far a more significant issue than a small increase or decrease in the likely survivability of a very, very low probability incident.

Poco Loco
24th Jun 2002, 06:00
Just to put my 2 bob's worth in, I happen to know Exotic and she is not what you have been describing, as a typical DJ FA. She isn't 6 feet, blonde, blue eyed airhead. She is a very nice person and is competent in her job, so if you don't mind, judge the person, not the collective group.

Theo Racle
24th Jun 2002, 06:23
OK so.. the old Ansett hags would be better in an emergency evac. Can some one please advise me of how they arrived at this conclusion. Just how many REAL emergency evacs did they carry out? Anyone can freeze when the event happens. Check the facts guys, whether somebody freezes or not has got absolutely no bearing on age or experience (by that I mean hours flown).

Oh by the way, I believe Virgin Blue currently hold the record for an emergency evac of a 737 under CASA's scrutiny I might add.

stevemelb
24th Jun 2002, 11:05
Exotic Temp -

Your obviously not just a dumb bimbo but a homophobic one... Did they teach you that at bimbo training school or were you just born that way. Whether or not I am gay or whatever I may have done in the past has NOTHING to do with my coments.

As for your coment regarding me being resentfull for not getting the same oportunity, you could not be further from the truth! I have NO ambition to ever join an airline such as VB, with there bimbo culture. Before you say that I am not good looking enough (bimbo mentality), that could also be not further than the truth. Besides why would I want to work for an airline with conditions and salary I could earn flipping burgers in McDonalds?? Thats probably one reason they take bimbo's!!!!!

go_dj
24th Jun 2002, 15:43
Cino2go/Stevemelb

The both of you would not by any chance be the
former posters Michael Stipe and Sonique using
new nics would you? At any rate both of you
have no idea whatsoever about Virgin Blue cabin
crew training, You are trying to tell readers
here that CASA have no input into this training!,
you are dead wrong, the 4-5 week course is every
bit as intense as QF and AN when it was about,
and the Virgin Blue cabin crew are as safe as
any other F/As flying in Australia.

As for ex Ansett F/As in VB complaining (not all)
is sadly very very true, the current class has
no ex Ansett F/As at all, and from what I hear
VB are not to keen to try any more, these selfish
people have ruined it for their ex AN mates.

The facts are the flying Australian public have
accepted Virgin Blue with their new aircraft, even
though they have had to use inadequate terminals
at different airports which will soon be solved
when the move to Ansett terminals is complete,
so carry on spitting your vile and bull**** as
Virgin Blue is the new kid on the block and is
doing very nicely thankyou, and God help the
airline that ever gets either of you with the
attitude you have.

smile
25th Jun 2002, 00:59
The other day at work I had a gentleman walk into my bar. He was wearing an old shirt that looked like he had been painting in, a pair of King Gees that were a touch too tight and an old pair of Dunlop sandshoes. He spoke in a way that todays society sees as being "uneducated", and made a small comment about the price of beer rising since the last time he had been there.

Have we all made our assumptions..........................

Well in fact this gentleman happens to own his own (very successful) company, donates heavily to the local charities and I even saw him patiently helping an elder lady work out how to use one of the pokie machines.

How many of you would have judged the book by its cover?????
------------------------------------

Come on peoples just because the cabin crew at Virgin are good looking and see both their life and their work as something to be enjoyed doesn't make them 'bimbo's' and ''tarts' as they have been decribed.

Lets just stop the Virgin Blue bashing here!!!!

GONE SKIING
25th Jun 2002, 01:44
Ok now this is getting quite funny every one is chewing every ones ear. You know that companies love this because now you will erode each others conditions in order to out do each other.

Rember you are all Cabin Crew, accept that some come to your airline with experience and use that knowledge to develop your skills. You may be new to the industry this doesnt mean you dont have a clue but you should realise you cant walk into any new field and be an expert.

VB being a new airline is still going through a big learning curve and does make mistakes even in their training ( no joke )
CASA does have a hand in training they are the governing body you cant be trained to the VB way alone. There are set regulations ANOs that controll many things you do and the way you do them. VB has its own add on's that must still meet CASA regs.
Some incorrect info does and has slipped through the cracks and only time and feedback from experienced FAs will draw it to the powers that be's attention.

I recall a time many years ago when I picked up an error in and airlines training instruction with regard to an a dangerous good, so it does happen.

That said maybe if less time was spend having a go about individuals and doing so in a general way as to slight the rest of the population maybe you'd all benifit.

Remember you should be thinking about what sort of conditions you want for the long term and work collectivly to ensure an outcome. While you would all bend over backwards TODAY to help your companies, just be careful they may expect it for the next 20 years. How long can you keep that up. ( Im not talking about smiling at pax or doing your job well Im talking about those little add on duties that sneek into your role then become an expectation.
Just think about it

Work together and have a nice life :D

airborne1
26th Jun 2002, 14:36
Hi all. Well I'm sort of stuck in the middle here. Having worked for Ansett as cabin crew and just hired by virgin as cabin crew I'm at a bit of a loss. Where do i fit in. Well for my two cents worth. Training school is the same! The expectations are the same...the cultures differ...different markets here. At the end of the day. I am an individual! I'm me. I love flying and really that is all it is about.

Those who want to rubbish ansett - I take offense.
Those who want to rubbish virgin - I also take offense.

Both airlines were and are unique in their own ways.

Change is the keyword here, and most people fear change, instead of embracing it. Exotic..I'll be seeing you in the air..and personally I dont think you should generalise - get to know the ex ansett people instead of making assumptions - EMPATHISE key word in airlines to what they have been through. Ansett people...realise it is time to close the chapter and move on - be happy and grateful for the experience and start a new book.

There are bad people in every airline and their are brilliant people in every airline - and each to their own. judge the individuals dont stereotype - the ansett people dont want to be old bags and the virgin people dont want to be bimbo's! At the end of the day it is about 2 things primarily which I think everyone has lost sight of. Safety and customer service....do your part and leave the baggage at home. Grow up people.

New adventures await...attitudes need adjusting on all levels.

I'm proud to say I worked for ansett and I am also proud to say I now work for virgin.

GONE SKIING
27th Jun 2002, 01:11
Well said airbourne 1

we are all individuals :D :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p :( :) :mad: ;) :D

ditzyboy
27th Jun 2002, 02:12
Exotic....

I was sort of siding with you on this one... That was until that - "you must be very gay" comment.

How is one "very" gay? I am gay. Is being "very" gay better or worse than being just gay. If it is better then how do I become "very" gay? Is it in the talk, is it in the walk or is it all about the clothes?

You have made some very valid points, as have some of the others, but please refrain from making such offensive remarks. It also only serves to fuel others' arguement against you. Poco described you as a decent person with half a brain. It seemed that way until your poor choice of words.

There are tech crew (very few) with issues re gay cabin crew. The last thing we need is our female counterparts adopting, or vocalising, such views.

Once again I admire you for sticking to your guns and making valid points based on your experiences. Just leave sexuality and your views on sexuality where it belongs... In idle galley gossip.

Thanks

ditzyboy
27th Jun 2002, 02:18
I hope that wasn't harsh Exotic... I didn't mean it to be.

airborne1 - great post!

And for those who it concerns... generalisations, be it bimbo virgin girls or fat old qantas hags, ARE GETTING VERY OLD. Using them in a slanging match only shows immaturity too.

Had to get that one off my chest.

Thanks for listening.

Exotic-Temptress
27th Jun 2002, 09:39
Ditzy

If it is that you are gay, why do you take offense to it being said???

Just for the record, you're comments where what you felt and i respect that, but not necessarily like them.

You didn't offend me, because most these posts are just personal comments that have no significance in real life. At the end of the day, we switch of our computer, walk away and forget about everything that we saw in cyber world, to face reality.

ditzyboy
27th Jun 2002, 10:33
Exotic...

You make a great point about facing reality. Too hard though :-) I much like Biscuit's idea about becoming alcoholic. Sounds easier and a lot more fun!

My point was that you were branding that guy or calling him gay is if being gay was inferior. Just like me saying you are being very female or being one of those virgin blue tarts. (I don't think any virgin girl is a tart, by the way, just using it as an example).

So thanks for understanding anyway. Your posts are some of the most intellegent on here.

Exotic-Temptress
27th Jun 2002, 12:05
Ditzy

I appreciate you nice comments.

And no, my intended comment wasn't made to make anyone feel inferior. No one should feel inferior in any circumstance.

Just for the record :) i am 'VERY FEMALE'... but there is no such thing as 'virgin tart'. Comments as such sound like playground jabber.

I'm sure people who place posts in this forum are adults, but when you read such crude branding, relating to a whole, it comes across as someone experiencing painful envy!

Wirraway
28th Jun 2002, 06:11
Just to show that it pays never to give up trying to
be an F/A, Just received an email from a long time
contributer to this forum that has had rejections
before, like Cabin Boy refused to give up, this girl
did the same, I will leave it to her to make the
announcement, and she is no bimbo, and will,
by reading all her previous posts make a great
addition to Virgin Blue's F/As

Wirraway

smile
28th Jun 2002, 09:19
Wirraway--was that last post about me???!!!:D

Yes it is true everyone-- I have had a couple of rejections over the last year or two, but after alot of persistance I have finally made it!!! I am officially part of the Virgin Blue Cabin Crew team.

Thankyou to everyone who has supported me over the last year. ( I feel like I am giving an acceptance speech)

And to everyone who is still trying DO NOT GIVE UP.

I would love to write more but my hands are still shaking from the excitement.

love SMILE:D

cino2go
3rd Jul 2002, 11:06
Just for the record i am 'VERY FEMALE'... but there is no such thing as 'virgin tart'

No tarts.. Just Bimbo's

go_dj
3rd Jul 2002, 13:27
Cino2go

You are a bitter and twisted person, maybe you should
seek help.