PDA

View Full Version : Aerodynamics Malaga - first impressions

indyaachen
24th Jun 2015, 11:47
Just visited Aerodynamics, Malaga with the intention to do PPL in a few months time.

As someone from non-private flying forum had mentioned, the office exterior in Malaga does fool you. Inside, they have put together an impressive instracture. The facility is more geared towards commercial pilots training. However, they have acquired the ATO license from CAA March 2015 to train the hobby pilots :).

The theory is split into 70/30 distance/classroom learning. The written tests could be taken at the Malaga facility in the newly (so they said) established test center. They recommend to do five hours in the simulator during the ground school preparation, before starting the flying lessons.

For the practical lessons, they seem to use both Malaga (AGP) and La Axarquia (LEAX, 40 min from Malaga) airports. They indicated that they don't use Malaga so much during the summer for the obvious reasons.

The fee structure is quite interesting from Aerodynamics. It is all-inclusive, 9200 Euros, paid in the installments. This includes the usuals .... but also the things like landing fees.

I have been looking around, and I don't think they are especially cheap, but it is an interesting option for those also cosidering schools like Fly-in-Spain, Jerez.

They have not been conducting PPL training for long. I wonder if someone already had some experience with them. It'd be nice to hear.

Cheers.

M-ONGO
25th Jun 2015, 11:44
Malaga will not be used for any VFR training in the summer months, as it's IFR only - or was at least.

Do not pay up front - with any school.

The CFI of this school has his 'quirks', but teaches reasonably well.

I do not agree with the sim time before flying real machines.

When they rent aircraft to students from LEAX, they insist on a Spanish speaking PPL or instructor to be on board. Check the implications of this, I may be wrong.

I've done a few IR renewals with them and an MEP renewal. Cant complain, does what it says on the tin. I would use their services again.

indyaachen
25th Jun 2015, 20:14
Really valuable inputs M-ONGO.
I guess half the CFIs belong to this ´quirks´category :p

They say that they use Malaga airport mostly in winter, but I think they would be using La Axarquia in reality. I´ll visit the facilities there before making any final decisions. I was told that a student could choose the flying hours instead of the simulator. Being a complete novice I can`t say much, but I`d rather prefer real experience.

kingbing
16th Feb 2016, 17:43
Any further news Indyaachen? I was looking at this as a possibility too, and would be interested in any thoughts you had. Thanks