PDA

View Full Version : CAA Costs........

TheWrongTrousers
5th Jul 2015, 09:07
I have decided I want a job at the Belgrano.

I've just renewed my SEP, MEP, MEP-SPA-IR & FI(A). (On the back of my EASA licence)

CRI ME and IRI(A) too, but they were on the front along with my Bizet type.

Also unfortunately a change of address.

I was told getting it done all in one would be cheaper. To stamp the 7 entrys and change the address....£446......seriously?

The next hilarity of course, is next year, when i renew my MEP and IR, along with my biz jet types, I will need to get another licence because the present ones entries will be full! This means I may need to get a new licence annually with the entries/types I hold. THIS IS ABSURD....

Maybe Anti-pesto is a far better idea.

Wallace

Whopity
5th Jul 2015, 11:21
I was told getting it done all in one would be cheaper. Yes it would have; but that means getting the licence issued at the same as you renew/revalidate the ratings; you clearly obtained the EASA licence first, without the ratings so you have not done it "all in one"

I will need to get another licence because the present ones entries will be full! This means I may need to get a new licence annually with the entries/types I hold.No, they have solved this issue by supplying additional validation pages, you only have to request them!

I have decided I want a job at the Belgrano. I am sure many of the staff who seem as miffed as you would willingly give you their job! They don't proffit share or get bonuses.

TheWrongTrousers
7th Jul 2015, 20:20
Whopity,

Yes I did have the licence already. I got it when I had to convert it putting a rating on it 2 days after they started the conversion process. Pure coincidence with regards to timing. However, I was told that doing a month ago, that sending several items together would cost less. I was lied to. Do you really think £447 is acceptable to change an address on a bit of paper and add 7 lines of text?

Nice to know about the additional validation pages. First i've heard of it, and my colleagues are surprised too. Great to know though. Thank you. Shame the CAA doesn't tell anyone. Is it a whole A4 page full of the little pages then?

The staff I'm sure don't get the money, especially now that you cannot find easily, anyone with decent knowledge. It was remiss of me to say I wanted a job there. I'd much prefer to know where all the money goes :}

Wallace

Whopity
8th Jul 2015, 16:32
Do you really think £447 is acceptable to change an address on a bit of paper and add 7 lines of text?
Definately not.

Sending multiple items has never resulted in a reduced cost! Hence it is important to warn people that if they are getting a new EASA licence they should make sure everything they need is current before applying, or it will cost them extra.
Is it a whole A4 page full of the little pages then?No, it measures 105 x 73 mm and contains 6 Certificate of Revalidation slots on each side