PDA

View Full Version : Ratings while hour building

Bubbledriver
2nd Jul 2015, 18:52
Evening all,
First timer here so please take it easy with the bashing! :)
Currently sitting on 80 hours,all of which on the Cherokee and busy building for comm.
I am thinking about getting a rating on something more advanced which will be of good use to me.
There is a 172 up north which is g1000 equipped which I'm looking into as well as maybe a 182 or possible a 206.Although not limited to these variants,these are what I'm considering.
Anyone with advice on the topic?

Regards,
Bubble

Johnny F@rt Pants
3rd Jul 2015, 19:33
My personal opinion, take the cheapest option and keep your money in reserve for the commercial courses.

c100driver
3rd Jul 2015, 19:55
I would have to agree with JFP. Take the cheapest road.

If you choose a C172 then with a PA28 as well you would cover a huge percentage of the total fleet in any country. I certainly would not bother with a C206 unless it is free prior to the CPL flight check is completed with.

Intruder
3rd Jul 2015, 20:54
If your current airplane has steam gauges, get some time in the glass cockpit. You should be able to take an Instrument Rating ride in either type of cockpit, when the time comes.

I don't know where you are, but time in a complex airplane (retractable gear, controllable prop, and flaps) may be needed for the Commercial rating.

Time in gliders and tailwheel airplanes will make you a MUCH better pilot.