PDA

View Full Version : Question about training

munsey8
22nd Jun 2015, 15:36
Hi everyone,

A quick question about training. I've built some hours in the UK and may have an opportunity to spend some time in Canada, and I won't want to put my training on hold. Now the school I've been in contact with has said my hours here will be transferred and will count towards the 45 required over there.

But I'm not sure how long I'll be spending over the pond and as such may need to come back to the UK to complete my training and obtain the PPL.

Will the hours I build in Canada be valid back here in the UK?

I did do a search and couldn't see a lot.

Thanks in advance :ok:

MrAverage
22nd Jun 2015, 17:29
The short answer is no. If you gained a Canadian PPL and 100 hours total you could convert that to a UK issued EASA PPL. Many perfectly good ICAO countries will accept training hours completed in the UK towards their requirements but the UK will not or cannot. I suspect it's another restriction on what we can do that's come out of being "in" Europe. Someone with more knowledge of why is sure to be posting here very soon....................

munsey8
22nd Jun 2015, 17:35
Thanks for the info MrAverage, I had a feeling something along those lines would be the case. I might try and complete 25 hours in the UK and finish the rest in Canada.

Sorry for another question but you wouldn't happen to know about the exams? If I completed them here can they transfer?