PDA

View Full Version : CAA Consultation on NPPL/PPL Medical Requirements

DeepestSouth
30th Jun 2015, 10:38
From another site I've been made aware of this interesting consultation - I'm just bringing this to your attention, not starting a debate. Not a lot of time left if you want to contribute via SurveyMonkey.

The consultation proposes that the medical requirement for UK private pilot licence and national private pilot licence holders is to hold a current DVLA Group 1 Ordinary Driving Licence (ODL). Existing medical options (for example a UK declaration with GP counter signature) will remain available.
Consultations and Responses
About the CAA
Our Role
Corporate Information
Passengers
Operations and Safety
Personal Licences and Training
ATOL
Regulatory Policy
CAA Hosted Forums
Consultation Details
Sponsor General Aviation Unit
Start Date: 29 May 2015
Closing Date:
10 July 2015

Consultation Documents:
CAP 1284
Survey
Outcome: The CAA will publish a Comment Response Document
Contact Details:

[email protected]

Submissions:
[email protected]

www.surveymonkey.com/s/GAmed

PA28181
30th Jun 2015, 11:59
If any of your licences are "EASA" then it's irrelevant, as it's for UK National licences only.

bookworm
30th Jun 2015, 20:58
If any of your licences are "EASA" then it's irrelevant, as it's for UK National licences only.

You don't think EASA will be watching very, very carefully?

UV
1st Jul 2015, 10:44
If you need to hold a car driving licence then I dont think they have thought it out properly. Not unusual, Im afraid to say.

How can someone learn to fly, as they can now, if the minimum age for solo is 16 but the minimum age for holding a driving licence is 17?

What about people who dont hold a driving licenece at all?

What if you get banned?

They really should say something along the lines of ...being medically fit to hold a driving licence....

I bet the AMEs just love this one!

foxmoth
1st Jul 2015, 10:52
If you read the post it says
Existing medical options (for example a UK declaration with GP counter signature) will remain available.

So you do NOT need to hold a driving licence, but from the sound of it, if you do hold one you will not then need a medical declaration.:ok: