PDA

View Full Version : Giving up Flying thread deleted

Pilot DAR
27th Jun 2015, 07:05
Hi PPRuNers,

I moderated the "Giving up flying" thread. Thanks to those who offered genuine replies, yours are appreciated. It would have been rather awkward to leave some of the posts out of context to those deleted. Sorry your efforts were not retained - it happens....

We have all faced difficult time as pilots, and we find our way through. I don't feel a strong need to discuss deliberately not doing what we love, but if someone needs to begin a genuine discussion, they may start a new thread...

S-Works
27th Jun 2015, 14:03
He has mental problems in my humble opinion that need dealing with before he goes near a key board again. His departure from the flyer forum was equally attention seeking.

Baikonour
27th Jun 2015, 14:22
This forum does make me laugh sometimes...

Would he/she have received as many replies as quickly if his/her username 'Sarah' hadn't hinted at him/her being female?

B.

Saab Dastard
27th Jun 2015, 14:33
Would he/she have received as many replies as quickly if his/her username 'Sarah' hadn't hinted at him/her being female?

Yes.

For example: http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/540346-why-i-may-quit-flying.html

I really don't think that this forum is in any way as sexist as you suggest.

SD

Baikonour
27th Jun 2015, 17:20
No need to be defensive, Saab.
If I thought the thread showed sexism I would not have laughed but grumbled.

There are lots of reasons why we should encourage more women to enter/stay in aviation - all of them valid. I would also be quicker to help a lady standing by the side of the road by a broken down car than a bloke - again for perfectly valid reasons.

I had forgotten the other thread - but looking at it now, I'd still say that 'Sarah' got rather more and quicker responses - even after he/she had been 'exposed! Anyway, no matter. Next time I feel a thread makes me smile (like this one, for instance...) , I'll keep it to myself :ok:

B.

Cusco
27th Jun 2015, 18:44
Been away for the day:

I thought it was odd when sarah had posted on other forums with similar odd thoughts.

How was it decided that she was a he?

Cusco

piperboy84
27th Jun 2015, 20:21
How was it decided that she was a he?

Large pair of bollocks and an Adam's apple is always a dead giveaway :ok:

Cusco
27th Jun 2015, 20:42
Oh, so 'she' posted a photograph, did she?

I think you were all 'had':ugh:

Cusco

Pirke
27th Jun 2015, 20:48
She was probably a university study into social behavior on internet message boards. Or a good AI :)

Click here to have a fun discussion with a computer (http://www.cleverbot.com/)

Pilot DAR
27th Jun 2015, 22:03
I'm just regular pilot guy, not cunning computer wizard. Perhaps some less than forthright posting was not noticed right off the mark by me.

I like the idea that dedicated posters, who really add value here, feel that their forthright efforts are appreciated in that context. I like the idea that new, and enthusiastic participants can feel confident that what they read is the better "product" we can collectively advance.

Monocock
28th Jun 2015, 21:45
Sarah (here) is nothing to do with Marjorie (me) on the Flyer forum.

I departed the Flyer forum due to one individual who became rather bitter and childish.

I am a transparent person and despite some people loving the thought that I'm some kind of troll, I've been around these parts for 15 years!

Sadly, there seem to be too many people who spend too much time on keyboards, and not enough time in cockpits....

I left the Flyer forum for one reason, and he is probably unaware of why that is. He's a rather arrogant type who wears lots of hats.

I'm genuinely pleased to no longer be involved. :-)

S-Works
29th Jun 2015, 00:01
You reaped what you sowed. Your idea of humour was another's bullying. I don't condone whatever happened to you but the irony of you receiving your own Medicine has a little bit of a sweet taste to it.....

Perhaps in your next incarnation you might want to think about participating in flash mobbing.

:ok:

Pilot DAR
29th Jun 2015, 05:40
Let's go onward to discussing aviation....