PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theoretical knowledge instructor

mykul10
27th Jun 2015, 14:01
Any thoughts on possible employment as a ground instructor? My flying quals are well and truly lapsed, but having taught FIC, I am very comfortable teaching ground subjects.

The place is Spain seems to be one to avoid, if reports in other threads are to go by.

Are there any "fingers on pulses" out there anywhere?

Thanks, Chaps

Duchess_Driver
27th Jun 2015, 20:42
try Alex at

https://www.bristol.gs/

Don't know if they have any requirement but its close to your location....

keith williams
29th Jun 2015, 13:59
Like all things in life getting a job as a GI is all about being in the right place at the right time.

Vacancies often arise without warning, leaving the CTKI with an urgent need to fill the gap. Advertising vacancies is costly and often fruitless.

During my time as a CTKI (we were called CGIs then ) I always kept a few CVs in my desk. In most cases I had already interviewed the candidates, so I was usually able to fill gaps simply by ringing up the most promising one.

I suggest you ring the various schools and talk to the CTKI. If no immediate vacancy is available offer to send your CV and if possible arrange to visit the school to do a demonstration lesson. Hopefully all of this will get your name firmly fixed in the mind of the CTKI and your CV in his/her desk drawer. Then when a vacancy arises at some time in the future you will already be ahead of the game.

mykul10
29th Jun 2015, 18:05
Sound advice. Many thanks.

TheWrongTrousers
29th Jun 2015, 18:06
Check your PMs mykul10